R66Y

Winter Village: School House

I thought that the winter village could use a school house (and so that's what my entry for this contest is). The set includes a school house, playground, horse-drawn carriage, and 7 minifigures.

I hope that you enjoy my entry:

5284457441_09dd3d423b_z.jpg

Everybody!

5284457339_6559cbd8b5_z.jpg

A carriage ride

5285055304_69ece5fa3d.jpg

The school house

5284457229_ae8d2a6afa.jpg

In class! There's a loft with a bookshelf, full of books for the students to read, and a coat rack by the door, full of coats and hats.

5284457275_6f0489bf68_z.jpg

Recess!

and many more pictures at: www.flicker.com/...

I love the red building, the roof and the tower work really well. The contrast with the grey is also a nice looking addition. The swing and the roundabout are really realistic.

A great entry, Good Luck in the contest :classic:

Nice... The building matches great with the original Winter Village sets!

Excellent creation 'R66Y', I actually like the horse drawn carriage ! :thumbup:

Hat and coat rack - nice and a sweet looking little classroom area....kid must be teacher's pet ! :laugh:

Good luck in the contest and keep on wagging school ! :grin:

Terrific! The colors match very well and the interior is very lovely.

Ohh, and of course I also love the bell tower! :thumbup:

What a very lovely entry R66Y! I really like the color scheme that you used for this school house, very effective color combo that perfectly stands-out amidst the snowy surroundings. The other elements are very well done too, particularly the mini-playground and the horse carriage. This could actually pass up as a Winter Village set IMO, considering the piece count and elements that you've put in here. Great work overall and good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Nice! Great colors throughout. I especially like the coat rack, chalkboard, and carriage. The top of the bell tower looks great, but I wonder if there's a way to make it look more structurally solid from the back. How did you make the desks? I like how compact they are.

Great entry! I too especially like the colours used and the bell tower. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

This is great R66Y! Very good idea and once more, this is close to a real LEGO product. Well done and Merry Christmas! :thumbup:

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first school entry! Very nice job. I think out of all the entries, this looks most like an official set. Great job :thumbup:

I like this entry a lot, especially the desks and the upstairs library. The only thing that I don't like is the windows on the first floor. Windows in schools are generally smaller, either tall and very narrow (maybe 1x2x5 or 1x2x6), or short and wide (perhaps 1x4x3). I think that's so the students don't spend too much time gazing out the windows. If the windows were changed I think this would be a perfect MOC. I think in this case the 1x4x3 would fit better with the architecture of the building.

I like this one a lot! I like the library on the top floor (Mostly because I loved reading as a kid)! I also like the exterior colors.

Great work and good luck in the contest!

Philocrites: the desks are pretty simple, they're made up of a chair, a 2x2 corner plate, a 1x1 round brick, a 2x1 tile and there's a couple studs underneath to hold them up off the floor.

meyerc13: I think you're right a real school house would have smaller windows, but I thought that in the Winter Village a large window is more appropriate, so you can look in and see what's going on inside when you press the lightbrick, like the display windows in the bakery and toy store.

everyone: thanks for all the positive comments!

Philocrites: the desks are pretty simple, they're made up of a chair, a 2x2 corner plate, a 1x1 round brick, a 2x1 tile and there's a couple studs underneath to hold them up off the floor.

Thanks! Now I can see exactly what you've done. Perfect!

Excellent idea with the bell! I like how the other elements (besides the building) are simply constructed, but ooze colour.

Excellent entry! I really like the classroom and the hat stand, along with the detail under the windows!

I've never seen a swings set MOC until now. Excellent use of the chains, I never thought of that before. :classic:

Maybe the children from my Orphanage entry can go to school here. :wink: