brickzone

Winter Village: Holiday Inn

Hi folks! It's been a while since I posted an MOC here (the downside to finishing Uni and starting an awesome job), but I was determined to enter this competition (actually I had also intended to supplement my Winter Village previous to the competition announcement).

So without further ado, here is my "Holiday Inn". Some rough edges as it was built just on Tuesday evening and this afternoon.

Front:

front_alone.jpg

Yes that's a cartwheel. I was stuck for something to hide a technic pin/hole (actually half-pin stuck with stud on other side now) in the middle of the front gable.

Rear:

back.jpg

Staircase hinges out to access reception. Two bedrooms upstairs. General quaffing/feasting area at the main fireplace downstairs.

Another view with stairs re-arranged:

inside_stairs.jpg

Montage of interior:

inside_shots.jpg

Admittedly only 5 minifigs - should have thrown someone into the empty bedroom. Oh well.

In place of pride in the Winter Village:

invillage.jpg

Sorry for poor photo quality, had to quickly photo with camera-phone just before evening meal as Christmas Eve is booked for family time!

Hope you all like it. I hope to do more building over the break.

Edited by brickzone

Very nice entry brickzone! I like the conservative but very effective exterior design of this Holiday Inn. Th dark green wall, three-sided windows, and that wheel detail are all very well done. Good job and good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Nice entry, I like the dark color scheme. The roof and the snow coverings are well done. I'd only like to see a door post on both sides of the doors to the rooms upstairs.

Excellent choice of colour for the exterior (the dark green), and lots of detail inside as well. :thumbup:

Great MOC! I too particularly like the colours used, they all work well together. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~