My supercar is finished :

dscf6832.jpg

dscf6833.jpg

dscf6834.jpg

Supercar features steering, suspensions, AWD drivetrain including 5+R gearbox, opened doors, convertible and spoiler.

dscf6835.jpg

dscf6837.jpg

This car was developed on three basic principles : design, building and features. I wish I managed. The car was equipped with a AWD drivetrain, with central 5+R gearbox (with removable top). The V10 engine is on the rear, it’s enable me to place the HOG system near the windscreen. The HOG drives the steering with a 20/12t bevel gear, the steering wheel is connected do the steering with two u-join and 12/24t gear. A bout the suspension, the car is equipped with independent suspensions based on double wishbone suspensions from the 8145 set. As I said before, the car is the AWD with rear engine, therefore there is one differential on each axle and one central differential. The gearbox is connected after the gearbox and after the gearbox, the engine. The central differential avoid wheel slipping because of the difference of speed during turning.

dscf6838.jpg

dscf6842.jpg

spoiler.jpg

dscf6841.jpg

dscf6845.jpg

dscf6846.jpg

dscf6847.jpg

The next interesting features are the opened part of the car. First the doors can be opened with two damped shock absorbers. They are placed underneath the seats and are operated with a soft push on the connecting rods, as you can see, the doors are opened in the Lamborghini style. Then, the top is convertible, as mentioned in the name roadster. The top is operated by a damped shock absorber placed under the engine. It’s operated with a soft push on a part accessible in the center of air-vents. The functioning is based on a parallelogram with a lock point. To finish, the spoiler can erupt, with the 4th damped shock absorbers, placed after the engine. This damped SA operated a connecting rod which lift the spoiler. The release is obtained with a push on a axle under the frame.

dscf6850.jpg

To conclude with the design : it was made with the new panel and flex system. It allows me to use light amount of red part and have homogeneous bodywork thanks to the curve of those panels.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=451861

At the moment, I am working on the building instructions with SR3D builder, here you can see some renders :

frontaxle1.jpg

frontaxle2.jpg

This is great. :thumbup:

A good looking model, with lots of functions. And, for a change, it's all without PF!

Maybe the HOG-steering is at a peculiar place, but that's one thing!

Can't wait for the instructions.

Edited by JunkstyleGio

Wonderful model with lots of inspiring features. If you care to share your SR3D file when it is done, I'd be happy to do a couple of renders for you.

A very good car, whit many functions :thumbup: .

I would love to have the instructions.

Keep up the good work!

Nico, you are surely one of the best Technic creators. I hope TLG will hire you to work with them.

Bon Noel.

Edited by Plastic Nurak

Hello !

I am still working on the building instructions :

asm2.jpg

Soon, I will start the BI with Lpub. :)

ps : picture doesn't appears because the forum replace the "LEGO" in my link with "LEGO" when I post. Why ?

Edited by nico71

The picture code still bug so I upload the picture without "Lego" in the link :

wipasm2.jpg

(maybe fix this bug will be good, many people have "Lego" in their sub-folders).

Nico71; I don't now what sort of instructions you want to make, but please, can they in pdf(s). I hate to click a new picture every step (if you now what I mean).

The pictures look good :thumbup:

Tes instrutions sont véritablement super :thumbup: . I agree with you about the "bugs" (on les appele "scripts", exactement), I had recently some difficulties reporting some link because of them :hmpf: .

@ Nico71: Lego Supercars (like fine French wine) take time to develop their full body.... :classic:

anicocar1.jpg

And the instructions are available !

63 pages - 1690 parts and a high resolution PDF available on my website.

Beautiful job with the instructions! I'm glad you got all the bugs figured out with LPub. Thank you very much for supplying this to the community.

Beautiful job with the instructions! I'm glad you got all the bugs figured out with LPub. Thank you very much for supplying this to the community.

And many thank to you Eric, to have figured out lot of problem I had :)

Looks great, I am impressed. I am looking to build my own car but atm I am limited to the bricks of the Supercar 8070 model.

@ Paul B

Actually, Paul B, this is not a set, it is a MOC, Nico71's own creation, and it is much more complex than official sets.