wooootles

Modular Building 2011

Can you please show me a photo of a pet shop in a 3 story building? I dont want to sound abrasive, I am just ignorant to pet shops in 3 story buildings..I can show you a few multi-story banks...the last one is in Seattle.

Pet shop doesn't have to be three stories building just like another Lego modular building (Green Grocer). Ideal pet shop modular building: pet shop at street level, second and third would be office or apartment/loft. Nice pictures, though. :)

We have people who have seen order forms (or claim to have seen order forms) from TLG that indicate its a pet shop. Therefore I think we can say its a pet shop and not a bank or post office or anything else.

purr.jpg

Ground floor is pet supplies, foods, fish & reptiles, 1st floor is rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, birds etc & the top floor is a small staff flat with kitchen & sitting room.

Thanks for the photo.

Did anyone find any more?

I know people claimed to have seen order forms for pet shops etc...but the problem with the internet is anyone can say anything, and I could claim that I own a toy store and have seen order forms for a Post Office or Bank. I will not believe what anyone says until I see official photos of the set. The speculation is great, and I am checking the forum everyday in hopes that today will be the day some photos leak! I am very confident that it will not be pet shop/apartment building, but I do realize that if it is you folks will let me know I was wrong :tongue:

I am also not expecting a pet shop.

:thumbup:

This would make an excellent poll question:

"Which is most logical to be the next Lego modular building?"

A: Post Office

B: Pet Shop

C: Bank

D: None of these

:thumbup:

This would make an excellent poll question:

"Which is most logical to be the next Lego modular building?"

A: Post Office

B: Pet Shop

C: Bank

D: None of these

I think a Pet Shop would be nice. It seems in line with the amount of internal detail LEGO likes to do - a couple featured interior pieces, so something like a bird cage and a fish tank would fill an inside nicely. Surely the little frog piece would make it into this set. Then a couple dogs on leashes and you're good.

How about a Library?

Nice government building, often times pretty architecture, and found in small towns everywhere. Plenty of room for LEGO to pad the piece count with 1x2 plates turned sideways as books. Perhaps only 2/3 as tall as the GG. Every building being about the same height is a bit visually unappealing. Not enough variance. I also hope this year's is at the $100 price point. $150 for two years in a row is a bit steep.

...I also hope this year's is at the $100 price point. $150 for two years in a row is a bit steep.

For obvious reasons I don't expect the price point to come below the $150US, unless a 16x32 model is introduced.

after hearing about the product codes from suppliers i hate to say but i think its gonna be a pet shop. i am secretly hoping its a 'hard to find' or 'exclusive' kits from TLG to show off new animal elements, and not this years mod. but i think its gonna be :(

I'm really not sure why so many people are resistant to the idea of a pet shop. We haven't even seen the architecture of the building yet. I won't be the least be surprised if the building is unveiled and most of the sceptics exclaim "Oh man, I wasn't sure about the pet shop theme at first, but this design is awesome!"

I actually like the way the buildings vary in how commonly they are found in the real world. If they were all ubiquitous buildings like a bank, fire station, police station and post office, the street would seem very bland and utilitarian to me. A pet shop is just rare enough to counter the obvious fire station.

I am all for it.

Edited by David Thomsen

I'm really not sure why so many people are resistant to the idea of a pet shop. We haven't even seen the architecture of the building yet.

I have to agree on that.

I must admit that I was also hesitant at first about a pet shop. But thinking about it makes more and more sense. We have had two buildings with a single purpose now (Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium). I think it is about time for a multipurpose building like Green Grocer with appartments above the store.

Now lets wait and get surprised.

I don't mind if it's a pet shop either. I use the Grand Emporium as a Museum and the Fire Brigade as a Army Base :P

I was in the Lego Store in Raleigh NC last night buying the Grand Emporium and the Fire Brigade. The employee there mentioned they had been trained on new stock and that the next IS for 100% certain, a pet shop. She said there were some items that they were told we not public knowledge yet, but said the Pet Shop was ok to tell customers. Looks like a pet shop it is!

I was in the Lego Store in Raleigh NC last night buying the Grand Emporium and the Fire Brigade. The employee there mentioned they had been trained on new stock and that the next IS for 100% certain, a pet shop. She said there were some items that they were told we not public knowledge yet, but said the Pet Shop was ok to tell customers. Looks like a pet shop it is!

Did you ask her when?

Did you ask her when?

Yes. Unfortunately it sounds like it was a big presentation and she wasn't told a tome frame or didn't catch it. Her response was "probably august" but I wouldn't put much faith in that. She was sure of the pet shop, didn't know for sure when it was coming out.

Pet shop sounds interesting, especially in that it doesn't really tell us much about the look of the building compared to, like, if it was a bank. There's no stereotype of a "pet shop building", really.

Personally I hope it would be a wooden building that could (with some moding obviously) be used for Castle and Pirates-themed towns too. Earlier modular buildings have been pretty exclusively Town/City stuff, but I think some boundaries could be crossed and new audiences met without compromising the compatibility of the series or risk of upsetting the Town fans.

Edited by Haltiamieli

I just think it's interesting that these modular buildings are supposed to be "Lego Exclusives" and yet people report they have seen them on toy stores order forms. If they really are on the order forms, is Lego no longer doing them as exclusives, or is it something else the order form is referring to?

I find it hard to believe that Lego would put the exclusive modular buildings which they only sell through S@H and in their own Lego branded stores on an order form for purchase by third-party toy stores, when they have not done this before.

Or, correct me if I'm wrong.

Locutis

All of the modular buildings have been sold at retail here in Australia (I bought the Grand Emporium at retail in fact and could still buy a Fire Brigade if I wanted one)

I just think it's interesting that these modular buildings are supposed to be "Lego Exclusives" and yet people report they have seen them on toy stores order forms. If they really are on the order forms, is Lego no longer doing them as exclusives, or is it something else the order form is referring to?

I find it hard to believe that Lego would put the exclusive modular buildings which they only sell through S@H and in their own Lego branded stores on an order form for purchase by third-party toy stores, when they have not done this before.

Locutis

^^ i completely agree, i have a hard enough time trying to locate any to the point i just buy online. There exclusive i find it hard to beleive multiple toy stores all getting the notice...

Locutis

Toys-R-Us Americas website used to have the modular buildings listed on there