eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

This is my favorite series :wub: the small clown,murmillo,dwarf,are fantastic :thumbup:

I hope I don't sound like an idiot, but what's a murmillo???

Anyway, I love the Graduate, the clown, the Cavewoman, Cleopatra, the Dino-Suit Guy, and the Lumberjack. I think overall, this series is alright. Just a few figs I'm not crazy about, but most of the figs I LOVE! :classic:

It was a specific type of gladiator. There was half a dozen or so mainstream disciplines.

I think the theory is that if everybody calls him "Murmillo" instead of "Gladiator" then TLG will be pressurized into making the other kinds.

It was a specific type of gladiator. There was half a dozen or so mainstream disciplines.

I think the theory is that if everybody calls him "Murmillo" instead of "Gladiator" then TLG will be pressurized into making the other kinds.

Indeed. Now if only more people would also do the same with the S2 Maraca Man, whom most people around here refer to simply as the "Mexican," which is an awful heck of a lot more general than "Gladiator." He's not even the first (presumably) Mexican figure in the line - do people not remember the luchador (Super Wrestler) from S1?

I think we can call him Jim for all they care and it won't change their marketing strategy. :wink:

murmillo_1m.jpg

Ok, thanks! I was a bit corn-fused! :laugh:

That would be pretty awesome. As we already got the Spartian Warrior and now getting the Murmillo... if TLG continuous making those I would be more than happy.

I don't even know how they all are called, but I love to see them Legolized :wink:

I think we can call him Jim for all they care and it won't change their marketing strategy. :wink:

:laugh: Gotta agree with that. TLG won't really care how we call figs. But I must say, more different gladiators would be cool, although I would prefer legionaires or senators for more gladiators. I think, Rome is ways too large for TLG to make only figs of one kind. And you have to think of the children. I'm don'tt think they will care for historically accourance when doing gladiator fights, so they won't need more than a few murmillos. :wink:

I'd definitely love to see Roman senators down the line. And a Ceasar, obviously. Apart from Castle, every time TLG goes near a historical theme - Pharaoh's Quest, NinjaGo, Atlantis - they've "tainted" it with a heavy action skew. I wouldn't trust a mainstream theme with doing Rome justice, but a nice minifigure in every series or two would be perfect.

I'd definitely love to see Roman senators down the line. And a Ceasar, obviously. Apart from Castle, every time TLG goes near a historical theme - Pharaoh's Quest, NinjaGo, Atlantis - they've "tainted" it with a heavy action skew. I wouldn't trust a mainstream theme with doing Rome justice, but a nice minifigure in every series or two would be perfect.

Uh, you're right about that. I wouldn't like an over-mythological Roman or Greek theme.

Uh, you're right about that. I wouldn't like an over-mythological Roman or Greek theme.

Roman theme won't be mythological as their history is full of enough struggles and tales. Greek history on the other hand is somewhat obscure for most people and as far as heroes and warfare are concerned the mythology there shines brighter.

So if more Romans are released they will be historic, while the Greeks may take after mythology. (Imagine, Medusa, Zeus or Hercules as a collectible!)

I think that's exactly what TLG wants to market to kids. It would be a Titans vs. populace theme where evil mythological creatures are terrorizing the citizens, and we have a Greek God hero fighting it.

-Hades realm

-Harpie battle

-icarus flight

-touch of gold

-hydra

-colosseum

-

stuff from Disney Hercules.

back on topic...

I want a minifigure on a magenta pogo-stick!

Edited by Geki Brick

It looks like S1 is the only series with figures that don't have a hairpiece of some kind - just some random off-topic trivia to make myself look knowledgeable.

Anyway, having picked up S4 already I can honestly say I was more excited about it than S5 - although I still want the lizard guy and the graduate. Maybe that will change.

It looks like S1 is the only series with figures that don't have a hairpiece of some kind - just some random off-topic trivia to make myself look knowledgeable.

Anyway, having picked up S4 already I can honestly say I was more excited about it than S5 - although I still want the lizard guy and the graduate. Maybe that will change.

Sorry, but the S3 Mummy has no hairpiece either. :wink:

About the Gladiator, since when does LEGO shoot for historical accuracy? :wacko:

I would love to see a Mini Grim Reaper. I may make a custom if I get around to it, all the parts exist currently.

Cowll : Star Wars - Palpatine hood

Head : Skeleton face

Body : Simple black, maybe some tatters

Legs : Once again, black

Accessory : Ninjago Bone scythe

I would take that for 2.99 :D

I think that's exactly what TLG wants to market to kids. It would be a Titans vs. populace theme where evil mythological creatures are terrorizing the citizens, and we have a Greek God hero fighting it.

-Hades realm

-Harpie battle

-Icarus flight

-touch of gold

-hydra

-Colosseum

Let's hope you're right for the same of the incredible pieces and accessories such a theme will bring! :wub:

As for S1 figures not having any hair pieces, we had the cheerleader, the nurse, the clown, the caveman, the skater, and I might be wrong on this one only because I don't have him so I can't check, but the tribal hunter looks like he has a hair piece also with a bandanna that holds a feather.

As for S1 figures not having any hair pieces, we had the cheerleader, the nurse, the clown, the caveman, the skater, and I might be wrong on this one only because I don't have him so I can't check, but the tribal hunter looks like he has a hair piece also with a bandanna that holds a feather.

I believe Silent Mode was inferring that Series 1 was the only series that had some figures without hairpieces/hats. Series 1 also had the wrestler, the zombie and the crash test dummy. Every figure in Series 2 and Series 4 had some type of headgear but as was mentioned above, the Mummy from Series 3 was also 'hatless'. Every figure in Series 5 also has some form of headgear.

I believe Silent Mode was inferring that Series 1 was the only series that had some figures without hairpieces/hats. Series 1 also had the wrestler, the zombie and the crash test dummy. Every figure in Series 2 and Series 4 had some type of headgear but as was mentioned above, the Mummy from Series 3 was also 'hatless'. Every figure in Series 5 also has some form of headgear.

Would the alien in S3 count?

Would the alien in S3 count?

If the alien was to come with a hair piece/hat how would you attatch it?

So on that note I'm guessing he does not count :wink:

If the alien was to come with a hair piece/hat how would you attatch it?

To his hand. Or his raygun. Or his leg, if the hairpiece / hat has a stud of its own.

So on that note I'm guessing he does not count :wink:

So (s)he does come with a hat, then? Drat - mine are missing parts!

:tongue: