Sign in to follow this  
Ratshot

Pushing on after Normandy

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everyone :sweet: I made this MOC about 4 months ago

In this scene some American soldiers push on from Omaha Beach. ( I admit, the British soldiers look more WWI that WWII :blush: )

4907831646_5f09f5f9a8_o.jpg

4907831612_24e15f4896_z.jpg

Some Tommie's in a trench.

4907831506_338804de38_o.jpg

4907831474_04c824042a_o.jpg

4907240233_892c031c91_o.jpg

The Jeep. Notice the dead SS Trooper left on the steps of the church from previous fighting.

4907236235_a1e5704f18_o.jpg

Thanks for looking :classic:

flickr

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Very nice MOC Ratshot. I'm lovin' that military jeep, very well constructed. But like what prateek said, some other photos showing the jeep at different angles would be great to appreciate it more.

Like the others said, some more pictures of the jeep would be nice. From what I can see, it's a good MOC.

The small packs of ammunition lying near the trench are a nice/realistic detail as well.

And did they really carry antennas that long?

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! :classic:

Here are some more pics of the jeep.

4907831936_b5db7d11c6_z.jpg

4907240699_cfd786f51f_z.jpg

4907240667_571a793864_o.jpg

4907831838_7034dc10f0_z.jpg

4907240611_9abf9acf06_z.jpg

4907240555_c6cd8d3a53_z.jpg

4907831694_e44a1439a4_z.jpg

And did they really carry antennas that long?

No they didn't, I just didn't want to cut it.

Nice. It's very similar to jeeps from the IJ sets, but I like the extra detailing. I like that rifle mount a lot :thumbup:

The MOC itself is of an excellent quality Ratshot. I like the comms trooper and the small doorway.

The jeep is a classic design and works well. I like the back and the detail that you have put into that. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing Ratshot :classic:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the nice comments and feedback.

I will be showing my newest WWII MOC in the next week or two :classic:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the nice comments and feedback.

I will be showing my newest WWII MOC in the next week or two :classic:

Nice moc.The car looks great and soldiers.

(PS:Can you tell me if the gun naturally fits into the stand onn the car or did you modify them.)

Edited by lt.Gonville brickhead

I'm always the one to pick out historical details in War MOC's I really should stop :laugh:

But I couldn't help but notice the Black SS Trooper who has been shot, The Allgemeine SS (Black Uniform) were personal bodyguards or Hitler's staff, and would not have been in direct action, one of the things many movies fail to realise (Dead Snow, Highlander e.t.c.) But It's effective if it's meant to be in Germany.

And the British Uniforms were very similar to WWI Uniforms, infact we didn't change much for the officers uniforms.

Now my Historic referencing is over, It's a nice little MOC! I really like the soldiers radio kit! :classic:

Nice one RatShot! I like the jeep and SNOT techniques. Good to see those brave British lads in the trench and not drinking tea like everyone thinks us British do. But may I ask why they are wearing officers caps or are they officers?

Edited by Scorpiox

(PS:Can you tell me if the gun naturally fits into the stand onn the car or did you modify them.)

Thanks, the BAR fits very snug into the slot/stand. Its not too tight though, which is good.

But I couldn't help but notice the Black SS Trooper who has been shot, The Allgemeine SS (Black Uniform) were personal bodyguards or Hitler's staff, and would not have been in direct action, one of the things many movies fail to realise (Dead Snow, Highlander e.t.c.) But It's effective if it's meant to be in Germany

Your right and your wrong. The SS didn't fight during the war untill the end. My grandfather who fought with the Canadian Scotties personally accepted the surrender of a SS Colonel in Holland. What is really cool is that they met up after the war and became friends. What are the chances?

And the British Uniforms were very similar to WWI Uniforms, infact we didn't change much for the officers uniforms.

True. Canadas battle uniforms changed quite drastically. The quality of the WWI uniforms were terrible in comparison. I appreciate your comment Joey, thanks :thumbup:

But may I ask why they are wearing officers caps or are they officers?

I didn't have any Brodie helments at the time. Now I have about 30+

Thanks for the kind words. :classic:

Edited by Ratshot

Very nice work! :thumbup: It surely doesn't matter if some soldiers look more like WW I than WW II!

But I think that the dead guy over there looks quite weird because he has blood stein (or what I presume they are) around him, but just next to him those same bricks are used for flower leafs! :look: It doesn't matter! :laugh:

Thanks for the pics! :sweet:

Edited by Silverface

But I think that the dead guy over there looks quite weird because he has blood stein (or what I presume they are) around him, but just next to him those same bricks are used for flower leafs! :look: It doesn't matter! :laugh:

I never noticed that until now. Thanks for the comment :classic:

Great depiction and your storytelling is great. I totally get it! I know it's hard to get the accuracy of the event, without heavy mods, but I still think your storytelling is first rate! :thumbup:

Your right and your wrong. The SS didn't fight during the war untill the end. My grandfather who fought with the Canadian Scotties personally accepted the surrender of a SS Colonel in Holland. What is really cool is that they met up after the war and became friends. What are the chances?

No I was right. The Allgemeine SS (General SS in English) wore black uniforms and were "The General SS was the administrative and non-combat part of the SS". They were never in combat so they wouldn't have been shot dead.