Fugazi

2011 Alien Conquest

More little green men... an angry looking alien! I'll just wait and see what we'll get before I get too pro/anti anything! Haha.

Hmm. I'm not sure what to think. I don't dislike the alien but I'm not crazy about him either. Looks VERY cartoon-ish to me which may or may not bode well for the theme... I prefer more "serious" Space themes. The space girl isn't terrible either but she's a little bland in terms of design.

Lets hope the sets are a little more impressive than the figs so far.

Great find! Yes, these are definitely part of that new theme as they fit the original description perfectly: "2 aliens, different heads but a rather disgusting colour of green with 2 what seems like Power Miners suited soldiers".

I too have mixed feelings. They don't look bad, but also not terribly interesting. I'll have to wait for pics of the sets to make up my mind.

So, does this mean we can expect pics of this theme from Toy Fair? :sweet:

That alien looks fantastic.

I'm off to find a use for it within the Star Wars universe. What species would it resemble?

Looks like wave 2 pics are coming up already, so expect pics for all other themes aswell, within a few days. :classic:

~ General Magma

It seems,after closer examination,that the alien will have some sort of purple(maybe!I mean,just look at the sleeves!

Looks like Bright Reddish Violet (the same color as Lotso).

I'm impressed. Not sure if the theme will be one I decide to collect, because of course it would be silly to decide how good the theme is based on just two minifigures. I'll have to see what the construction portions of the sets are like before making judgment.

Still, I'm happy with these minifigure designs. As Zarkan said, not the next Blacktron by any means (or the next Spyrius for that matter), but there could still be potential.

This managed to slip past me. Hmm..

Space Police gave me a rather large collection of aliens, and I thought I had enough. This is making me rethink that. I'm guessing that the alien shown might be the main species/enemy focused on, and that maybe other aliens in the theme are variants, different ranks or something.

Well, overall I have no idea whether I'm going to like this or not. I like sci-fi stuff, but Space Police has mostly filled my need for that. If it's drastically different, though, I might be interested.

Edit: actually, wait. If this theme is mainly an organised alien invasion instead of freelance space criminals, I'll probably be interested. :classic:

Edited by Delta 38

Maybe this will be a new Summer theme!

No, it had been confirmed that it will be, actually.

Can't be a maybe, else we would have seen pics of the sets already a month ago - and then, they would've been released by now already.

~ General Magma

No, it had been confirmed that it will be, actually.

Can't be a maybe, else we would have seen pics of the sets already a month ago - and then, they would've been released by now already.

~ General Magma

But they could also be part of Series 5 of the CMs.

Lego have done it again.....being cheeky !

Yep, sneek in a few little teasers to get our mouths talking......the female in space gear...is very nice....the helmet gives it a bit of Babylon 5 or original BSG feel. The alien is TOO COOL....be a must have !

Let's now just wait and see what comes forth from Lego in the way of sets eh ?

Keep on defending Legoworld ! :alien:

But they could also be part of Series 5 of the CMs.

I don't think they can. The original rumors said that these were seen in a sort of battle pack with two of the astronauts, two aliens, and another fig.

I hope the space fans get a new theme, because the lack of one this year can't be justified.

Why is it so bad that there wasn't a new theme this year? The SP3 sets we got were good enough IMO.

By the way, could a mod possibly put those pics into the first post? Also, since this theme is pretty much confirmed, why not pin this thread?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I don't think they can. The original rumors said that these were seen in a sort of battle pack with two of the astronauts, two aliens, and another fig.
We are yet to have a confirmation that they are the same as the ones in that rumored battle pack.

We are yet to have a confirmation that they are the same as the ones in that rumored battle pack.

That would be a pretty strange coincidence. Not to mention we already got a lime green alien in S3 and a spaceman in S1. :hmpf_bad: I think Oky is correct these are probably the rumored figures and that's basically confirmation of the theme.

I think he may be correct, but there is no evidence for that, as you mentioned, there are precedents in collectible mini figs that look like these and it would not be the first time a collectable minifigs series has something very similar to a past one.

Well, well, well.... I think maybe my first post was a bit presumptive. These figs look good! I'm glad to know that the civilian is not an earthling, but instead an astronaut! I hope this means that the soldiers we've heard mentioned are also geared for space battle. I hope this means we'll get some civilian lovin' too! Additionally, The alien looks pretty sweet (or rather, sour)! That ray-gun is getting pretty popular!

Edit: I just read the letters ADF on the blue fig's outfit. Alien Defense Force anyone?

~Insectoid Aristocrat (status update: not invading :sadnew: )

Edited by Dannylonglegs

OK, I suppose there is a slight chance they might be, but that would be very repetitive from S3, and like CB said, quite a strange coincidence. Besides, we just received pics of S4, so I find it unlikely we'd get such finalized pics of S5 so soon.

I'm glad to know that the civilian is not an earthling, but instead an astronaut! I hope this means that the soldiers we've heard mentioned are also geared for space battle.

Uhm, I'm pretty sure these are the PM-like soldiers that were mentioned. It's the so-called civilian we don't know what it looks like yet.

Uhm, I'm pretty sure these are the PM-like soldiers that were mentioned. It's the so-called civilian we don't know what it looks like yet.

You're likely right, I just remembered that the first wave of PMs were blue. That also gives more credibility to the letters ADF meaning Alien Defense Force.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

spacewoman.png

am i the only one excited about the possibility of trans-clear visors?

the visor on that helmet definitely look clear to me... currently those are only available as non-prduction parts and fetch a good price on BL when they become available.

crossing my fingers

Edited by slacker int