wooootles

Modular Building 2011

14 pages of utter speculation, and, the one frontrunner of the rumours - the pet shop - is based on hearsay. But let's speculate anyway, because it's fun!!!

My own gut feelings (and hopes) are that the next building will be one of:

- a bank

- a post office

- a retro police station similar to fire brigade

- a library

- a cinema

- an auto repair shop

- a city hall

- a school

- a complete house, top-to-bottom

These (in my opinion) represent some of the most likely candidates based on previous sets they have made, what fits in with the street, and what is possible with a modular design. These are the sorts of modulars I am going to be working on to create.

TLG needs to throw us a bone here.

Even if it is just a small piece of the bone, it would be ok with me. I'm not sure if I can stand the wait until September.

Then again, it would be better for my wallet... :hmpf:

Even if it is just a small piece of the bone, it would be ok with me. I'm not sure if I can stand the wait until September.

Then again, it would be better for my wallet... :hmpf:

Hey owner, can you set up a trigger to monitor Jamie's access to the forums? He appears to stop in right before a big reveal.

He has his profile locked down, which makes it hard to stalk him!

His last post was here, just a few days ago :look:

Edited by Follows Closely

While the modular buildings were not what got me into Lego again, when I discovered them they were certainly the reason for me to make my first MOC. And while they are a great inspiration, I do not necessarily have to have them all, because it's much more fun to design by yourself; right now I only have Green grocer, and that's enough for me next to my homemade modulars. So I'm curious to find out what the next set will be, but I don't know if I will spend my money on it.

10218 Pet Shop? August? Hmm.

Getting closer to believing 100% that this pet shop will be the real deal. Would be interesting!

So, no news at the New York toy fair? I was really hoping they'd have something.

What's the next big event the Pet Shop might be revealed at?

Only because there is some history there. Before any modular set was ever released by Lego there was a "test" set of a bank shown at a German toy fair or Lego exhibition - the photo of it is here: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/monorail/club-meetings/frechen-2007/frechen2007-24.jpg (it is on the right-hand side in the photo). It's not 3 levels like the modulars we know. Notice the angled roof - a bit like the GG, however, this roof is coloured in that Sand Green colour that is actually used for the walls on the GG set. I have looked on Bricklink for the sloped brick that appears in the photo, but, it is not listed as being available in that colour, so it must have been a special run of that colour for that part.

So that is my 2 cents... (to put in my modular bank!!!)

the picture is taken on a lego event for afol's, could the roof have been made with dark turquise from rock raiders?

10218 Pet Shop will be out in August for $NZ 299.99 :wink:

I can confirm that the next modular will be released in August... ...but not that it is going to be a Petshop.

This is really starting to annoy me now. When will we get to see the pictures.

I simply cannot understand why lego is trying to keep it a huge secret from all of it's devoted fans out there. With out us there probably wouldn't even be a modular series or any lego sets for that matter. We are the paying customers and we should be able to see what we are going to buy before it is officially released default_hmpfbad.gif

Proof? :)

10218 Pet Shop $NZ 299.99 August

It was on a LEGO order form for limited distribution and exclusive sets supplied to a toyshop. :wink:

Edited by AllanSmith

I think we all get too excited about this.

TLC has nothing to do with this discussion, the only trouble

are the notifications you get every time someone posts something

here, triggering everyone thinking there's some big news...

I won't cancel my subscription of this thread though... :wink:

So we have a sort of confirmation from New Zealand for a pet shop in August, the date should tell us all that we will not see images for at least another month.....wasn't it the GE that was introduced to world in March last year ? :wink:

Keep on waiting ! :wink:

A pet shop does sound interesting. So what was the clue left over from the GE then?

The Present on the billboard contains an animal?

The Present on the billboard contains an animal?

Sorry, but WTF ?

Meh, but it is odd.....looking at the GE, no animals....no cat...no dog. Usually we have noticed a clue in each modular set to the next one. Or are we trying to read too much into the designer's mind.

Let's wait and see. :wink:

August seems like the best bet because of BrickFair. I am hoping for a bank, but without word from TLC, all we can do is wait. A pet shop does not sound right because the Modulars don't have new molds, The only animals it could have are cats,dogs, or snakes.

Wmanidi