eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

Those figures are looking a lot hotter as actual photos. The cave girl, lizard suit guy and even the lumberjack are must-haves. It's still, however, all about the graduate.

Nice photos, now I can confirm my want-list for this.

The graduate is a must-have (that torso is cool), will probably get 2

Will definatly get an Eskimo for the hood, fish, fishing rod etc

Will have to get a zookeeper for the chimp if nothing else

Need 2 lumberjacks for the torso, baseball cap, axe etc.

Gotta have the bowler hat and legs from that clown (and the pie)

That boxer is good (esp with the double sided head)

Will have to get at least 3 of the gangster for the violin case, torso and head (plus the hat)

And I gotta get 2 of the snowboarder for my outdoors store.

Also, the photos solve the mystery of what the girl with the boom box is. The green sweatband around the top of the head confirms that she must be a fitness instructor rather than a dancer.

For me all series 5 minifigs are must haves, especially the girl figures. Only a few are least favorites, but still unique enough to become a part of my Collectable Minifigs collection. And most figures (after seing LBaixinho's link) got even a higher value. Seing some dual faces and very nice details on each torso. Thanks for sharing these great pictures!

Edited by Ro87n

The figs look much better as real photos. I think, especially the gladiator's and the mafioso's faces are better than I thought first.

Also I like the boxer's other face, I think it will be useful in many MOCs. Makes me want to have most of the figs immediatly. :sweet:

A part of me is a little disappointed the boxer's gloves are permanently attached (taking the place of regular minifigure hands), as opposed to being done in the style of the cheerleader's pom-poms, but it's a minor quibble; it's not as though I wouldn't have the gloves on the hands most of the time anyway.

There are plenty of other revelations there that make me very happy, I must say, including the aforementioned double face. I'm also glad to see it looks as though the clown's cream pie apparently does indeed have a flat bottom; I was afraid it might have a small sticking out to be gripped in the hand, but I guess it instead has a "standard" element underside (tubes / holes). It also appears to be made of two discrete molded elements preassembled together, like minifigure torsos or the Woody and Jessie Toy Story minifigure heads, rather than simply a single piece with paint. And just look at that rich coppery finish on the murmillion's helmet! It actually looks as shiny as the renderings.

Man, this theme is just making mincemeat of my wallet.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I have some answers for the questions that appears with the images (here and in the comments in the flickr).

Tonight (GMT) I'll answer the flickr comments and, if I have time, the questions here too.

These photos come straight from a a photo album release by TLC on Facebook about 4 minutes ago.

Thought i'd share them due to their high quality. If they are too big let me know and ill delete the post! :blush:

254239_10150212557908403_6665038402_7316693_6025364_n.jpg253659_10150212557823403_6665038402_7316690_5283659_n.jpg248968_10150212557983403_6665038402_7316695_8215992_n.jpg248762_10150212558048403_6665038402_7316697_3160072_n.jpg248200_10150212558378403_6665038402_7316710_1401553_n.jpg

248733_10150212558978403_6665038402_7316719_446613_n.jpg253538_10150212559053403_6665038402_7316721_4015523_n.jpg251144_10150212559118403_6665038402_7316723_1004995_n.jpg253946_10150212559178403_6665038402_7316725_7640067_n.jpg247941_10150212559238403_6665038402_7316727_2869484_n.jpg260343_10150212559278403_6665038402_7316729_6649963_n.jpg247586_10150212559343403_6665038402_7316731_704836_n.jpg252928_10150212558348403_6665038402_7316709_8244445_n.jpg

Couldn't load Inuit, Luberjack and Zookeeper

A couple of them wont load for some reason so go to the Facebook page and see them yourself Click Here

Edited by legolooney

Those pictures aren't too big, they're perfect. Too bad they're computer renderings and not actual shots. Still, they look awesome!

The Cavegirl's looking sexy with that Medium Nougat torso shading. I hardly have any actual pieces in that color, but nevertheless I'm so incredibly happy it was added to TLG's current color palette, just on account of how great it is for minifigures. Compared to the torsos on recent figs like the Sumo Wrestler, Hula Dancer, and Cave Girl, older scantily-clad minifigure torsos like the original Slave Leia, the Surfer, and the Pharaoh look terrible. On the other hand, I'd love it if TLG would find some excuse to make a muscly male torso like the Surfer's with newer Medium Nougat printing (and without any accessories like the Boxer's belt). We want our beach scenes to have consistency, after all!

I'm a bit puzzled about the Dwarf's axe. In Comunidade 0937's photos, the axe, shield and helmet all looked to be Titanium Metallic (BL's Pearl Dark Gray in post-2010 sets), but the render makes the axe look like a more sparkly color. I hope the axe really does match, although even if it doesn't the dwarf will still probably be far better-designed than the Viking with his horribly mismatched metallic colors.

