Philocrites

Winter Village: Church and Nativity Scene

On Christmas Eve, after the townspeople have decorated their trees, gone iceskating, picked up delicacies from the bakery, and selected a gift at the toy shop, they head to the village church for a candlelight service. As they approach, light sparkles through the stained glass windows. Outside, a life-size nativity scene shares the Christmas story. The set includes a church and stable, seven (and a half!) minifigs, a horse, and a cow.

5271842813_4bd3b69334.jpg

5272445428_aba82f5191.jpg

Flowers and a chandelier brighten the church's vestibule. Inside, the vaulted ceiling resounds with the singing of carols. The minister adds a blessing from behind a pulpit decked out in holiday colors.

5271833357_8dddbd9a24.jpg

Townspeople play the roles of Mary, Joseph, a shepherd, and a king in the church's living nativity.

5271834729_8289ceee69.jpg

This is the first MOC I've shared on Eurobricks. Other images—including details of the roof and steeple construction—are on Flickr. I've really enjoyed the other models people have shared.

Excellent work 'Philocrites', that Nativity Scene is totally AWESOME and true to the meaning and spirit of Christmas (the church is very nice creation too).....I wish you luck in the contest and always keep on with that Christmas spirit ! :sweet:

This is one of the most beautiful buildings I have seen. The colour scheme does it a lot of justice and the nativity scene is a welcome addition. Generally it reminds me of a Christmas night and it is really lovely to look at.

Thanks for Sharing and Good luck in the contest. :classic:

A very lovely Christmas scene Philocrites! I really like the simple re-enactment of the Nativity by the townspeople, and the details of the church is very well done, especially the glass mosaic windows. Nice work and good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Lovely!

The nativity scene is my favorite part, very nice!!

I like how you went further and used "stain glass" in the windows it adds a nice touch!

Pirate

Great entry! It has a very festive look to it. I too particularly like the nativity scene. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Vey nice church Philocrites! I love the nativity scene! Cool addition to the church! Well done! Merry Christmas! :thumbup:

Excellent job on the church, particularly the novel idea with the stained glass windows! I really have to figure out how to build those kinds of buildings.

I am a little surprised to see a king at the nativity scene, if I remember correctly he didn't like the baby very much! Or is he one of the wise men?

I am a little surprised to see a king at the nativity scene, if I remember correctly he didn't like the baby very much! Or is he one of the wise men?

So true! I made the wise man a king partly because of a popular Christmas carol about the magi, "We Three Kings," but mostly because I haven't really had something fun to do with that chrome crown. I also didn't have a great idea for what else a wise man could wear from my minifig collection.

Coming up with a minister's costume was also tricky. I ended up using the torso of a Star Wars Imperial Pilot! :laugh:

Very Nice scene. I really like your choice of colours for the church. That Blue works really good!