eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

seems to me the 'girl with radio' is a step aerobics exercise teacher. surely only an aerobics teacher could wear such a hideous ensemble? I know a lot of dancers and none of them would be seen dead wearing that outfit. :laugh:

That mini-fig, with her leg warmers and headband and pink boombox, is right out of the '80s. I like to think that she's listening to Kenny Loggins' "Footloose" on her boombox.

God help us all when 80's fashion inevitably comes back into style. I wonder if I still have my parachute pants ...

seems to me the 'girl with radio' is a step aerobics exercise teacher. surely only an aerobics teacher could wear such a hideous ensemble? I know a lot of dancers and none of them would be seen dead wearing that outfit. :laugh:

Yeah well that was how they supposedly dressed in the 80's :laugh:. The minifig looks ok. And the boom box was a nice addition to it.

And Ogre, sorry my wording was so unclear. The product I'm referring to is basically a clock like this one, except instead of a stormtrooper it's a non-licensed female minifigure with a pink shirt (222 Light Purple/Bricklink's Bright Pink) and lavender pants (324 Medium Lavender). "Extended Line" just means that it's a LEGO-brand product that isn't an actual set-- in other words, basically anything that's classified as "Gear" on Bricklink would be considered "extended-line".

Ahh! Much clearer. Thanks for explaining. :classic:

The dinosuit guy can pair up with the gorilla suit guy.

The eskimo can team up with fisherman from series 3 and lawne gnome from series 4.

Caveman finally have a wife.

The gladiator can pair up with the roman spartan.

The fitness dancer looks like the series 2 singer.

I think there is a really nice variation of accessories for series 5, but i can only see myself wanting the lumberjack and an extra axe really.

Series 5 in my opinion is very unique than other series 1 to 4. The lumberjack and gladiator is very unique. The dinosuit guy with a tail is special too.

isn't it time that we know something about series 6? :) even something small? :))

The dinosuit guy can pair up with the gorilla suit guy.

I'm working on a film studio MOC :classic:

I love all these classic movie monsters.... I would do something for the series 4 contest, but there's no way I can fit it on an 8x8.

isn't it time that we know something about series 6? :) even something small? :))

There were some rumors on Brickipedia, but they were removed. The LEGO Bin (on my signature) posted some from the page, but not all. :hmpf_bad:

I want to buy full set of LEGO series 5 because I want to put some figurines on my modular buildings street. The Dinosuit guy can be a mascot of Grand emporium together with the gorilla suit guy.

Can also put the detective in my modular street. I will be putting the Lumberjack of course without axe in my street too.

Series one clown and the series 5 short clown without the pie. I will be putting the series 2 singer without the mike there. Gangster from series 5 can put in street too without violin case and the pistol.

Initially I dowan to buy series 5 but changed my mind.

There were some rumors on Brickipedia, but they were removed. The LEGO Bin (on my signature) posted some from the page, but not all. :hmpf_bad:

I think that they were an April Fool's day joke on The Brother's-Brick. Also, LEGO would never make a homeless person minifigure. I hope they never do, because IMO it would be rather sad and even offensive to certain people.

Can't believe there's no news on these!

In the LEGO Club magazine there is a puzzle including them, and the latter says 'we're indroducing the latest gang of Minifigures' - could that mean that the release is imminent? Next magazine is out in September so i'm guessing it's any time now.

It's odd how we haven't had anything on series 6 either. I remember being almost 2 series behind and now it looks like everythings caught up.

Can't believe there's no news on these!

They are due in August according to the Australian dealer catalog. We got the earlier series about a month later than the US so my guess is they'll show up in the US sometime in July.

It's odd how we haven't had anything on series 6 either. I remember being almost 2 series behind and now it looks like everythings caught up.

I know what you mean. Series 4 was coming very soon after three had been released and we had seen all the figs of those series when neither had been released and now we wait for a rather long time for series 5, knowing nothing about 6. Also there's still a lot of unsold figs of two, three and four out there, I got my 4 Spartans long time after the actual wave had been out, the diofferent series are cumulating in my store and I doubt two will be sold out until 5 comes out...

My younger brother received the summer edition of the LEGO Club magazine today, and I decided to have a quick flick through it. Inside was a game related to the Series 5 Minifigures. There was pictures of the minifigures in new poses, but something that caught my eye was that the boxer had a new face. It was a beaten up face, with a black eye and a worried expression. I think that this is could be final, and not just for the picture, seeing as the rest of them had the same expression, including the Clown who was being clobbered by the Cavewoman. I'll try and upload a photo, but my Flickr doesn't seem to be working.

but something that caught my eye was that the boxer had a new face. It was a beaten up face, with a black eye and a worried expression. I think that this is could be final

Double sided face printing? Hidden by the boxers helmet

Double sided face printing? Hidden by the boxers helmet

I'm not sure. None of the other CMs have had dual sided heads, so I don't think it's likely. I think he'll have one or the other, not both. However, I hope you're right, and that more of these end up with double sided heads. It's not impossible, is it?

I'm not sure. None of the other CMs have had dual sided heads, so I don't think it's likely. I think he'll have one or the other, not both. However, I hope you're right, and that more of these end up with double sided heads. It's not impossible, is it?

Dunno about the likelihood, maybe not very high, but I don't see any reason for it to be impossible. :classic: If I remember correctly, the first series or two didn't yet have any figs with backprinting, for example? So CMFs are sometimes evolving and taking new steps. Honestly, I was already waiting for a dual-sided head to appear on the radiation worker of the last series, especially with the sly remark on official "biography". Black-eyed and beaten sounds a bit downbeat to be a good seller - and the boxer is on the very front of the advertisement pictures that we've seen.

According to the pictures below, thats proof that the boxer comes with a dual printed head.

Figure LBaixinho's information from the events forum is worthy of a repost, detailed pictures of Series 5 are up in Comunidade 0937's Flickr stream. Thanks for these! :wub:

Thanks for these pictures, clears up alot of questions.

Thanks for the link Quarry! :sweet:

The majority of the figs look fantastic - so much detail on them. :thumbup: I too noticed the double sided head and the gloves and I think that it's a cool idea. The Dwarf has a great looking torso and shield and I can't wait to get my hands on Paul Bunyan's axe.

Thanks for finding these great pics, Quarry! :thumbup:

After seeing these pictures, the only figures I'm still not fond of are the Dwarf and the Dance Instructor(?). The rest look incredible, and I can already see so many creative uses for the new parts and prints! :sweet:

Figure LBaixinho's information from the events forum is worthy of a repost, detailed pictures of Series 5 are up in Comunidade 0937's Flickr stream. Thanks for these! :wub:

Thanks for the links! These pictures confirm quite a few things for me. It seems that the boxer's head is double sided, the zookeeper's hair is reddish brown (not dark brown), the detective's magnifying glass is a new colour, and the bags are light blue.

I'm quite happy about most of these things. I think it would have been better if the bags were a more significantly different colour (like red, purple or pink), but that hardly matters.

I hope that seeing how the boxer's head is double sided, that more figures will have two expressions in future series.

Thanks again!

Edited by Gregorovich