Can anyone tell if the Lizard Suit Guy's body is colored 37 Bright Green (BL's Bright Green) or 28 Dark Green (BL's Green)? The pics Comunidade 0937 took make his body look Bright Green (compared to the clown's obvious Dark Green legs), but in the official renders it's very vague.

On another note, I can't wait until the all the official names of these figs are released. Lizard Suit Guy's the one I'm least sure about, and I'm tired of alternating between names like Kaiju, Monster Suit Guy, and Lizard Suit Guy. The LEGO Facebook page calls him the Lizard Man, but it also has other names that I'm not very confident in-- for instance, Cleopatra and Sherlock seem awfully specific compared to past names, and Snowboarder is the same name that was used for the one in S3 (so far, none of the names on the Minifigures website have been recycled).

I love how the snowboard is printed with "48mm". I love little references like that reminding us that these are LEGO people and not just scaled-down human beings!

Edited by Aanchir

I have some answers for the questions that appears with the images (here and in the comments in the flickr).

Tonight (GMT) I'll answer the flickr comments and, if I have time, the questions here too.

Thanks! Although your photos answered a lot of my original questions, they've actually raised a few, too.

Is the cavegirl's hairpiece made of the same rubbery plastic as the punk rocker's and the mad scientist's? Also, can you definetely confirm that the boxer's gloves are attached, or is they can be removed?

And one last question, how did you manage to get your hands on these? :tongue:

Thanks in advance!

legolooney, thanks for posting a closer and high def pictures. Computer rendered or not, all the minifigs look great! My favorite is Cleopatra, but for army building I really like the newly designed dwarf. The gladiator would be a close third.

Is the cavegirl's hairpiece made of the same rubbery plastic as the punk rocker's and the mad scientist's? Also, can you definetely confirm that the boxer's gloves are attached, or is they can be removed?

It looks like the cave girl's head piece is made of hard plastic and the bone piece clips onto it.

And to the second question...

These photos come straight from a a photo album release by TLC on Facebook about 4 minutes ago

Edit: Fixed quotation syntax.

Edited by Donut

legolooney, thanks for posting a closer and high def pictures. Computer rendered or not, all the minifigs look great! My favorite is Cleopatra, but for army building I really like the newly designed dwarf. The gladiator would be a close third.

It looks like the cave girl's head piece is made of hard plastic and the bone piece clips onto it.

And to the second question...

Edit: Fixed quotation syntax.

Sorry, but yesterday i didn't have the time to do the answers.

About how I can get the minifigs, isn't secret. Jan presented the minifigs and the new 8110 unimog at Arte em Peças (a Comunidade 0937 event)

Thanks for the links! These pictures confirm quite a few things for me. It seems that the boxer's head is double sided, the zookeeper's hair is reddish brown (not dark brown), the detective's magnifying glass is a new colour, and the bags are light blue.

(...)

The boxer's head is doubled sided; the zookeeper's head is reddish brown; the magnifying glass is in dark bluish grey.

(...) I'm also glad to see it looks as though the clown's cream pie apparently does indeed have a flat bottom; I was afraid it might have a small sticking out to be gripped in the hand, but I guess it instead has a "standard" element underside (tubes / holes). It also appears to be made of two discrete molded elements preassembled together, like minifigure torsos or the Woody and Jessie Toy Story minifigure heads, rather than simply a single piece with paint. (...)

Humm, the cream pie it's a single element with the cream painted.

Also the botton isn't flat. Have a tube to put a stud, like the botton of a round brick 1x1.

(...)

I'm a bit puzzled about the Dwarf's axe. In Comunidade 0937's photos, the axe, shield and helmet all looked to be Titanium Metallic (BL's Pearl Dark Gray in post-2010 sets), but the render makes the axe look like a more sparkly color. I hope the axe really does match, although even if it doesn't the dwarf will still probably be far better-designed than the Viking with his horribly mismatched metallic colors.

I have to compare the colors with others parts.

Can anyone tell if the Lizard Suit Guy's body is colored 37 Bright Green (BL's Bright Green) or 28 Dark Green (BL's Green)? The pics Comunidade 0937 took make his body look Bright Green (compared to the clown's obvious Dark Green legs), but in the official renders it's very vague.

Bright green.

(...)

(...)

The cavegirl's hair is made of a material like the series four scientist, rubber;

Yes, the gloves are attached like the original hands. You can remove like the hands (the part of the element that goes inside de arm is equal);

Yes, the gloves are attached like the original hands. You can remove like the hands (the part of the element that goes inside de arm is equal);

I don't think that making integral gloves is a good thing, as it seriously limits the polyvalence of the part. Unless I'm mistaken, the diameter of the minifig hands' rod is only compatible with minifig arms? So the gloves can only be connected to minifig arms, and it won't be possible to use them with other types of arms/parts. I'm thinking Fabuland minifigs for example, or just using the gloves by themselves. They will be doomed to just lie around loosely in MOCs without any kind of solid connection. :sceptic: TLC definitely should have gone the way of the pompoms, even if it meant adding to the part count of this minifig.

