Fugazi

2011 Alien Conquest

For some reason I think the visor might be trans light blue.

Are you sure? That looks pretty trans-clear to me.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Are you sure? That looks pretty trans-clear to me.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

It may have something to do with me being semi-color blind and that the helmet itself is blue.

We shall see.

I only hope they go the classic space route and make space suits in various colours! After all, light blue is soooo intimidating...

I only hope they go the classic space route and make space suits in various colours! After all, light blue is soooo intimidating...

It's not totally clear that it's light blue (or more specifically, medium blue). I'd actually expect it to be bright blue-- the lighting is kind of weird in this particular picture, but the spacesuit is still closer to the Ninjago character Jay's head-wrap than to the medium blue Hawaiian shirt further down on the same page.

According to the person who made pics of the 2011 retailer catologue there will be a new classic based space theme, I really hope to see new pics because If TLC retrofitted the old ones, I will buy some. Nostalgic :classic::thumbup:

According to the person who made pics of the 2011 retailer catologue there will be a new classic based space theme, I really hope to see new pics because If TLC retrofitted the old ones, I will buy some. Nostalgic :classic::thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter?

Also, if you have contact with this person, ask if they've seen any images and if they have, whether or not we can expect variation in the aliens.

Klaus-Dieter?

Also, if you have contact with this person, ask if they've seen any images and if they have, whether or not we can expect variation in the aliens.

No I don't have contact with him, he's the person from the new Kingdoms pics and said this on his Flickr page.

No I don't have contact with him, he's the person from the new Kingdoms pics and said this on his Flickr page.

Couldn't you just message him? :wacko:

I am very disappointed in the introduction of a new space theme. Just when I thought my bank account would recover from the heavy spending on the space police theme, it seems what little is left in my poor wallet will now be drained out...

I love the look of the minifigures. I was originally expecting it to be modern-day, on-earth kind of thing, but the space suit is promising. The trans-clear visor will find its way into many of my mocs. I hope the civilian figures are wearing spacesuits too, but regardless, this "ADF" soldier will be used as one anyway due to its funky color scheme. I was originally hoping for the soldiers to look like this:

41efu64x3AL._SL240_.jpg

Overall, the space-woman is promising, and I indeed hope for the classic space variety of spacesuit colors that everyone is discussing. The alien looks almost like a Gammorrean Guard from Star Wars, but the comical appearance and the ghetto look will help it fit perfectly with my space police criminals.

Wait a minute, is that a series 1 ray gun? :oh3: My relentless army-building of spacemen was in vain. No seriously, I was scared that the ray-gun piece would never show up again in grey, but it seems now to be available in commercial sets. I like that, that piece is so versatile and its usage in space mocs is near infinite.

Edited by JustinYum

Couldn't you just message him? :wacko:

Ofcourse, everyone can, if they want. it's not liek he's my personal contact for these things. He's just a random person on flickr who made pics of the retailer catalogue, but only from the new kingdoms line.

Are we sure that the Classic Space theme the guy with the catalogue is describing isn't the Alien Invasion theme? I can't imagine LEGO releasing both at the same time.

Are we sure that the Classic Space theme the guy with the catalogue is describing isn't the Alien Invasion theme? I can't imagine LEGO releasing both at the same time.

What about City's space subtheme? They fit the "classic" description better, and they will be released (though earlier than this theme). The catalogue is for both waves of next year, I think.

Wait, what "classic" theme? I seriously doubt LEGO would release two Space themes in the same year, especially with these NASA sets... but that trooper minifig does look a little "classic" oriented. That's actually kind of intriguing.

It's my understanding that he was in fact referring to the NASA sets when he mentioned a "classic" theme.

Edited by Mesonak

It's my understanding that he was in fact referring to the NASA sets when he mentioned a "classic" theme.

That could be. Spaceport 2011 and Alien Invasion are different enough (modern space travel vs. sci-fi) that I could understand them being out at the same time. But the astronaut suits in the Alien Invasion theme also look a little like Classic Space, even though they don't seem to have the classic logo.

Wait, what "classic" theme? I seriously doubt LEGO would release two Space themes in the same year, especially with these NASA sets... but that trooper minifig does look a little "classic" oriented. That's actually kind of intriguing.

In the early 90's it was not uncommon to have a City Space theme with a launchpad and a shuttle running alongside a space theme in the same year...

i wonder if this is the theme:

here is a picture:

alienconquestlogo1.jpg

and here are the numbers and names:

7049 Alien Striker (July 2011)

7050 Alien Defender (July 2011)

7051 Tripod Invader (July 2011)

7052 UFO Abduction (July 2011)

7065 Alien Mothership (July 2011)

7066 Earth Defence HQ (July 2011)

7067 Jet-Copter Encounter (July 2011)

Well, at least the non-alien sets look a little like the older classic space sets, I mean blue and grey colorscheme, yellow windows and red lasers are very common with the old sets, still I think it looks al little uninspirerd and more like a bad Hollywood movie :hmpf_bad:

in ufo abduction there is a farmer with what looks like the old picth fork! i am no expert, but i don't think that the pitch fork has been in production scince the 90's.

Yes, Virginia there is a santa claus ! :laugh:

What a Christmas present.....a true SCI-FI theme like from the 1950's - oh, I just love those classic B-grade movies.....from what I can see....AWESOME.....oh, more pictures please !

Man, 2011 maybe the coolest year for Lego ever ! :laugh:

Keep on wishing for those Aliens.....we come in peace ! :alien: