eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

Here are my thoughts on what minifigs will be the most useful for mixing and matching for City type minifigs. You know repurpose parts.

Graduate - nice torso with dress shirt, tie and sweater. Quite useful! The smiling head also could be put to good use. The diploma would look good on a wall somewhere. ;) The cap and gown would work on a lot of minfigs for a nice graduation scene.

Gladiator - Not really much here for City use, unless you are doing a costume party scene. The head is probably the most useful here.

Grenadier Guard - The stock minifig is perfect for doing up a palace guard type scene. The head is a bit too specific to the headgear, but the rifle could be useful. A Star Wars long blaster would be a nice modern update to the stock character.

Eskimo - The head would be of most use for City purposes, unless your city is in Nunavut. ;) The accessories are stuff we have seen before. Meh.

Cave woman - Again really much here for City use, but perfect for doing a costume party scene.

Godzilla - Perfect for doing a recreation of the opening credits of the A-Team. The head is the most useful for repurposing.

Zookeeper - A lot of useful parts nice head and hair - it is nice to have more female minifig heads! The monkey is great and would make a nice addition to a zoo scene with things like the ostrich and such.

Woodcutter - A lot of good stuff here. Great torso which has a lot of mix and match potential. Nice coloured legs. Useful head. And the baseball cap is great. Now they need a Beavers baseball jersey to have a team to play against the Clutchers.

Circus clown - Other than doing a circus scene basically useless. The pie however is brilliant. Perfect for a bakery scene with croissants.

Aerobics Instructor - The sweatband on the head limits the usefulness of the head, but it would look good on a Tennis Player torso. The hair is quite useful. The torso looks like it could also be a tank top, if you ignore the belt. The light purple boom box would be at home in a lot of City type scenes.

Detective - Lots of good stuff here. The head's mutton chops would look right on the right sort of minifig. The torso has some nice possibilities and it is always good to have more khaki legs. The deerstalker hat has all sorts of possibilities. The magnifying glass is again would work with the right circumstances.

Dwarf Warrior - Not much to use for a City sort of minifig except the black beard.

Boxer - Most of the parts are character specific. The legs would make a nice pair of shorts or a bathing suit for some deserving minifig trying to beat the heat.

Pharaoh Queen - Again a lot of character specific pieces. The head is probably the most useful part here.

Gangster - Oodles of usefulness here. Nice to see another suit torso. The black fedora can come in handy. The gun is always useful. The violin case could be put to less violent uses. The head would look great on a lot of minifigs - I think it would be great on a chef.

Snowboarder - The head isn't too useful with the big set of goggles. The torso has a lot of potential and the toque could be used in a lot of places.

I just checked on bricklink and series 5 figures have started to be listed! ID'd figures appear to be more or less all posted by someone called "Skane Bricks" and they have the figures listed at 10 bucks a piece(yes. $10). there's also one selling unid'd ones for 2.34 w/ one required to buy them by the box and the same seller also has some at 2.93 a piece w/ no minimum requirement.

Wherre was that big Tesco that had Series 4 early? Perhaps they have them?

Wherre was that big Tesco that had Series 4 early? Perhaps they have them?

Well ask the one who went there all the way by bus to buy them... wait. That was you. :laugh:

Well ask the one who went there all the way by bus to buy them... wait. That was you. :laugh:

Verry funny you... :hmpf_bad:

Anyway, after doing some digging I found the store's address. No idea if they have them.

No, Tesco don't have them instore yet but they are set up on the customer enquiry screen with a release date of 11/09/2011. However I would expect them to be in stores before then, as they seem to be using this date as a place holder for a lot of products lately. I'll check weekly and as soon as I know anything I will post.

I'd be thrilled if it was the Pacific Northwest again (Washington State and Oregon) like Series 3 :)

Haha, I remember you going crazy with baseball players for an agonizing week or so before we got our hands on them. I think you had your entire team before the rest of us had any!!

I'm going out on a limb and guessing that a week from today these will be out in the wild. The question is WHERE!!!???

