Brickdoctor

Congrats to prateek, EB's first Arch Duke!

I just realized, that until the moderators change the Arch Duke description, I apparently "don't exist" :tongue:

Did someone say something? :laugh:

I'm sure the staff will come up with some new and creative rank.

Doh! I think I just got 'Cammed'. :tongue:

I'm glad you saw the joke in there. : wink:

Where are the title gods when you need them :laugh:

How about 'Uber Duke of Dukiness'?

Or 'Posting Try-Hard' :laugh:!

How about a Royal Duke default_laugh_new.gif

'Royal' would imply related to the highest family, or in other words directly connected with the Staff, who I'm sure don't want members appearing to join their ranks on account of post count alone.

Or 'Posting Try-Hard' :laugh:!

:laugh:

Honestly, I think we need a new group that doesn't use 'Duke'. The three duke ranks occupy posts 2,000-8,000; that's 75% of the posts currently under a rank, not to mention that another rank will make that number go up since Arch Duke also includes the posts made prior to the earning of the next rank up. The only other medieval title I can think of below the royal family is Lord.

'Royal' would imply related to the highest family, or in other words directly connected with the Staff, who I'm sure don't want members appearing to join their ranks on account of post count alone.

:laugh:

Honestly, I think we need a new group that doesn't use 'Duke'. The three duke ranks occupy posts 2,000-8,000; that's 75% of the posts currently under a rank, not to mention that another rank will make that number go up since Arch Duke also includes the posts made prior to the earning of the next rank up. The only other medieval title I can think of below the royal family is Lord.

Aren't people ranked as barons and above hold the title lord anyway? I believe Arch Duke is the highest non-royal rank.

Congratulations prateek, that sure is a lot of posts!

Aren't people ranked as barons and above hold the title lord anyway? I believe Arch Duke is the highest non-royal rank.

Congratulations prateek, that sure is a lot of posts!

Then I guess we do need another prefix. :laugh:

Baron is actually not a bad sounding rank, either.

How about we go back to building with our LEGO and stop putting so much emphasis on post count and what you may or may not be called in 6 - 12 months if you are still around and are posting as much.

It is NOT important and it is NOT what Eurobricks is meant to be about.

This thread has turned into talk about ranks and there is already a thread about that.

Congratulations, Prateek

You've reached the highest rank, so it would seem. Not sure what it really means, but you must really enjoy using the site...and it's a lovely title, so well done!

Will/Rocketbilly

I don't think a quantity of posts requiers such attention. Quality posts would be better, and I think there's still room for improvement ! I just hope this topic won't trigger wet dreams of 8000+ posts for some members (even if it seems that way already).

I don't think a quantity of posts requiers such attention. Quality posts would be better, and I think there's still room for improvement ! I just hope this topic won't trigger wet dreams of 8000+ posts for some members (even if it seems that way already).

Once you think about it, Quantity gets you...

-More PM space.

Quality gets you...

-Power

-Respect

-Titles

-Tags

-More PM space

-Etc...

I'll think I'll stick with quality.

Edited by cralegoboy

Of course I have friends, I just like my exclusive club :grin:

Lets not talk about my personal life...

Not only lonely, but also with nowhere to go next... As far as I know, there's still no rank above your highness. :grin:

arch_duke01.gif

Members of the Eurobricks Archduke rank are truly special people. For one, they've made 8000+ posts. Secondly none exist. Huh? prateek? Never heard of him.

:laugh: I see the descriptions have been updated...

:laugh: I see the descriptions have been updated...

'Cept the staff evidently still don't think you exist. :tongue:

To one dedicated EBer. Congrats prateek on your 8,000th post! :classic:

EDIT: Sorry didn't mean to post this one up so late.

Thanks KielDaMan and Princess M. for setting the record straight. :classic: I went searching for the ranks you get as you accumulate a higher post count. Never found it... I forgot where you guys put that topic :grin:

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

To one dedicated EBer. Congrats prateek on your 5,000th post! :classic:

EDIT: Sorry didn't mean to post this one up so late.

You still got it wrong, it's not 10,000, not 5,000, but 8,000 posts. Anyway, it seems the celebration here never stops eh, as well-wishers keep dropping by.