eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

Try WH Smiths, I found them at the Westfield branch earlier tonight (ask at the till).

Found them in WHSmiths in Hertford. Bought 5, all different, I got

Boxer

Zoo Keeper

Gangster

Clown

Royal Guard

Not a bad haul

D

I just recently got back into Lego so I had no idea these existed. Now I am upset I missed some of the earlier series. But some of these definitely look neat!

I picked up a case yesterday from my local Lego dealer. I haven't opened it yet, kinda saving it for a rainy day hah. Sorry to hear that so many of you can't find them. I'll have spares at least, for those that are missing out ;)

I picked up a case yesterday from my local Lego dealer. I haven't opened it yet, kinda saving it for a rainy day hah. Sorry to hear that so many of you can't find them. I'll have spares at least, for those that are missing out ;)

Is it cheaper to buy a full case rather than buying 60 packets individually?

Not from this store, but I assume the stores pay less than they sell it for, and I can totally picture the store that would give discount.

Then again, I can totally picture the store that would turn you down, for buying too many toys intended for kids. I think stores have no problems getting rid of the minifigs at the normal price.

I just recently got back into Lego so I had no idea these existed. Now I am upset I missed some of the earlier series. But some of these definitely look neat!

Look in the CMF trading portal thread... pick up some extra series 5 and you can trade yourself into some of the older ones perhaps.

Edit: link to thread.

Edited by fred67

I can find a whole mess load on BL, but none are in the requirements i need: Pre-id'd zookeeper AND aerobics girl, price at or below retail, good shipping costs, and good stuff in the minifigure section so I can score a few extra things. Best I can get is 2/4. I wish lego would hurry up and release the figgies in the states then maybe I can score something!

I wish lego would hurry up and release the figgies in the states then maybe I can score something!

I didn't realize you were in the states. I sell CMF's worldwide, but mainly in the US as I live in IN. Series 1-5 listed in my eBay store now and the series 5 will be here in just a couple weeks. (Imported) They will be id'd and placed in new plastic baggies.

Is there A offical release date for series 5? i see quite a few people have got them, but bricklink dont really have any gd buying options.

Found them in Belgium too !

One question though: didn't someone mention earlier that the Mafia guy's gun didn't fit in the suitcase ? Totally did for me. Or maybe they mentioned a tommy gun wouldn't fit ?

Another thing - that suitcase isn't exactly easy to open, and I noticed the bottom hinge become white after opening it :( Did this happen to others ? Did I open it too violently ?

Just a heads up that these are now in Maidenhead branch of WHSmiths as well.

I need the Graduate and the Dwarf Viking - I have two lumberjacks if anyones interested in a swap/buy.

I'm in the UK.

Edited by Burgon

Series 5 has shown up here in Kolding now.

Do we have a decoder sheet for series 5 yet? I tried searching for one, but I wasn't able to find one.

I need the Graduate and the Dwarf Viking - I have two lumberjacks if anyones interested in a swap/buy.

I've got more Dwarves than I'd like, you're welcome to them for one of your Lumberjacks.

Do we have a decoder sheet for series 5 yet? I tried searching for one, but I wasn't able to find one.

I think it would be easier to feel for the various parts - I had a look at the dots on the packets and they're very feint.

Has anyone had movement from pre-ordering from Play? The statuses on my order have changed to Order placed, but they've suggested my "account was declined" (I have the money on my card).

Edited by SilentMode

Found them in Belgium too !

One question though: didn't someone mention earlier that the Mafia guy's gun didn't fit in the suitcase ? Totally did for me. Or maybe they mentioned a tommy gun wouldn't fit ?

Another thing - that suitcase isn't exactly easy to open, and I noticed the bottom hinge become white after opening it :( Did this happen to others ? Did I open it too violently ?