Check bricklink under the sets section. There's only 2 sellers on pre-id'd ones. One selling for 2 something a piece and 1 for 10 a piece. There's also a bunch of un-id'd ones including ones buy the box full on the lower end of 2 dollars.

Oh, and a few on ebay. Looks like all they have so far are buy the box or the gangster.

AT LAST!!!

I have the whole set of series 5 figs!)

Bought in Czech Republic through Leganie.cz. They said figs are in stock since july 18.

a9b2135ad5de.jpg

4ee0105fd6bf.jpg

4a26e61d6120.jpg

The Gladiator - I haven't opened other figs yet)

Edited by -GZ-

Series 5 is being pre-ordered on BL for the 1st of August (yes, it says available, but trust me, they were just deleted when they had pre-ordered them and now they listed days later as "in-stock". Probably they are counting on waiting a few days till the first and no one will know they didn't have them).

Series 5 is for sale on eBay as non-preorders from the UK, but otherwise is pre-ordered.

I would like to know if anyone found anything out about the ratio/breakdown of a box.

Also, note that the prices for distributors have gone up, so don't count on them dropping much from what they are now. I was notified that there was about a 20% increase so they are making it harder for the re-sellers.

However, sellers in Germany should still have the better prices.

My Toys R Us claims they had some this morning and that they were sold out. Highly doubtful since I was in there yesterday afternoon and again today shortly after calling. There's no place set up for Series 5 (not even an empty space where a box could have been). A whole box and then some of Series 4 is still out. The guy on the phone said they'd get more Friday. The people at this store NEVER have a clue when it comes to Lego. I've had to explain things to them before.

Haha, I remember you going crazy with baseball players for an agonizing week or so before we got our hands on them. I think you had your entire team before the rest of us had any!!

Yes I did/do. I am still adding some more here and there. Mainly to get the pant pieces to create an opposing team and more bats for them. I also use the torsos and hats for fans :)

My Toys R Us claims they had some this morning and that they were sold out. Highly doubtful since I was in there yesterday afternoon and again today shortly after calling. There's no place set up for Series 5 (not even an empty space where a box could have been). A whole box and then some of Series 4 is still out. The guy on the phone said they'd get more Friday. The people at this store NEVER have a clue when it comes to Lego. I've had to explain things to them before.

My local TRU's get their trucks on Thursday nights. They have been saying S5 is in the system, but not showing in stock at the distributor. So I plan on calling Wednesday night to see if that has changed.

The hunt is on!

I can't wait to get some of these. Also I noticed that Playmobil has cashed in on the mystery figures they have a set for boys and one geared at girls.

Just registered to let you know that WH Smiths in Lakeside, Essex (UK) has S5 in.

I picked some up on the 23rd and more last night. So far we have:

Dwarf

Boxer

Detective x 2

Dinosaur Suit Man

Fitness Dancer

Gangster

Grenadier Guard

Lumberjack

Small Clown

Cavewoman

The Dwarf and Dinosaur man are my favorite so far

Just registered to let you know that WH Smiths in Lakeside, Essex (UK) has S5 in.

Awesome news. But I ain't going to Essex. :tongue:

Do we actually have official names for these yet?

The only official source that has showed names, that I know of, is LEGO's Facebook page, but some of the ones given there seem dubious. I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be any mention of Series 5 on LEGO.com (unless I'm missing something) considering these are starting to show up in stores.

We've been calling our local TRUs, but no one has them in yet. However, TRU is having a Buy 1 Get 1 50% sale on minifigures and you can pre-order series 5 online, but no matter how many you order online, only one figure is half off.

So my husband went to a local TRU and spent 45 minutes with an employee to do 30 separate orders of 2 figures each to get the BOGO deal. The great thing is that shipping was free, as is TRU's policy when you order in store to ship to home for free.

I just wonder if TRU is going to be stupid enough to do 30 separate orders, or whether they'll catch that they're all going to the same person.

Oh, and if there are any figures we don't want, we can go back to the store and trade them in as long as we don't open them. But this is the easiest way to get 3 full sets, which is what we did last time for series 4. Much more comfortable to sort at home than stand for a long time in a store trying to feel the figures. Then we only had to spend a few minutes in a store to get the ones we're missing.