eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

Anyone notice the confidential watermark? :grin:

Here's the link.

Click here for the Series Five Picture!

Anyway, I love the Buckingham Palace Guard! I was wishing they sold one in LEGO a week ago. The rest is amazing too! I do dislike seeing Series Five pictures when I just got Series Three and Four is still on the way.

Oh my!!! That boxer is just like I had pictured him to be. Thank you so much LEGO! The british guard was one of my request too, so this makes me doubly happy.

I have a feeling the dwarf will be highly sought after as he will the perfect companion for the series 3 elf. As will the gladiator!!

Too bad we don't see more of the cave woman but I love the idea of releasing female counter parts to previously released male figs. Keep it going!

Is the egyptian women a snake charmer?

The only fig that seems kind of boring to me is the sherlock homes guy... but I know I'll probably get him anyway as I've been getting them all since series 1, why stop now :D

The background seems to confirmed purple bags for series 5!

With the introduction of the Royal Guard and Sherlock Holmes, Lego has created the last of the figures I wanted to see in the Collectible Minifigure Series. (The Musketeer, Artist and Geisha in Series 4 were also on my list of "must-make" figures.)

Is the egyptian women a snake charmer?

I think she is Cleopatra. Cleopatra was killed by a snake bite...

Speaking of female equivalents, I'd love to see female versions of:

The forestman.

The cowboy.

The musketeer.

The spaceman.

The robot.

The magician. (Zatanna?)

The disco dude.

The explorer.

Actually... everything. And male versions of female figs, too...

Is that a bowler hat the clown is wearing? God I hope they release one in green so I can finally make a proper suited up Riddler :wub:

There're still a few guys left on my wanted list but the boxer, Godzilla and royal guard can now be chalked off. Hopefully Godzilla will have a tail piece. And I hope the boxing gloves aren't ridiculously large, they seem alright.

I do wish they hadn't made him so obviously a costume. Swapping out the actor's head for the giant mouth from Atlantis' hammerhead sharkman will probably fix that right up. I wonder if Godzilla counts as the Japanese entry for this series?

And what other costumes might they do? Panda? Horse (that could be a two-parter)? The Fool from Wicker Man? Gary the No Trash Cougar? The possibilities are endless (well, actually, they probably ended back at Panda).

Anyhow, back to this series. I like the Cleopatra. Keep those Egyptian guys coming. Gladiator, he looks okay, but is that a new sword he's got?

Interesting preview! I suppose there are only 9 minifigs because it's a preview, not because future series will have fewer than 16 different minifigs? Anyway, I like the idea of fleshing out previously introduced 'themes', like the cavewoman completes the caveman, the Godzilla suit goes well with the King Kong one, the Egyptian woman after we got a pharaoh... In my opinion a different type of clown wasn't really necessary, but the pie is a welcome addition to the limited variety of Lego foods! Can't wait for more details on this new series.

Another clown was needed imho , because in the main clown routines there are usually two of them and the new one compliments the old one.

I am hoping that there are only nine because that's the new number. Even though I would be very disappointed at no sci-fi goodies in this series, series 2 was supposed to be the exception :).

It looks like godzilla does indeed have tail, I would guess an extension of his mask. New rifle of the Guard, I hope the dwarf's beard gives us the beard previously only seen in orange in brown or black. Also egypt woman's face will make some exceptional drag queen figures =P

I have a feeling the dwarf will be highly sought after as he will the perfect companion for the series 3 elf. As will the gladiator!!

I'd think that the dwarf will be one of the unpopular ones, since Lego just had a Dwarf theme a few years ago. Same goes with the Viking in Series 4.

EXCITING!! Very exciting!

My thoughts, clockwise from top left:

1. Egyptian Woman-- Kinda hard to see a lot of detail on her. Looks like a new hair mold, though, which is always a good thing.
  2. Gladiator-- still early to really give a good judgement here, but it looks like a winner. Likely several new accessories.
  3. "Detective"-- this Sherlock Holmes clone is something I suggested very early on, and they do not disappoint. Figured we wouldn't get the pipe, but the hat seems to be spot-on.
  4. CaveWoman-- Perfect compliment to our lad from Series 1, and the hair looks like it's straight outta the Flintstones. Seems like she's holding something-- what is it?
  5. Royal Guard-- Outstanding, and possibly my favorite of all of them. The hat looks great, the face compliments it nicely, and I'm sure we'll have a very elaborate torso print to match. Great figure!
  6. Little Clown-- probably my least favorite of the 9-- but he'll probably look great next to our other clown. The new hat is a nice touch. I've noticed that while the Series 1 clown has a yellow head with a painted face, this guy's entire head is white. Overachiever with the powdered makeup, perhaps?
  7. Lizard Suit Guy-- Awesome! Great design, great consistency, and I can't wait to see updated pics!
  8. Boxer-- Absolutely fantastic! Love the accessories and the face looks great-- is that a mouthpiece we're being led to believe?
  9. Dwarf-- Let the army building commence... what the heck is on his shield?

