eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

I've seen people ask but no answers. Any set date on a U.S release yet? Seems like every other country has them now. I need to learn to have some patience I guess.

Toys R Us has a pre order ship date of 8/16/11

Has anyone noticed that there appears to be different sets of bump codes on the bottom of the packs. There are alpha-numeric codes (also on the bottom of the packs) that seem to identify which set the bump codes belong to. So far I've encountered "216B1" and "618B1" sets.

It is even worse, this time. Within one batch sent to me (from a shop in Czech Republic) I found two different codes: "120B1" and "319B1" sets.

If anyone is interested, I have extras of the Boxer (1), Detective (1) and Fitness Instructor (2).

Still looking for;

Graduate

Cavewoman

Godzilla

Zoo Keeper

Woodcutter

Dwarves Warrior

Pharaoh Queen

Mafia Gangster

Snowboarder

Trading should be done in the Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds Forum. But you'll need to make nine more posts before you can use it. I'd suggest you start by introducing yourself in the Hello My Name Is Forum.

It is even worse, this time. Within one batch sent to me (from a shop in Czech Republic) I found two different codes: "120B1" and "319B1" sets.

For s3 and s4, they had a similar system. The widely distributed dot sheet was valid for quite a while, but then people were seeing different patterns with a different printed code. I've been wondering if Lego might get more aggressive with mixing it up, and it sounds like they may just be doing that.

I had used the dot codes as a secondary tier of indentification. I would identify by feel and then go to the barcodes if I needed a "tie breaker" or as additional verification that I had it identified. It's nice to have when you're like me and only want one of each figure - I return most duplicates to the store for money back.

I found dots to be really useless. It is very hard to see them and easy to misinterpret them. On the other hand, feeling the contents of the bags is very easy once you see a good picture of the figures in the series.

Back in series 4. I tried to use dots to get hazmats and ketp getting artists :tongue: . Then I started feeling the contents of the bags and it was fairly quick and easy. I now have four hazmats.

Edited by vexorian

As always, the bios are hilarious. As always, there are some great LEGO references. One that got me to laugh out loud was the Gangster's bio: "The problem with being a no-good criminal in LEGO CITY is that the place is just chock full of police stations." Ain't that the truth! Although from a realistic perspective, in LEGO City he shouldn't have much trouble keeping out of jail when he's the most heavily-armed guy around. :tongue:

Oh, goodness, that's hysterical. :laugh: Given that bio, I have to assume they're now starting to keep AFOLs in mind when dreaming these up.

Haha Spoilers!

From Eskimo Bio:

And once, after three long months of sitting and waiting through the cold Arctic winter, he even fished up a magic lamp with a wish-granting genie. (The first thing he wished for? A warmer coat!)

The Cave woman bio is so funny!

I've seen a couple of the bios... going by suspected hints I would guess a Professor and maybe even a boxing kangaroo might emerge. (A kangaroo would be possible given the lizard guy's tail, but then again there are the legs.)

I just started reading through the bios, and my favorite bit is the Lumberjack's quote: "I'm okay!" :laugh:

My twin brother asked the brand manager of the LEGO Minifigures about the bios during a Q&A session at Brickfair two days ago. Apparently, the bios are written by Daniel Lipkowitz, who has done a lot of work for TLG. He wrote several Exo-Force novels as well as Dorling Kindersly's "The LEGO Book", and he clearly knows his stuff about a lot of LEGO themes.

Within the next week or two I'll be out $213.45, since that is the price I get on a box of series 5 shipped. Since I ordered a sealed box of series 4, I'll never buy these any other way.

To being broke due to LEGO :drunk:

Does anyone know when the figgies should start popping up in the US? I'm STILL trying to find series 5 on BL but the only inexpensive ones have shipping that can pile up fast, aren't id'ed, or there's nothing else I want to buy that'd make the shipping price worth it.

Does anyone know when the figgies should start popping up in the US? I'm STILL trying to find series 5 on BL but the only inexpensive ones have shipping that can pile up fast, aren't id'ed, or there's nothing else I want to buy that'd make the shipping price worth it.

I would expect to see them before the end of August. All the online places you can order from say they will ship in August, but no specific date.

I just started reading through the bios, and my favorite bit is the Lumberjack's quote: "I'm okay!" :laugh:

Haha, that's excellent!! :laugh:

At $64 a full, sealed collection, including shipping, I'm undecided on the future of my collectible minifigs. Of course, I love them! And considering all licensed figs are so much more expensive than these guys, they're a very good deal. I enjoy so much taking out my series 1-4 figs and seeing the colorful bunch... I guess I'll just have to find a way to make more money for these guys! :)

I'm starting to think that those batch numbers aren't really indicating different dot codes. We're collecting all the codes we can find over at the Better Than Tomorrow blog:

http://blog.betterthantomorrow.com/2011/08/05/lego-minifigures-series-5-the-codes/

So far we have confirmed two different bump codes for the Gangster, and identical codes for the Boxer even with different "batch numbers".

All help in this code collecting is highly appreciated, of course!

Starting to get antsy, only 8 days till the TRU Pre Sale ship date!

Stay on target, Red Five...

Honestly, if I had to guess, I'd bet we see them stateside in TRU by Thursday. Question is, what region?

Well I just got my first Series 5 minifigure! I really think that the Gladiator is one of the best ones in the Series. Then again, I only have him..... I can't wait to get more!

Well I just got my first Series 5 minifigure! I really think that the Gladiator is one of the best ones in the Series. Then again, I only have him..... I can't wait to get more!

What state do you live in, and what store did you get the minifig from? And yes, the Gladiator= :wub_drool:

Based on what we've seen, I don't think we need to scramble quite so madly for these (unless we're intent on getting absolutely as many as possible of one or more specific figures). Series 1 and 2 may have been scarce, but from Series 3 on they appear to have been quite plentiful, which fits with what we've been told of how TLG was caught off guard by the demand for the first series and ramped up production beginning with Series 3. From that point on, I think we should be reasonably certain of having a few months to get all the ones we want in stores; we don't need to worry about getting every single one within the first 24 hours they hit our local shop.