eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

I really want to get some of these. At which stores can i buy them in the US?

Edited by foolio93

Lego series 5 came in to my WHSmiths! No where else though...As far as I know haha

Which one was that?

My local WH Smiths (Brentwood, Essex) didn't have them today. The independant toy shop on the high road said she was told Aug 6th.

We've been calling our local TRUs, but no one has them in yet.

It is typical that the US will get any LEGO sets in around 1 month later than Europe. TRU is pre-ordering for the end of August, whereas Europe is beginning to get them in already. (Also, it is typical that TRU gets the CMF before LEGO starts selling them on the website, so they may not even come out until the 1st of September.)

It is typical that the US will get any LEGO sets in around 1 month later than Europe. TRU is pre-ordering for the end of August, whereas Europe is beginning to get them in already. (Also, it is typical that TRU gets the CMF before LEGO starts selling them on the website, so they may not even come out until the 1st of September.)

TRU's latest shipping date on the pre orders in August 16th. For Series 3, Fred Meyer stores in the Pacific Northwest had theirs out a week and a half before TRU. I think it is hit and miss and total luck of the draw. With that said, I had my local TRU check the system and they said the distributor does not have them yet. Looks like I'll be hitting up all my local Fred Meyer stores :)

I really want to get some of these. At which stores can i buy them in the US?

You probably won't find them in the States now. Sightings of them have occurred in Britain and throughout Europe, but they should hit American stores within a few weeks.

My moms currently out for Vacation and is in France. Anyone know of stores in France that usually carry them? I'm gonna tell her to keep an eye out since it seems they'll hit across all of Europe soon, only I don't know what stores to tell her to check lol

Ive got them all plus a few extra danish soliders =)

They are so much bether this time =)

You probably won't find them in the States now. Sightings of them have occurred in Britain and throughout Europe, but they should hit American stores within a few weeks.

Do you have any idea where I could find Series 4, or what ever is the current series?

Do you have any idea where I could find Series 4, or what ever is the current series?

Depends on your country. But I would say local big toy stores or a Lego store if there is one close to you. Otherwise, you can still buy them on the Lego website.

I bought a few today from ebay seller millionsoftoys here in the UK. Saved me hunting. 2 graduates, 2 boxers, 2 zookeepers, 1 gangster, 1 lumberjack, 1 snowboarder and 1 Cleopatra. He had them in quantities of about 40 each. Going for £2.99 each. Most other sellers seem to be asking over £4 for one.

I just snaffled the ones I wanted most. I may not bother with the rest of the series.

I bought a few today from ebay seller millionsoftoys here in the UK. . . Going for £2.99 each. Most other sellers seem to be asking over £4 for one.

Thanks for the hookup, I've just bought four Graduates from said seller. I haven't ever bought collectible minifigures from feeBay, but right now that offer beat BrickLink hands down.

Which one was that?

It was at a shopping store called lakeside in essex.

I do love these figures, such a wonderful wave.

My shelf is so packed right now though..

I feel I got lucky when getting these, I thought they were series 2!

We must have them really early as well, I don't see many other pictures about or anything, nor and update on the official mini figures site...

Edited by Ben Blackman

This morning, my local WHSmiths (Swindon) only had one box with about 50 left in it at the back of the store at the customer service desk. They also had an empty box behind the main tills. I didn't buy any of them because I am waiting for them to restock, and then I will hopefully be able to buy a new sealed box them. :thumbup:

~buddy~

Verry funny you... :hmpf_bad:

Anyway, after doing some digging I found the store's address. No idea if they have them.

I went today and they still have S4 on the self but no S5!

I asked and they said they were expecting them sometime in the next week, so I'll keep checking every few days.

I'm not planning on buying all 16 in a few days though this time, seeing as S4 is still on the shelves I don't think that there is the need to rush out and buy them, they seem to be producing enough to keep us going!

D

I went today and they still have S4 on the self but no S5!

I asked and they said they were expecting them sometime in the next week, so I'll keep checking every few days.

I'm not planning on buying all 16 in a few days though this time, seeing as S4 is still on the shelves I don't think that there is the need to rush out and buy them, they seem to be producing enough to keep us going!

D

Try WH Smiths, I found them at the Westfield branch earlier tonight (ask at the till).

They had some behind the counter in my local WH Smiths today, I got 5, 3 of which turned out to be boxers! :hmpf: Other 2 were the British Guard and the Zoo Lady though, both of whom are lovely.

I hope some UK sellers will start listing on BL. All that's really popping up on BL now are either the un'id'd ones at a good price(i want 2 specific one's), good priced id'd but the shipping looks like it could get expensive fast, or overpriced ones w/ shipping that stacks up fast also if i want to get any extra stuff

Not to brag, gloat or anything, but of the 20 I bought last night I've got 13 of the 16 - including two Graduates and two Lizard Suit Guys. They were all picked by the person behind the counter. I'm only missing the Gladiator, Egyptian woman and the dancer/fitness person.

My ratings so far, having had the chance to see [most of] them up close:

Best in series: Graduate

Wouldn't say no to: Lizard Suit Guy, Cave Girl, Eskimo(?), Boxer, Zookeeper

Take or leave: Snowboarder, Gangster, dancer/fitness person, Lumberjack, Detective/Sleuth, Royal Guard

You can have: Gladiator, Dwarf, Kid Clown, Egyptian woman.

Not to brag, gloat or anything, but of the 20 I bought last night I've got 13 of the 16 - including two Graduates and two Lizard Suit Guys. They were all picked by the person behind the counter. I'm only missing the Gladiator, Egyptian woman and the dancer/fitness person.

Ha, fantastic! Congratulations on your luck, that's awesome. Maybe sometimes it's just better to have somebody else pick the figues instead of spending precious time of your life pondering over which one to take. Hope you'll find the remaining three quickly!

Lucky Europeans finding these, I wish the Australian retailers would hurry up and get these out on the shelf, I want a bunch of em for various projects (Gangster, Graduate, Lumberjack and others)

I bought 12 more just now from the Notting Hill Gate branch of Smiths, and I've completed the set.

I take back my rejection of the Egyptian woman, her head is rather nice and the torso could be put to work. The fitness person is okay - perhaps use her head for a female jogger, and the torso and legs for a gymnast, trapeze artist or someone (preferably female) working out at a gym. The gladiator, for some reason, came without a shield is meh.

Time to update my trading list again.

Edited by SilentMode