Fugazi

2011 Alien Conquest

I could see this theme pinching ideas from the old Mega Blox Alien Agency sets.

II really liked the idea of that theme as a kid but disliked the quality and crappy aliens, So if lego made a similar theme with their own designs and better quality it could be awesome! Especially if they made an old military hangar with a crashed UFO that they're experimenting on and like people said before an area 51 type place.

BTW this is what some of the alien agency sets looked like. As you can see if all the crap was taken out and had better quality and designs they could be quite good lego sets.

:EDIT: Dang it won't let me post the other pic so let's see if this one will work.

B00006JZSP.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Edited by ComputerBug

Or maybe the update brought a megablocks filter so there wouldn't be any lego-inappropriate material. :tongue:

heh, what a wond'rous world that would be...

But you've got the right idea. Mega Bloks might be crap, but they DO know how to pick themes, and an alien research lab would be an awesome set.

Are you talking about the Mega*****? If so, I could see Lego doing a really cool version of that. As long as they don't do clay and they do the first jellies in MM. The martian commanders in that series were actually pretty cool!

The Mars Mission aliens are (IMO) the ugliest LEGO piece ever made.

I hope if the rumors are true and we get aliens in this theme, they are more like the Space Police aliens or or the Atlantis creatures than the Mars Mission aliens.

The Mars Mission aliens are (IMO) the ugliest LEGO piece ever made.

I hope if the rumors are true and we get aliens in this theme, they are more like the Space Police aliens or or the Atlantis creatures than the Mars Mission aliens.

It's pretty much already been confirmed further back in the thread that the aliens will have normal minifigure bodies and special heads, like in Space Police

Will/Rocketbilly

Probably something about hotlinking:

http://www.toymania.com/news/images/0903_mb_5621.jpg

That link gives an error about permission, adding a space after the .jpg solves that. But to save all the hassle:

Mega%20Bloks%20Alien%20Agency.jpg

Agreed, that looks like it could be a good set in the hands of a better manufacturer. Dunno how © works with set ideas, but I think it would be hard for MB to win a lawsuit if TLG made Area 51-ish sets...

Edited by Tobbe Arnesson

Well, this is news! Whether it's good news or not remains to be determined. I, for one, am not to excited with the idea of an earth based alien assault theme. Even though that type of movie has recently become very popular here in the U.S. (but likely elsewhere too) I am not fond of the concept. When I think of sci-fi, I think of fantastic planets and advanced spacey technology, and Lego has always provided me with those images in their sets. An on earth plot is not something I look forward to... Unless, of course, this is finally the INSECTOID RESURGENCE! :laugh: I hope that this ugly green is an existing green, that would be nice. (I hope it's just plain-old green, so that we may finally get more green hands!)

~Insectoid Aristocrat

reason for edit: spelling error

Edited by Dannylonglegs

A new space theme ?

After be disappointed by mars mission and not really fan of space police III, I really want a classic invasion of aliens against humanity ! And see new weapons, armors and a good look for the aliens :alien:

And why not civilian set for more fun (especially if you are a aliens :devil:)

Just imagine lego make this in 40k style ! :tongue:

Just saw on FBTB the invitation to the 2011 toy fair, and on it there is a green alien and a bule space mini fig. this looks like the new space theme for summer. look at the top right and the second down from the top left.

5277960259_1cbf85ed35_z.jpg

flikr

I like that hey are releasing more versions of the new space helmet, that light blue in the picture was unexpected. Hopefully more pictures come out showing us what the sets will look like.

it looks like the person in the space suit is a girl too!!

Is it me or does the alien in the pic have the same color scheme as the alien from Series 3?

Um... I really don't know what to think. That alien design is just... well, I'm not sure how to describe it. All I can say is, I don't think these guys will be the next blacktron. :sceptic:

Here's me hoping they belong to Collectable Minifigs series 5, because it does not look promising as a theme. (unless the spacemen somehow manage to incorporate many classic elements, which is a possibility seeing the suit he is wearing)

That should have been the series 3 alien. It so much better than another squidtron type head. If this is the new theme it looks like the ray gun will be making an appearance in it too.

New figures look great to me. I'll admit that I didn't like the alien too much at first glance, but after a few minutes of examination it's a really nice figure, and I'm sure he's not the only alien that we'll see in this theme. As for the human? great, nothing wrong with it. I doubt we'll see much variation on these guys, though, as the trend tends to be for themes these days.

Will/Rocketbilly