Here are the prelim picks of the new sets. I seen this in the other topic and posted it here. :classic:

The Unimog doesn't look like a flagship type of set large set. It also has the Mercedes License :thumbup: And it's orange!

No extreme cruiser pics though? :sceptic:

Wow, these models look great!

For the unimog, PF + pneumatics = compressor maybe?? :oh:

my dreams come true. Big tires with a realistic width to diameter proportion + a realistic offroad Tire Pattern.

only for the tires i will buy this set minimum two times, to have the tires for a 15to mil gl.

only one critic i have on the U400: could it be not a U4000 to have not these ugly drivers Cab? anyway, i have enough parts to solve this problem.

Edited by efferman

That Unimog looks really cool! And there are... pneumatics!

The flatbed truck loks very realistic, but I think it hasn't many functions. It looks a lttle bit like the cherry picker.

The new tires on the Unimog look awesome. They are probably the first true successor to the old 24x43s for large-scale trucks. :thumbup: It's also good to see pneumatics being used again, despite what TLG said about that in the past. I see the claw arm has 3 pneumatic pistons and there should be at least one more piston for the dump bed. The single M motor in it is probably used to drive a compressor. It has outriggers in the back too, although I can't tell how those work.

only one critic i have on the U400: could it be not a U4000 to have not these ugly drivers Cab?

Yeah, the proportions of the cab are not right somehow. It may just look that way due to the angle the picture is taken at.

Great, absolutely great!Unimog looks like function successor of set 8868 .Absolutely must have!

Hi,

It looks like it has "minimal" PF capabilities, i.e. an engine and battery for driving the pneumatics, no IR control or anything like that.

This means that it won't be as successful as the 8043 in my opinion.

I believe a lot of kids (and adults, me included) bought the 8043 because it had two remotes and you can control the mechanics "remotely".

Here it would appear you need to move the lever at the mid section of the truck to get it to "do" something.

Kinda shame - though I agree that bringing back the pneumatics - large wheels - etc is a bonus and great buy for me too.

Thanks,

Noam

Unimog is way cool!

It seem to have two levers in the middle that can be flipped up/down. I suspect one is for the winch in front and the other is for turning the crane.

In the back there are three levers wich should be pneumatic valves for crane control. Bend in two joints with large pneumatic cylinder and open/close gripper with small cylinder.

There should also be a compressor in there, hopefully.

Box is 582 x 280 x 91 mm and release August 2011.

I'd be disapointed if it's more expansive than 8043 for what it looks right now.

Also looks to be not that many orange parts.

Edit: As long as the pneumatics can't be remote controlled I see no point in having remote control for this model. No PF Pneumatic valves, yet. That would be awesome!

Edited by Tobbe Arnesson

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5043/5288864554_5b8822a909_b.jpg

Oops was again beaten... NWM

Anyway I relly like the mog's new wheels! Maybe you can easily motorise othe functions with PF elements. I suppose there is a switching function between rotation of the arm and the winch.

Flatbed is the third motorised set, making the 2011 year with most motorised sets! It seems to use one large LA to tilt bed and to push it back.

Nothing special about bucket truck IMO

Edited by Brickthing

I bet the Unimog is so expensive because of the license.

I encourage the use of orange. I was hoping for a gearbox and suspended wheels. At least suspension. That would be a major plus. We get 3 trucks in 2H2011... The flatbed has a very nice looking front though.

Not overly enthusiastic yet...

But then again: I am never very excited but eventually wind up buying all sets each year anyway...

Edited by merman

Bucket Truck-I like the use of white parts. (Still I have only few of them) And it looks like it uses the rear wheels from the 8260 Tractor lego-technic-8260-traktor.jpg

Flatbed Truck-Great looks and colour scheme. As the others mentioned, does not look like it has many functions.

Unimog-Great tires. Glad to see the orange panels and pneumatics. On the other hand, it is probably not with suspension. Still cannot wait for the better photos.

