@davidmull: I think the box size is the same. TB has size for 8043, which is 90x575x475mm, quite close to the numbers on those scanned pages.

Unimog has less PF functions as 8043. I think this is good since some of Technic AFOLs are not quite into PF. And others love the full PF like 8275 and 8043. What do you think about number of the parts? It doesn't seem to large. Is this the end of large sets like 8427, 8285 or 8258?

@Zblj: Will you buy any of the sets or will you just wait for Lego to send you a nice Christmas package? I am still upset because on last Saturday I had to shovel the snow instead of visiting you. I hate this global warming.

How many pieces has the unimog?if the box is same size it sounds good to me :)

@davidmull: I think the box size is the same. TB has size for 8043, which is 90x575x475mm, quite close to the numbers on those scanned pages.

Unimog has less PF functions as 8043. I think this is good since some of Technic AFOLs are not quite into PF. And others love the full PF like 8275 and 8043. What do you think about number of the parts? It doesn't seem to large. Is this the end of large sets like 8427, 8285 or 8258?

@Zblj: Will you buy any of the sets or will you just wait for Lego to send you a nice Christmas package? I am still upset because on last Saturday I had to shovel the snow instead of visiting you. I hate this global warming.

I doubt I will be so lucky this time arround :tongue:

Anyone thinks that the unimog tyres could be used for extreme cruiser if its really is a trike?

Edited by Zblj

this huge tires for a trike?

the rims of the unimog Tires seems to be the rims of the 81.6 or 94.8 Ballons. and if i compare the battery box with the tires, i would guess the wheels have a diameter of minimum 12 studs. and if my guess is correct the tires has the same diameter or more than the 94,8.

in my humbly opinion they would better fit to a baja trophy truck, a coal mining truck, an articulated dumper, an mb trac (the Next licensed Mercedes Model?), an telescopic loader, any road and offroad trucks.

i think there are huge models come to us. and if not from TLG, then from us AFOLS :tongue:

damn... out for the day, and by the time I come back, all the pics have been taken down!! :(

at least I had a good Christmas - only 2 sets... 8048 buggy, and a little starwars one

There hasn't been a single Christmas since I was about 4, where I haven't gotten a Lego set! (I'm now 35!)

RB

damn... out for the day, and by the time I come back, all the pics have been taken down!! :(

at least I had a good Christmas - only 2 sets... 8048 buggy, and a little starwars one

There hasn't been a single Christmas since I was about 4, where I haven't gotten a Lego set! (I'm now 35!)

RB

same for me from 3 but not last year.................i got the 8043 this year

TechnicBRICKS has a nice article (and pics) of the 2H2011 Lego Technic sets here. :classic:

Edited by DLuders

Hey all Technic Fans! What do you think that the Unimog has a motorized turntable and stabilizers or not? I can't see any sign on the box. As the box shows it only has three pneumatic function (motorized pump) and motorized winch. It means that the motor operates two functions: 1. Compressor 2. Winch. Two PF function for a flagship model and at least 150 Euros is a total drama! It would be a real shame if the turntable wouldn't be motorized. I'm worried that we will pay for the useless license and not for the complexity and technical solutions.

Edited by menad

UNIMOG U400!!!! EPIC! CAN'T WAIT!!! Too bad its going to be so expensive.. If its more expensive than the 8043 I probably wouldn't be able to buy one.. Maybe Ebay will help with that.. :tongue:

On the Unimog, a single m motor could be used to power all the functions plus a compressor.

Two driving rings could be used to select between the following functions. As usual, a PF switch would provide direction control.

-Turntable

-Winch

-Stabilizers

-Compressor

Use one driving ring to select between the turntable and winch, while the second driving ring would select between the stabilizer and compressor functions. In this way, the compressor and turntable can be operated simultaneously. The compressor would obviously have to work regardless of which way the PF switch is, but that isn't a big deal. And if the compressor is not needed, the driving ring can be placed in the neutral position.

I think it is totally feasible for all functions to be either motorized or pneumatic with one motor.

Just my $.02.

-Daniel

Edited by dhc6twinotter

On the Unimog, a single m motor could be used to power all the functions plus a compressor.

Two driving rings could be used to select between the following functions. As usual, a PF switch would provide direction control.

-Turntable

-Winch

-Stabilizers

-Compressor

Use one driving ring to select between the turntable and winch, while the second driving ring would select between the stabilizer and compressor functions. In this way, the compressor and turntable can be operated simultaneously. The compressor would obviously have to work regardless of which way the PF switch is, but that isn't a big deal. And if the compressor is not needed, the driving ring can be placed in the neutral position.

I think it is totally feasible for all functions to be either motorized or pneumatic with one motor.

Just my $.02.

-Daniel

That sounds like a good solution. If I remember correctly the same setup was used in the 8258 Crane Truck to switch between the four functions.

Its funny people on here some times,the unimog is a really nice looking set and all people are talking about is its tires and wheels ha,its not a set id buy for parts this is a proper flagship model to enjoy!

WOW..so my prediction is "true"...if you guys checked my thread on discussing about the 2011 flagship model, I mentioned about Unimog too. I'm a BIG fan of 'Mogs..I collect many Unimog diecast models, so if Lego decided to launch it for 2011, it would be a welcomed addition! As some may notice, the Unimog is an implement carrier..it's equipped with attachment point for many different equipment. It would be neat if Lego gave a few "optional" attachments for us to choose. The real Mog utilizes P.T.O. (Power Take-off), where the equipment is driven straight from the same driving engine. I see many possibilites to use an XL motor (mimicking the diesel engine) at the front and use this to operate the equipments or perhaps also drive the truck it. The Mog also has PTO winch which is also its hallmark. If the Mog cost more than the 8043,..I'd still get it! If Mercedes Benz is also involved this would be worth every cents! The last question remains..which Mog series will Lego make. The heavy duty U4000 or the medium duty U400?

the U400 "medium duty"..comes with Vario-steer, you can move the steering from left to right.

Unimog_U400.jpg

Edited by Out of Sight

Good prediction. MB license and vehicles aren't cheap in North America. May have to ask the boss for a pay raise. :classic:

Good prediction. MB license and vehicles aren't cheap in North America. May have to ask the boss for a pay raise. :classic:

Mercedes Benz Vehicles are in no country cheap. we Germans pay more for German Cars than North american people.

We will see how much the U400 will cost, and i think i will ignore the price :laugh:

Lego can call it Multi Purpose 4x4 Truck... :laugh: if they decided not to use the MB name. But the tought of seeing the Technic logo on top of "UNIversal-MOtor-Gerät" -UNIMOG on the box is...intoxicatingly sweet! :sweet: LEGO is a legend, so is a Unimog.

Edited by Out of Sight

I'm looking forward to the Unimog model.

Before everybody gets carried away with the license thing, please remember, character licenses are expensive. Product licenses are cheap. There won't be much of a "license mark-up," if any, for the Unimog, just like a generic Matchbox or a Matchbox Unimog cost the same $1.

The Lamborghini license models, for example, have been some of the best values in the LEGO line-up recently, The current Gallardo Polizia if $60 for 800+ pieces!

Edited by MAH4546

2011 is going to be an expensive year....

and maybe 8081 depending on what it is.

2011 is going to be an expensive year....

and maybe 8081 depending on what it is.

I wonder is the flatbed truck big and would it hold the 8043 excavator on the rear?

I wonder is the flatbed truck big and would it hold the 8043 excavator on the rear?

no, it is only roundabout 16 studs wide

no, it is only roundabout 16 studs wide

Ah it might if the tracks are sticking out a bit it will look even cooler :)

The Unimog looks like it might be scale to the 8295 Telescopic Handler.

And the 8040 Race Truck might fit on the bed of the 8109.

Edited by LEGOMAN132