• 1- Poor
    • 2- Below Average
    • 3- Average
    • 4- Above Average
    • 5- Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

gallery_6705_157_17796.png

7307-1.jpg

I picked this up at Toys"R"Us. Sadly they had already marked it up. Anyways, I got this because it had two of the new mummies with wings which are something I had been wanting since I had seen the pictures.

Name: Flying Mummy Attack

Set Number: 7307

Pieces: 125

Price: $19.99

Ages: 7-14

Minifigs: 3

Theme: Pharaoh's Quest

Year of Release: 2011

Bricklink

Brickset

Here's The Brickshelf gallery.

Box:

img_1783.jpg

The front of the box has the very nice art of the Pharaoh's head and a neat desert background, which all of the sets have.

img_1784.jpg

The back side features an alternate shot of the pilot out of the plane and how the plane's grabbing mechanism works. It also has a small box near the top where the collectible item from this set is mentioned. This box is consistent for every set.

img_1786-1.jpg

Here's a nice close up of the top of the box. You can see the 1:1 picture but instead of a minifigure it's the collectible item for the set.

Manual:

img_1789.jpg

The front of the manual features some very cool desert art and a mummy wrap-type border.

img_1791.jpg

On the inside of the instructions in the upper left-hand corner you can faintly an outline of a mummy. I had no trouble with color differentiation in the manual.

img_1792.jpg

Inside the back page is a great two page spread of the new sets. Here's we have the Sphinx, the Cobra, and this set.

img_1793.jpg

On the right side we have the Temple, Scarab Attack, and Golden Staff Guardians.

Parts:

img_1787.jpg

My instructions were bent up pretty badly but the stickers were in much better shape.

img_1788.jpg

Everything laid out. No loose parts to be accounted for in this set. But we can see those lovely new wings for the mummies in their bag.

img_1798.jpg

Here are the parts for the minifigures. The wings and the headdresses came in their own little baggies.

img_1799.jpg

Here we have some nice gold parts and some great dark tan parts for the obelisk.

img_1800.jpg

More parts here we've got some great dark red parts for the wings and most of these parts are for the plane.

img_1801.jpg

This picture features the hull parts for the plane and two tommy guns. It's been a while since we've gotten any tommy guns in a set so it's nice to get them here.

Minifigures:

img_1804.jpg

From the front of the mummy you can see the new dark blue headdress which has some very cool eagle eyes printed on it as well as a beak.

img_1805.jpg

The back of the flying mummy. The wings are printed very well and have a great color scheme.

img_1808.jpg

Here's what the mummy looks like with the wings and headdress removed. The back is very cool even without the wings. I prefer the two eye side of the head over the other one.

img_1898.jpg

Jake Raines. From the front you can see the great detail Lego has put into his jacket. He's got two badges and some very cool new head printing.

img_1900.jpg

The back of the Jake Raines. He's got a great logo of an eagle which is also on the sticker for the tail fin of the plane. I've always thought eagles were cool so this great. I've got no idea what SMH stands for but it might have to do with who he works for.

The Build:

img_1810-2.jpg

After building the minifigures you start building the obelisk. This picture was taken halfway through the build of it. We use those great dark tan parts for the base.

img_1824.jpg

The tower only gets one picture because it's the same on every side. Now the tower has the main part of this sets function. More on that next. This would look better with stickers but I didn't apply them.

img_1812.jpg

At step five of the plane you've built the bottom wing and started work on the hull of the plane. It looks okay here but as you build on it doesn't look as good.

img_1813.jpg

At step ten the hull has started taking shape and you've started building up on the wing. Still looking good, the body of the plane looks fine here.

img_1814.jpg

Step 15 has the engine, cockpit, and tail wing mostly completed, using some of those dark red parts. The plane looks great after you've filed in the gaps and added the back wing.

img_1815.jpg

Step 20 has you putting on the top wings and the windscreen for the cockpit. This is where it doesn't look so good. The pilot can no longer see!

img_1816.jpg

And by step 25 you've completed the plane. The guns are somewhat accurate in there own respect, which I like.

Complete Model:

img_1818.jpg

Here's the complete set with minifigures in their proper places.

img_1893.jpg

From the front of the plane the engines and the claw, for the functionality, are very visible. I think that the wings are not far enough apart, other than that the plane looks okay.

img_1820.jpg

The side of the plane shows that the windscreen does very little to help the pilot. You can also see that there's no third wheel. This might be accurate as it could be a simple version of a Sopwith Camel.

img_1894.jpg

The back of the plane. You can see the very small gap between the wings. It's very obvious that the windscreen doesn't do anything for the pilot. For that matter he can't even see where's going!

img_1822.jpg

Gun close up. The guns were designed with reality in mind. While there are no flick fire missiles these guns are way better than them.

img_1823.jpg

Here's a cabin shot. Not much detail here but Lego did give him a control stick but no gauges.

