[Review] 8099 Midi-scale Imperial Star Destroyer

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Outstanding
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Poor
  2. 2. Which Midi-scale set do you prefer?

• 8099 Imperial Star Destroyer
    • 7778 Millenium Falcon

Actually, those binoculars also appeared in the 10030 UCS Star destroyer (It came with 18 of them).

Great review! If not saving up for the amazing 2011 sets, I would definitely buy this! Maybe for Christmas I'll get it.

I actually did this review a while ago, don't remember what I wrote on that. I'll have to look it up. Thanks for the tip. :classic:

Just a quick bump regarding this set. Not really a Star Wars guy here and had no intention of buying this set but I it on clearance for $15 a few months ago so I picked it up then. I didn't get around to building it until today. Nice review but there's one thing I disagree with. The part about the ship being sturdy or something along those lines...maybe I just don't have something aligned properly but I feel it's quite flimsy and for a while it was falling apart when I tried to pick it up to move it. I've fixed whatever that was causing it but still it feels like it could fall apart easily.

Just a quick bump regarding this set. Not really a Star Wars guy here and had no intention of buying this set but I it on clearance for $15 a few months ago so I picked it up then. I didn't get around to building it until today. Nice review but there's one thing I disagree with. The part about the ship being sturdy or something along those lines...maybe I just don't have something aligned properly but I feel it's quite flimsy and for a while it was falling apart when I tried to pick it up to move it. I've fixed whatever that was causing it but still it feels like it could fall apart easily.

The only part that fell apart for me was the engine block, as I said in the review. I disassembled this set a while back, but I do know that other than that part it (or at least the one I had) was quite sturdy for its size. I really don't see a way to make it stronger without doing the stacked plates thing for the hull or using illegal connections.

Yeah the plates used for the rear engines are a bit finicky and the tower bridge comes off easily for me. But other than that, I really do like the midi scale sets. I cant wait to see what they are coming out with.