That leaves 7 more-- wonder what they'll be?

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

I'll wait until the other figures are confirmed before making observations/predictions about popularity, but I think the ratios will be a greater factor this time. Would be interesting to see which ones will be least common. And I hope the UK gets them first!

As for the other seven... how about a drummer, a BMXer, a ballerina, perhaps a cowgirl?

I'm glad the boxer has decent gloves on. Lego did a great job with those! The helmet is a nice touch too but having another matching figure in future with a blue one so they can compete would be cool.

The Royal Guard is most welcome as well. I have been hoping for these since they had pictures of them promoting Legoland Windsor being opened in the early 90s though the hat looks slightly too tall.

The mini-clown looks odd but I'm hoping the bowler hat gets realeased in black too for an old English city gent in pinstripe suit or a Charlie Chaplin figure!

The Cleopatra figure does look a bit like a drag queen - I would have thought the Irina Spalko hair would have been a better bet for the hairpiece.

Cavewoman and Sherlock look good but don't really get the Godzilla one. Looking forward to seeing the remaining 7 figures though. Hopefully Lego will start to introduce more muscial instruments and I would imagine Series 5 will have another sports person. I'm hoping for some more everyday City-compatible figs too!

Edited by lifeinplastic

I'm pretty sure it's a gladiator with a helmet like this:

papo_Gladiator.jpg

Heh, that's funny, because I'm pretty sure it's a conquistador. :-) I can't wait to see better pictures (of all of them)!

Edited by Edmond Dantes

The inclusion of another clown in this series automatically raises this above series 4. I'll be picking two of him up: 1 to add to the collection and 1 to modify into another Joker henchman. default_laugh_new.gif

Personally, I don't mind if we have smaller series sizes. It'll allow the line to run longer and it'll be easier to find the minifigs you're looking for!

YES! Dwarf! :D Thank you LEGO! And screw you scalpers!

Also, that'd be cool if they reduced the amount of figs to 8, and distributed them evenly in the boxes.

Edited by DrNightmare

Unless one of the unrevealed figs is really kick-butt, I think I've found my must have of this series. Sherlock looks great with his cool deerstalker hat. Can't wait for better pictures of him, perhaps with a good shot of his face and torso. Darn you Lego for being so good at you do! This will totally ruin my budget.

Re: the theory that they might reduce the number, I think all of the series so far have had this kind of 'group shot' with only half of the minifigs visible. This isn't anything new, and certainly not a portent that they are reducing the size.

I'm holding a bag of Series 3 right now and it only has nine of the minifigs pictured on it.

Anyway, why would you want them to reduce the size? The more the merrier, I say.

Edited by David Thomsen

Re: the theory that they might reduce the number, I think all of the series so far have had this kind of 'group shot' with only half of the minifigs visible. This isn't anything new, and certainly not a portent that they are reducing the size.

I'm holding a bag of Series 3 right now and it only has nine of the minifigs pictured on it.

Anyway, why would you want them to reduce the size? The more the merrier, I say.

To be verified but I think every single series had a shot of only 9 figs displayed on the bag.

And I agree that the more the merrier and the best chance for anyone to find a favorite :)

I just want the figures to be packed evenly, really. 16 per wave is fine with me, I don't need to collect all of them anyway.

I'm tired of arguing with the fat guys looking for shortpacked minifigs. I gotta pay $4 for a minifig, and then I still have to buy a box of donuts every trip to distract those jerks? It's getting expensive! :tongue:

Edited by DrNightmare

Anyone notice the confidential watermark? :grin:

Here's the link.

Click here for the Series Five Picture!

Anyway, I love the Buckingham Palace Guard! I was wishing they sold one in LEGO a week ago. The rest is amazing too! I do dislike seeing Series Five pictures when I just got Series Three and Four is still on the way.

Thanks so much for the picture! What catalogue's it from? Anyway,the Cleopatra fig looks amazing. I also love that pie, and the cavewoman's pink hairpiece! Although I love both the females, I hope they're not the only two. I dont like the dwarf at all. He's just like the ones from the castle theme. I like the Royal Guard, his hat's great. Godzilla looks very nice, too.

Also, is this really going to be the last series? I heard it somewhere, and I'm worried that it may be true. :cry_sad:

Edited by Gregorovich