SilentMode

MOC: SIMO Retreat

I'll keep things short, as I've been doing more promotion for this than anything else to date.

If you haven't seen it before: this is my entry for Brick Architect's family home competition, announced a while ago, and is my largest MOC so far. The house was based around the kind of house I'd design for myself, should the opportunity ever arise.

5284294690_3c125c5215_z_d.jpg

5283693155_151e6ca1d8_z_d.jpg

5284291460_70bbd38ce9_z_d.jpg

More photos of the house are on Flickr:

And some very blurry construction photos are in my Facebook album:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=246167&id=603422482&l=4f30d6216f

As a side note: I've upgraded my digital camera and am getting to grips with it, but I'm going to be taking pictures of all those other MOCs and MODs I haven't showcased yet, in the near future.

Very nice. It's good to see a modern building on this forum sometimes and this one is top notch. The pool, out building and car are nice features. I hope to see something like this again SilentMode :thumbup:

Thanks for Sharing :classic:

AWESOME modern house 'SilentMode', I really like the trans-blue tile pieces for the patio roof, great modern touch. :thumbup:

Overall design, fantastic.....plus I just noticed their own wind turbine.....now that's something you don't normally see on a house here in Oz that is ! :grin:

Great work, keep on MOCing and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS ! :sweet:

Wow stunning!

I remember seeing this on Flickr a little while back!

Great Entry! :sweet:

cool solar panels and wind turbine!

Edited by Fuzzylegobricks

Nice job--really like the car! Do you have any pics of the car by itself? Love to see them if you do!

Yes I do, there's a few of them on BrickShelf.

AWESOME modern house 'SilentMode', I really like the trans-blue tile pieces for the patio roof, great modern touch. :thumbup:

Overall design, fantastic.....plus I just noticed their own wind turbine.....now that's something you don't normally see on a house here in Oz that is ! :grin:

Great work, keep on MOCing and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS ! :sweet:

Wow stunning!

I remember seeing this on Flickr a little while back!

Great Entry! :sweet:

cool solar panels and wind turbine!

Thank you very much lightnigtiger and fuzzy! The solar panel idea was inspired by the EB community build not so long ago, as well as a picture of one of the upcoming NASA sets. I would definitely go with green energy if I had the chance.

I like all styles when they are executed in a good way.

I wonder how this could turn out if you use the 6x5 white walls sections and large plate tiles from PaB / Designbyme.

I wonder how this could turn out if you use the 6x5 white walls sections and large plate tiles from PaB / Designbyme.

I had thought about using them, unfortunately I forgot to make substitutions. :cry_sad:

Excellent MOC.

Immediately reminded me of Monsieur Hulot's house, Villa Arpel, from the movie Mon Oncle, due to the modernist style.

220px-Villa_arpel.jpg

Great work.

I just had a look at a video on Dailymotion, I hadn't heard of it before. It's a very interesting and charming piece of work - I wish I'd thought of having bushes like those.

Thanks for your feedback!

This is an excellent creation SilentMode! Like the others, I really like the modern architecture of this house - the conservative shape and the glass-paned walls. The added detail of the futuristic vehicle really spices up the whole build. Great work and best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

This is an excellent creation SilentMode! Like the others, I really like the modern architecture of this house - the conservative shape and the glass-paned walls. The added detail of the futuristic vehicle really spices up the whole build. Great work and best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Thank you very much!

This is a beautiful piece of work, Silentmode. I love the interior and all the furniture most of all. Well done!

Also, where'd you get the head for the female figure?

This is a beautiful piece of work, Silentmode. I love the interior and all the furniture most of all. Well done!

Also, where'd you get the head for the female figure?

Thank you sir! The female head is a custom, made by me.