eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

I've seen them yesterday here in Finland.

I haven't been checking the Lego shelves for several weeks so I cannot say when they arrived, but at least the boxes in the shop yesterday were half emptied already.

Oddly enough, I didn't think of checking the price to see if it's been increased... :blush:

I haven't been checking the Lego shelves for several weeks so I cannot say when they arrived, but at least the boxes in the shop yesterday were half emptied already.

Oddly enough, I didn't think of checking the price to see if it's been increased... :blush:

I saw them first on the August 2. They've been €1.90 on both Prisma automarkets I've happened to visit, so the price hasn't hiked up - at least not in all places. According to the new catalogue the official price is still €2.20.

Within the next week or two I'll be out $213.45

Why do you pay so much when you can get them for $160 shipped in a few weeks.

By the way, for all you who live in the US, I'm out of complete series', but I still have a lot of series 5 left for sale on eBay and BL.

What state do you live in, and what store did you get the minifig from? And yes, the Gladiator= :wub_drool:

I traded for one and just got him. Sadly, I haven't found them in stores yet.

someone spotted them in the netherlands? so far I have found nothing.

Nope, according to my local Bart Smit contact LEGO can't even give the date when they will arrive. It's all unclear. But the online stores have received their boxes, so you might find them there...

If anyone from the U.K lives in Hull the Tesco on Beverley Road has 2 boxes in (they had 3 but I bought 1 :)

I think they have put them out early because they had to ring them through as series 4 as they didn't have the series 5 codes.

I'm starting to think that those batch numbers aren't really indicating different dot codes. We're collecting all the codes we can find over at the Better Than Tomorrow blog:

http://blog.betterthantomorrow.com/2011/08/05/lego-minifigures-series-5-the-codes/

So far we have confirmed two different bump codes for the Gangster, and identical codes for the Boxer even with different "batch numbers".

All help in this code collecting is highly appreciated, of course!

I followed the Batch (lot) codes for series 3 & 4 in comparison to the dot (bump) codes, what I saw was, if the dots codes changed the batch codes changed. If the batch codes changed, the dot codes COULD change but didn't have to change, that is it was possible to have a batch code change with none or a small number of dot code changes. I personally gave up trying the read the dot codes as I had accuracy issues and reverted back to feeling the parts (or in a couple of cases shoveling discounted 'figs into the hand basket). Even then I'd delude myself on some of the ones I had done the feeling method, after 10-15 minutes I'd get impatient... In regards to the discounted ones any I need to confirm I'll just open :) I do recall seeing the same batch codes from different boxes and even retailers, or in some cases having multiple batch codes in the selection (but for both series 3 and 4 I didn't pick any fray sealed cases or even the tray packs, they all had been shuffled/randomized).

I'm getting anxious to see series 5 locally actually.

I got an associate to check the Series 5 UPC at my local TRU today. She said their computer lists 140 minifigures on the way. The hunt begins! :grin:

I got an associate to check the Series 5 UPC at my local TRU today. She said their computer lists 140 minifigures on the way. The hunt begins! :grin:

140? Are they putting 70 to a box instead of 60, now, or are they shipping them in different assortment sizes (to go with those new hanging cardboard dispensers), or what?

Has anyone read the bios for the Series 5 minifigs? I got a real kick out of the Gangster's bio...LEGO CITY is just chock full of police stations. Nice to see TLG poking a little fun at itself.

I'm starting to think that those batch numbers aren't really indicating different dot codes. We're collecting all the codes we can find over at the Better Than Tomorrow blog:

http://blog.betterth...es-5-the-codes/

So far we have confirmed two different bump codes for the Gangster, and identical codes for the Boxer even with different "batch numbers".

All help in this code collecting is highly appreciated, of course!

Thanks!

I checked out your codes against the first 3 minifigs I got (in Finland): Lizardman, Cavewoman and Gladiator and they match exactly.

Once again the "rarity score" of the minifigs are nonsense to me. They don't seem to match neither the "usefulness" (i.e. in multiple copies) of the minifigs, their "cool factor" (but that can be highly subjective) an neither their presumed quality/cost.

Edited by Legoist

Word has it they have hit the US. A poster on Brickset said he found Series 5 in New Jersey Thursday.

Thread can be found here.

Yay! I'm loving Series 5. Can't wait to get my grubby little paws on a Gladiator! :cry_happy:

Edited by K-nut

140? Are they putting 70 to a box instead of 60, now, or are they shipping them in different assortment sizes (to go with those new hanging cardboard dispensers), or what?

No clue, but for a slight update, I wouldn't take her word too heavily. She tried to tell me the Bowser K'Nex set I was looking for was with the random Mario display in electronics, when it clearly wasn't there. I ended up finding it on the normal K'Nex aisle. I think she was pretty new and slightly confused, so I'm just gonna assume she meant two boxes of Series 5 are on their way. :tongue:

They're already all over the London area. They're selling them in GAME, for Fett's sake :hmpf: TRU has them; I haven't seen them in WH Smith yet. Most larger toy chains have them.

I keep checking and getting the same blank map. Has anyone posted any updates on it?

Got the first one added a little bit ago. It turns out I forgot to check the box to let others edit... Whoops :)

I haven't seen them anywhere in my little corner of the US yet, and the US Shop at Home doesn't have them yet. I imagine that will change any day now, though.

:classic:

Stopped in Five Below in Butler, PA, USA today looking for Transformers and found this wonderful surprise instead!

http://i54.tinypic.com/9zq87a.jpg

I got some looks because I was standing there so long feeling them all up, but it seemed as though no one had bought any from this box yet. Located all three Gladiators and Dwarves at least.

Check out your local Five Belows!

Edited by Rufus
Picture size

Stopped in Five Below in Butler, PA, USA today looking for Transformers and found this wonderful surprise instead!

Sorry, Tytus, I had to convert your picture to a link. 800x600 pixels is the maximum size allowed on Eurobricks. If you resize the picture, feel free to edit your post to put the smaller picture in.

And Welcome to EB!