Sign in to follow this  
lisqr

WINTER BREAK: Azkaban Mass Breakout

My Entry: Azkaban Mass Breakout

100_0070_small.jpg

I don't know how the prisoners got away, but jailbreak on a dragon sounds like a good idea. :devil:

100_0072_small.jpg

100_0065.jpg

Without the dragon

100_0068.jpg

100_0069.jpg

Based on people's feedback, I added a lot more water, wave, and action. Thanks for all the comments.

My moc is based on this picture. I tried to keep it black and white to get a gloomy feeling.

My flickr page

Enjoy!

Edited by lisqr

Very good entry lisqr. Maybe a bit more water in the sea would add to the overall building and feel of the MOC. At the moment it is really good so only a few tweaks are needed. Good luck in the contest :thumbup:

Wow! Exceptional work as always. :sweet:

I was hoping someone would do Azkaban, but seriously couldn't think of how to keep it under 1000 pieces.

Just beautiful.

Very unique entry lisqr, a mini-creation that most would've not expected in a regular-scale-dominated contest. Great job achieving the overall shape of Azkaban, both on the prison tower and the rock island. Very well done and best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Very cool structure! You got the shape down perfectly, and the birds-eye view is epic! Great job :thumbup:

Excellent work! Shape of the building and the rock base is excellent as already mentioned. I too would like to see a tweak with regard to the water and waves crashing at the base. Think it would go from excellent to exceptional.

The structure is neat, but is that it? Sorry, I haven't seen any of the movies past 4, and haven't read the books in a while so I'm not really sure what's supposed to be going on. Either way, a little more action would be nice. default_thumbup.gif

Nice shape on the building! I too would like to see some more action as I've yet to read about this. But it's still neat looking.

This is nice, but here are a few improvements:

-Make it dark grey

-Make it taller

-Make some water and waves (inspiration link)

Do that, and youll have a fine MOC my friend!default_thumbup.gif

If I make the prison dark grey, it'll look the same as the rock. Light grey has a better effect.

From my reference image, it doesn't look that tall. Also brick limitation (Most of my light grey tiles are tied up in another moc).

I studied many different wave techniques on brickshelf, and in the end came up with the current version.

The structure is neat, but is that it? Sorry, I haven't seen any of the movies past 4, and haven't read the books in a while so I'm not really sure what's supposed to be going on. Either way, a little more action would be nice. default_thumbup.gif

I guess my title is a bit misleading. I wasn't intending on making a mass breakout scene. I'm more interested in the prison itself. Also I haven't seen the movies myself, I'm not really sure what's supposed to be going on either. :laugh:

This creation is G-R-E-A-T ! :thumbup:

I really like the tower itself. first of all because it looks exactly like the movie :classic:

So that's good :thumbup: However, as many have already suggested, The tower should have been dark grey. and so, you might want to make the rocks black or light grey instead..

I was also expecting some dementors... Unfortunatly I guess you don't have these pieces.

What I loved are the water splashes on the rocks, even if I think some dark blue tiles, or some transparent tiles would have been nice under the white bricks.

But once again, I guess that it is due to the lack of pieces ? Or to the 1000 limit :sceptic:

In any case, the building is great but as all of us pointed out, some more action would be great. Especialy because of the misleading title ^^

Edited by Geertos13

Amazing job! :laugh: The first that came in mind: someone did it! Someone managed to make Azkaban based on the magnificent film version. I started once, but soon stumbled on not having enough black bricks and not getting the exact shape.

The shape is really well done, so is the whole presentation of your creation. The base is really nice and the newspaper finishes it nicely. And the water breaking into the rocks is also very well done. One thing I also like is the detail of the outbreak. I would have liked it even more if it were totally in black, but there are always limitations. Overall it's just great, good luck! :thumbup:

Instantly recognizable! Incredible work, lisqr :thumbup:

I love that you made something in a scale other than minifig. Very creative way to make this structure within the 1000 piece limit.

Based on people's comments, I added a bit of "action" to my moc. I don't have any dementors or the right pieces to realize one of my design. So I made a dragon instead. Who wouldn't want to jail break on a dragon!? :tongue: Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by lisqr

Based on people's comments, I added a bit of "action" to my moc. I don't have any dementors or the right pieces to realize one of my design. So I made a dragon instead. Who wouldn't want to jail break on a dragon!? :tongue: Thanks for the feedback.

That Dragon certainly looks cool, but goes a bit "against the Harry Potter Rules". The Book stated you don't need any walls, or an island to keep the prisonners locked up = Dementors is all you need.

You didn't have dementors, that's okay but for me the Dragon doesn't really fit in Azkaban. If you're adding something that doesn't make it better, don't add anything at all. That's my opinion, But I recommend keeping it however ! Let's just forget about the Books and I must say.. That dragon ROCKS !!

Edited by Geertos13

That Dragon certainly looks cool, but goes a bit "against the Harry Potter Rules". The Book stated you don't need any walls, or an island to keep the prisonners locked up = Dementors is all you need.

You didn't have dementors, that's okay but for me the Dragon doesn't really fit in Azkaban. If you're adding something that doesn't make it better, don't add anything at all. That's my opinion, But I recommend keeping it however ! Let's just forget about the Books and I must say.. That dragon ROCKS !!

I meant that the prisoners got away on the dragon. Not that the dragon is guarding the prisoners. Either way, thanks for the feedback.

I meant that the prisoners got away on the dragon. Not that the dragon is guarding the prisoners. Either way, thanks for the feedback.

I'm in two minds about the dragon. A dragon is not at Azkaban in the books, however they are elsewhere in the Potter world. But it gives a sense of scale to the building so from a MOC point of view I like it there. :thumbup:

Edited by Cara

I really love the design here and props for being brave enough to not do minifig scale. I really hope it doesn't get looked over for that. Best of luck!