Yeah, the proportions of the cab are not right somehow. It may just look that way due to the angle the picture is taken at.

the original U400 have the same proportional problem. In my Eyes it looks like a Cyclops.

but anyway, i want this tires

WOW.

I don't want any set, I just want those Unimog TIRES!

I tried to make comparison between unimog's white lights...those are 2 studs in height, vertically looking, and front tire.

I got value between 9 and 12 studs diameter.

Is it just me, or does the Unimog also have a telescopic boom? Looks almost like it does in the pictures. I love the tires, and I hope they make it to production.

Now that Mercedes is a new licensed product, could we see a new super car based on the SLS AMG in the future? :thumbup:

I'm guessing/hoping the unimog's motor has four different outputs: Compressor, winch, turntable and stabilizer. There's also three pneumatic switches lined up alongside each other, only two visible on the arm, but the arrows suggest the claw is also pneumaticly operated... This means six hoses through the turntable if we assume they have dual connection (usually a bit too much(?)). Anyways, it's an interesting model.

Edited by Pauger

The 8110 Unimog U400 panels on birdsmart33's Flickr photostream don't look orange to me. They look yellow, the same shade as the pneumatic cylinders. That's not to say that they could not eventually be ORANGE (the same shade as the third picture below):

64782.jpg47224c01.gif32527pb07.gif

The pneumatics and (apparent) Power Take Off (PTO) on the front could allow one to make something like this:

Maehwerk.jpg

They are definitely not the same shade of yellow as you can see in the 8109 set right next to it and the Pneumatic cylinders are also a brighter shade of yellow than the cab is.

Edited by TechnicJuan

in my eyes the rectangular panels are silver or grey. this would fit to the coulours of the original

I dont know about you but for me Unimog is even better than excpected. The orange color, pf plus pneumatic, new tyres, authenticity, playability... It's just too much. This one is not so bold as the excavator and will go more with the 'safe' way. But for me it is already one of the TOP technic models. I also look at it as a spiritual succesor of the 8868. Very well done technic designers, very well! Can't wait for it.

The Unimog looks outstanding. Definite must-have. I'll probably buy a few of these :)

Funny thing, I like Technic sets of heavy equipment. There's often more scope for functions than with trucks. But I reckon I'd buy a lot more large trucks. I bought three 8285 sets and all are still assembled with modifications. With loaders, excavators and cranes there's less potential for modifications, so maybe there's less incentive to buy more of the same set?

I did buy three 8275 sets, but only because it was the cheapest way to get PF parts and tracks :)

Anyway, it's a Mog, power functions, serious amount of pneumatics, it's big, and it can be modded to all kinds of things. What's not to like :classic:

Edited by andythenorth

They all look very cool i have to say,the unimog looks very nice too and would be nice to have a model like 8868 again,do ye think its the flagship model tho as any of these above dont look like huge sets like 8043 or 8258,i dont think the car is the flagship as cars are never that popular!are these all the 2011 2h sets or could we still see a bigger flagship?

The box size definitely marks it out as the 2011 flagship. The model itself looks bigger than 8043, which was relatively small for a flagship. The concept is something TLG hasn't really done before, but at the same time it definitely looks like an 8868 successor in many ways. :thumbup: I'm almost certain that M motor is used for a compressor, and it might also power the turntable and/or outriggers.

One issue I see with this set is the licensing though, which will probably make it very expensive. Someone said earlier that it would cost more than even 8043, which was already overpriced compared to other Technic flagships.

Edited by CP5670

@davidmull: I think the box size is the same. TB has size for 8043, which is 90x575x475mm, quite close to the numbers on those scanned pages.

Unimog has less PF functions as 8043. I think this is good since some of Technic AFOLs are not quite into PF. And others love the full PF like 8275 and 8043. What do you think about number of the parts? It doesn't seem to large. Is this the end of large sets like 8427, 8285 or 8258?

@Zblj: Will you buy any of the sets or will you just wait for Lego to send you a nice Christmas package? I am still upset because on last Saturday I had to shovel the snow instead of visiting you. I hate this global warming.