I do understand why many dislike the attaching of the boxing gloves that much, but I myself appreciate it. I think it makes them look much more realistic IMO than if them were large enought to fit a minifig's hand in it. The incompatibility is certainly a big minus, but I still think I'm going to get myself one or two of the boxers.

I wonder what the animal on the dwarf's shield is meant to be. Doesn't seem like a dragon to me and I wouldn't consider a dwarf to have such an creature on his shield either. I'm not a castle fan anyway, but I still think that another crest like the one on the belt would fit much better.

Humm, the cream pie it's a single element with the cream painted.

Also the botton isn't flat. Have a tube to put a stud, like the botton of a round brick 1x1.

That's what I meant by flat; I should probably have said "flush" or some such thing - all I meant was that if you look at the pie from the side, you don't see something sticking out of the bottom, and if you set it down it lies flat, instead of sticking up at an angle like a top. I did mention having (a) tube(s) in the bottom, like a regular brick; I was just referring to it not having a handle.

In one of the photos there appeared to be a tiny seam between the "cream filling" and the "pie crust," which is what made me think it was assembled from two molded pieces.

Not being sure if they gave us an entire box.

The bags were distributed by members of the Community 0937, we are currently doing a tracking and distribution is:

The Royal Guard (*****)

The Eskimo (***)

The Boxer (***)

The Fitness Trainer (**)

The Gladiator (**)

The Gangster (***)

The Snowboarder (***)

The Dwarf (**)

The Zookeeper (***)

The Pie Clown (****)

The Detective (***)

The Lumberjack (***)

The Cavewoman (***)

The Dinosaur Suit Guy (****)

The Graduate (***)

Cleopatra (***)

(49/60)

Edited by LBaixinho

Not being sure if they gave us an entire box.

The bags were distributed by members of the Community 0937, we are currently doing a tracking and distribution is:

The Royal Guard (*****)

The Eskimo (***)

The Boxer (***)

The Fitness Trainer (**)

The Gladiator (**)

The Gangster (***)

The Snowboarder (***)

The Dwarf (**)

The Zookeeper (***)

The Pie Clown (****)

The Detective (***)

The Lumberjack (***)

The Cavewoman (***)

The Dinosaur Suit Guy (****)

The Graduate (***)

Cleopatra (***)

(49/60)

Of course the Gladiator and Dwarf are the rarest. Royal guard the most common though? Hmm.

Just looking over the pictures again, has anyone noticed that the Gangster's violin case looks as though it will actually open, like a normal LEGO suitcase.

What could fit in it though??

Of course the Gladiator and Dwarf are the rarest. Royal guard the most common though? Hmm.

Well, I guess that seals it. TLG really does want to make the high-demand army builders the rarest to create artificial rarity. That's the only explanation why that fitness trainer everybody loves would be one of the rarest figs. :hmpf:

Personally, though, it does bother me that there are three figs that are only two-to-a-box. Generally before it was a lot more balanced-- there were only a couple instances of figs being two-to-a-box, and at least once this was later amended to balance out the distribution better. This time it seems like TLG honestly didn't even try to go for a balanced distribution, and that disappoints me.

Just looking over the pictures again, has anyone noticed that the Gangster's violin case looks as though it will actually open, like a normal LEGO suitcase.

His gun, of course. That's the reason he has a violin case at all! It was a sneaky way American gangsters used to carry firearms covertly.

His gun, of course. That's the reason he has a violin case at all! It was a sneaky way American gangsters used to carry firearms covertly.

maybe the sub-machine guns in the Indiana Jones series can fit it. it will look more appropriate than sticking a pistol/revolver in there.

Personally, though, it does bother me that there are three figs that are only two-to-a-box. Generally before it was a lot more balanced-- there were only a couple instances of figs being two-to-a-box, and at least once this was later amended to balance out the distribution better. This time it seems like TLG honestly didn't even try to go for a balanced distribution, and that disappoints me.

It's a bit early to be disappointed, but perhaps time for a bit more careful reading. The original poster said he was not sure they had a complete box. When I add up the figures in the distribution I get 50, and the post says 49/60. Before we go accusing TLG of unholy acts why don't we wait and see what's in a full sealed box. In the past they have mostly had 3 full sets, and I think the early lack of fishermen was probably due to production problems, had it been intentional why did they change it later?

The gun that cames with the gangster fit in it.

As I said before, I don't have the sure that all the minifigs cames from a box.