Jewel Grabber:

img_2014-1.jpg

To use the function you, lower the grabbing arm and then fly the plane towards the tower to grab the jewel.

img_2017-1.jpg

Here's the second step of the jewel grabber. It actually grabs the jewel pretty well. I thought that this was a great idea for a play function.

Final Thoughts:

Ratings:

Playability: 8/10 The playability for this set is just a great idea on Lego's part.

Design: 8/10 The design was okay. I would liked to have seen a bit more effort put into the obelisk but what we got was fine. I didn't apply the stickers but they definitely look like they would have added to the obelisk.

Price: 6/10 At $20 for 125 parts this set wasn't to great of a price per piece value but the minifigures are definitely great!

Minifigures: 9/10 The minifigures in this set are some of the coolest of the line. The winged mummies are amazing.

Parts: 8/10 The parts were great for this set. The dark red parts a fairly rare and it's always nice to get some more dark tan.

Total: 39/50 A great score for a set of this size.

img_1833.jpg

"Hey! Get back here with my plane!"

Thanks for the review. I don't want to get this set but if I see it on sale then I might be urged to get it. The minifigures are the only draw for this set. :thumbup:

Nice review Masked! It's always good to see another reviewer's take on a certain set, and you certainly provided us with some new shots to critique and judge this set. The plane is pretty good, but I do agree the minifigs are the main draws for this set. The flying mummies' headgear and wings are great, as is the pilot's jacket dual prints. :thumbup:

Nice review! I always love to read different opinions on sets. I agree with Kieldaman. The Minifigures are amazing.

I modified the by plane, and also added a wheel to the back. Did you do anything to yours? :classic:

Nice review. This set looks worse every time I see it. I don't know, but the plane doesn't look right anymore. As Burman said, the figs are still nice.

Great review! I could do without the obelisk, but I think this is a great set in terms of the size/simplicity/playability.

If anyone has done or does do a simply mod to put two figs in the cockpit, can you share it? I've been thinking about it, but haven't quite figured it out yet.

Nice review! I always love to read different opinions on sets. I agree with Kieldaman. The Minifigures are amazing.

I modified the by plane, and also added a wheel to the back. Did you do anything to yours? :classic:

No I haven't gotten there yet. I'm going to though.

Good review, I'm digging these new sets and those Mummy wings are just cool.

Yeah I'm really enjoying them.

Thanks for the review. I don't want to get this set but if I see it on sale then I might be urged to get it. The minifigures are the only draw for this set. :thumbup:

The bi-plane is pretty amazing, looks fairly accurate and is a sturdy build. Honestly that was the draw for me.

It's a shame the plane and obelisk are kind of lame, because those minifigures are gorgeous! I will definitely be picking up at least one of each at some point. Imagine the trouble Jake Raines and Johnny Thunder will get into together! :laugh:

Looks like the biplane has some problems but who cares - easily modded and the overall look of the set is hawt. :thumbup: I can't wait to get my mitts on this one!

Thanks so much for this nice review, I actually ended up picking up 3 of these the night Wal-mart had them in, and a golden staff guardian set as well! I must say that all the figures are beautiful, and even if you don't like the biplane or the obelisk they have tons of great parts that are very useful in other builds. All in all a great set that I'd recommend for anyone who loves Egyptian themes to grab :classic::thumbup:

It's dark red. I've never heard of sand red.....

Sand red is the colour found in 4501 Mos Eisley Cantina on the Sandspeeder. :wink:

Edited by prateek

This set is turning up in the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart for half price. Good assortment of mini figures, and plates in uncommon colors.

This set is turning up in the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart for half price. Good assortment of mini figures, and plates in uncommon colors.

Yeah I'll bet it is. And only after a year of being in production. :cry_sad:

Well, sometimes you have to wait for a bargain. Personally, I love after Xmas sales.

Sure, it's a gamble on what you'll find, but you can usually find something worth your while.

Well, sometimes you have to wait for a bargain. Personally, I love after Xmas sales.

Sure, it's a gamble on what you'll find, but you can usually find something worth your while.

Yes if you can wait for them that is. I tend to like to get the sets when they first come out. And I can't stand waiting. :grin:

This was a set so nice, I had to pick it up twice. The plane makes the set IMO, plus it never hurts to have an army of flying mummies, right? Only thing I would say sucks about the set is the placement of the guns and the abundance of stickers, not to mention the price-per-piece ratio's a bit off (Unless you got it on sale), but outside of that, amazing set.

This was a set so nice, I had to pick it up twice. The plane makes the set IMO, plus it never hurts to have an army of flying mummies, right? Only thing I would say sucks about the set is the placement of the guns and the abundance of stickers, not to mention the price-per-piece ratio's a bit off (Unless you got it on sale), but outside of that, amazing set.

I would agree the plane is probably the best part.

I liked this set. I never really enjoyed the build, but the pieces had splendid MOCing values. I may get one half-price sometime.

Yes the pieces in the set are great!