Fugazi

2011 Alien Conquest

It's obviously a Hitler-esque Brain-stache. :hmpf: I love that figure! :laugh:

I can't say how much I want to see those two prelims released, or at least a little closer! That Alien-tank-like one especially! Please Lego! :sing: That ADU plane thing would be amazing too! They really needed a cheaper plane! These two sets are honestly, the perfect continuation of a near perfect theme. It would be a shame for them not to get released.

~Insectoid Aristocrath

I think there could be a chance of these getting released, but just to keep myself from being disappointed, I'm gonna assume that these are abandoned prototypes for now. I would be legitimately surprised if Alien Conquest makes a comeback.

True. I'm still hoping. Those prototypes seem so awesome... Hopefully this is "to be continued". I want to know more about these awesome sets. And soon.

Edited by DraikNova

I think there could be a chance of these getting released, but just to keep myself from being disappointed, I'm gonna assume that these are abandoned prototypes for now. I would be legitimately surprised if Alien Conquest makes a comeback.

I know. :sadnew: It's just that Lego basically answered my only two gripes with the original line up: The only thing I thought was lacking one either side was a heavy, offensive ship for the aliens (not the Tripod because it was somewhat light and could detatch from it's guns, and not the abductor because it had no "weapons" to speak of (for the most part, big weapons weren't even present in the mothership). Both were perfect as they were and I wouldn't change anything about them but the Aliens lacked real "muscle".) And a cheap, medium/small jet/flying-vehicle for the ADU (their smallest flying ship came in the largest set, which I still don't have (it also came with the smallest saucer), and the only other flying ADU vehicle was the Jetcoptor, which was their flying muscle.) These two sets would complete the theme perfectly. I too am going to consider them cancelled, but I'd love to see better picks of them nonetheless. :sceptic:

Does it look like the one with the ADU flyer would come along with a small saucer like the one in the ADU Mobile Base?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Well, I see your point, but if these sets will be released, you've got exactly what you wanted: An ADU spider walker, which seems to have serious firepower and what appears to be a giant alien tank/lab, which definitely has some serious firepower.

Well, I see your point, but if these sets will be released, you've got exactly what you wanted: An ADU spider walker, which seems to have serious firepower and what appears to be a giant alien tank/lab, which definitely has some serious firepower.

Well, yes. The point is that these sets would be exactly what I wanted! To what alien spider walker are you refering? I thought that and the tank with the lazer and pod were one and the same. There's an ADU jet set right next to the tank which seems partially cut off.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I just noticed the spider vehicle thing. That'd be a great set if it were released. :sceptic:

It's sad to learn that this theme was cancelled despite a second wave being planned.

I feel guilty now for not buying more of the sets when I had the opportunity. I was waiting for the next wave. :distressed:

Seeing how finalized these sets look, I'm not sure if this is actually being cancelled in stead of there being a new wave after this hiatus. I hope that if this wave isn't cancelled it will be released in 2013 first wave, so that I can buy some of these sets in time for Christmas.

Many thanks to Owly for posting this much clearer blown up copy of the pic in another thread. *oh2*

http://ow.ly/i/HJQX/original

of particular interest. I think we can see one or two OTHER unreleased AC sets in it. Look in the upper left quadrant. Just to the right of the silver pipe/slide. There is a clearly seen display case with Atlantis and Alien Conquest sets. The boxes in that case from top to bottom are EDF HQ, Mothership, Jetcopter, Tripod, Defender and Striker. But next to the Tripod is a narrower box? Is that just an obscurred Abduction? Or is that something else? It seems sort of skinny? Almost like a box from those HF type action figures? And right above it is some sort of smaller 4 bladed helicopter? and right in front of it is some sort of gray saucer ship that I can't place? Maybe a small alien fighter, bigger than the ones from EDF HQ and jetcopter but smaller than Abduction? :look:

of course I may be imaging all of this :wacko:

May also have to point out the two pirate ships just to the right of that cabinet to the Pirate folks. I don't recognize those? :look:

Edited by Faefrost

Actually, at first I also thought that thin box was a new set, but I think it was just a folder. I actually have one and it's the perfect size to fit into that image.

If they had to drop a theme this year, why didn't they drop (or postpone) that crappy-looking Dino thing instead of axing AC wave 2?

If they had to drop a theme this year, why didn't they drop (or postpone) that crappy-looking Dino thing instead of axing AC wave 2?

The little kiddies loves them some Dino's.

Well, they did stop Dino and it isn't sure that AC wave two isn't being released. Anyway, if they actually do release wave two, I hope we'll get a purple brain piece like we thought we were getting with the "Female Alien" fig.

Edited by DraikNova

They didn't stop Dino, what happened is that Dino seems to have only ever been a one-wave theme (like Pharaoh's Quest) whereas Alien Conquest had a potential second wave that was somewhere near to completion but which got bumped because they had too many other themes.

My comment is that of all the products released in 2012, there are plenty of things that I would rank lower on the list than AC Wave 2.

Here's a link to my AC MOCs. Hope you like them and would love to see any other AC MOCs, too (like that huge display from a few pages back).

Brickscape, I love them all. Great job! Superb integration of City and CMF.

Woot for the queen, and pretty please can we have the alien tank next? I don't understand the disappointment over her brain, isn't it a recoloured one? Looks great to me.

I think most AC fans here would not mind a slight hiatus if AC comes back again later

:classic:

I think the disappointment is that the brain is trans-pink and not trans-purple and also that the head is not transparent.

I will be looking forward to it if it is going to return back in the coming years.

True, the main disappointment is that we don't have such a useful color for new AC MOCs. I for one wanted to use the purple as the shoulder pauldrons on an AC alien mech. Now we don't have the right color to fit into the colorscheme, which also happens to be one of my favorite colors. Sorry about that rant. Anyway, hope we get definitive news if we are or are not getting AC wave 2.