That happens after a while w/ most folded hinge containers after a while. It probably turned that color so fast due to the cheap materials. You may wind up having to stop opening it at all unless u want to risk a hinge failure

Edited by Legofan4ever88

Minifigures.LEGO.com has been updated with the Series 5 figs. Their official names are as follows:

• Boxer
  • Cave Woman
  • Egyptian Queen
  • Small Clown
  • Evil Dwarf
  • Ice Fisherman
  • Fitness Instructor
  • Gangster
  • Graduate
  • Lizard Man
  • Lumberjack
  • Royal Guard
  • Detective
  • Snowboarder Guy
  • Zookeeper

None of the names are all that surprising-- in fact, the biggest surprise for me was how few surprises there were! I guess we're getting used to the naming system at this point. One interesting note is the name Snowboarder Guy, which I believe is the first time a male qualifier has been added to an existing female fig's name to differentiate the two. I suppose it's just a matter of sequence (the female snowboarder came first) rather than any type of progressive attitudes by TLG, but it's certainly of interest to me.

As always, the bios are hilarious. As always, there are some great LEGO references. One that got me to laugh out loud was the Gangster's bio: "The problem with being a no-good criminal in LEGO CITY is that the place is just chock full of police stations." Ain't that the truth! Although from a realistic perspective, in LEGO City he shouldn't have much trouble keeping out of jail when he's the most heavily-armed guy around. :tongue:

Another epic bio: "You may have heard of some of the Detective’s most famous cases. He’s the one who single-handedly solved the Brickster’s Baffling Brick-Napping, the Sam Sinister Switcheroo, and the Mystery of Timmy’s Nose. Why, he even tracked down a missing pet from the Racing Drome…and robot monkeys don’t leave footprints!" Pretty incredible cramming that many inside references into one paragraph. And it's true, Timmy's nose really is mysterious... the mystery, of course, being, "why, why, why?" :wacko:

It disappoints me that there haven't been any videos since Series 1, but still the web team has done a good job of keeping the collectible minifigures fun and exciting!

Edited by Aanchir

As always, the bios are hilarious.

This caught my eye from the Ice Fisherman's bio: " And once, after three long months of sitting and waiting through the cold Arctic winter, he even fished up a magic lamp with a wish-granting genie. (The first thing he wished for? A warmer coat!)"

Obviously a hint of what's to come. :wink:

Hello,

Has anyone buying these in cases been able to confirm the box contents yet? I know it was posted with the original review on EB front page - but just want to make sure that's still how it's happening before I go order a few boxes from the other side of the world ;)

Matt

Is there A offical release date for series 5? i see quite a few people have got them, but bricklink dont really have any gd buying options.

I've seen people ask but no answers. Any set date on a U.S release yet? Seems like every other country has them now. I need to learn to have some patience I guess.

I've seen people ask but no answers. Any set date on a U.S release yet? Seems like every other country has them now. I need to learn to have some patience I guess.

Their card at ToyFair said September, so they'll probably start showing up here in the States sometime this month if they haven't already. Sets usually start appearing at least a little before their stated release date.

I just wanted to say that they are showing up in Poland! I got Cavegirl and Zoo keeper today- great prints, and the baby chimpanzee is pure cutenes!

Has anyone noticed that there appears to be different sets of bump codes on the bottom of the packs. There are alpha-numeric codes (also on the bottom of the packs) that seem to identify which set the bump codes belong to. So far I've encountered "216B1" and "618B1" sets. This has resulted in purchasing duplicates even though the bump codes are different.

If anyone is interested, I have extras of the Boxer (1), Detective (1) and Fitness Instructor (2).

Still looking for;

Graduate

Cavewoman

Godzilla

Zoo Keeper

Woodcutter

Dwarves Warrior

Pharaoh Queen

Mafia Gangster

Snowboarder

I just need to get one more of Series 4 (gnome), then I'll be anxiously awaiting Series 5.

The Dwarf will be great for my Kingdom (I doubt I'll get enough to make a separate faction, I might use them like an elite guard for the other dwarves).

The Mobster/Mafia Guy is one figure I never thought Lego would make, and they did it pretty well, especially the 'violin' case. :classic:

The Boxer, I believe, marks 2 milestones: First Double-sided head on a collectible minifigure, and first Minifigure to have pieces in substitute of hands.

I also am hoping to see lots of Godzilla vs King Kong (S3 Gorilla suit) MOCs. :wink:

Overall, I think it's a very good series, with some figures I've been wanting since Series 1. :wub: