Blackknight112

Review: 7914 Mandalorian battlepack

I actually think this set is below average.

The turret, heavy gun and speeder are all poorly designed - even when considering that a BP always has a very limited amount of bricks, it's still poor. Just compare them to the speeder in the Clone BP... :thumbdown:

The mandos are also poor - no print on the back of the torsos :thumbdown:

Extremely hideous face prints :thumbdown:

The jet pack makes the mandos look stretched - the millimeter added around the neck looks really odd when the helmet also lacks a millimeter or two to reach the shoulders :thumbdown:

As much as I love mandalorians, it just can't beat the fact that this BP isn't anywhere close to being any good.

I'd rather spend the money on mandalorian decals and custom helmets.

Sorry, but that's just the way I feel about this one.

As for the review: I suggest you download paint.net and irfanview to help you processing your shots. Also remember to consider the focus - the image with 2 half polybags and a quarter of a manual are of no real use to the rest of us.

Slightly disappointed with this set. I loved most Battlepacks by throwing a few regular troops + Maybe a commander/pilot figure, but having all the same figure's a bit tame. The Mandos themselves will always seem like a poor man's Jango Fett to me.

Thanks 'Blackknight112' for your review....first I must say AWESOME on three points...new pistols.....new helmets and 4 jetpacks......SWEET ! :grin:

The heads don't really worry me too much.....heck if it worries you use Indy or Mutt heads instead....wait Mutt might shoot himself in the foot ! :laugh:

Cool speeder and weapons.....a must have - like quite a few ! :wink:

May the brick be with you ! :yoda:

Im really impressed with this set. I like how there are three little devices rather than just one mediocre ship like the clone trooper BP.

Nice review. After seeing the episodes I'm more satisfied with what they've included in the set. I'm thinking about customizing one of them to be the Death Watch leader. You?

Nice review, Blackknight.

I have to agree about the horrid faces on the Mandos. But since most, if not all, of the time they will be covered by the helmet, I'm not going to care about them too much.

I think the speeder looks pretty close to what was in TCW. The cannon and turret are OK. Still, the focus in this set is in the minifigs, and if you want some Mando warriors, you have your chance. I'll pick up one, maybe two sets. Certainly no more than that.

I have the imperial v-wing aswel, since there is no review on it here ( on my youtube is a review) do you guys think I should make one??

I have the imperial v-wing aswel, since there is no review on it here ( on my youtube is a review) do you guys think I should make one??

Yes, and include a picture of the silver Astromech dome on a R2D2body.

About the battlepack, I opened this set together with my 2 kids and they really loved it. They got one minifig each (I got 2 :) ) and I don´t think they need more than that. A great set but no armybuilder. Of course I will buy at least 2 more of this set to stash away just in case.

Definitely! We can always use more pics. And I second the motion to put the silver dome on the white astromech body- if it looks good, this could be the other set for me to get at a TRU BOGO sale. (if my TRU has it, that is)

Definitely! We can always use more pics. And I second the motion to put the silver dome on the white astromech body- if it looks good, this could be the other set for me to get at a TRU BOGO sale. (if my TRU has it, that is)

Actually the dome isnt silver, but between gray and metwllic, but wait for my review

Seems like TLG dropped the ball on this one. Heads are hideous and the speeder and turret just look bland. However I will still probably pick this up and replace the fleshy heads with light bley ones. I would have liked to see a Pre Visla minifig in the set.

This set is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

I'm so enthusiastic about this set, you wouldn't believe! Actually, I could imagine it becoming my favourite lego set EVER! I'll certainly buy more than one copy, that's for sure...

Cheers for the great review! It brings warm feelings to my heart... :wub:

Enpaz

Seems like TLG dropped the ball on this one. Heads are hideous and the speeder and turret just look bland. However I will still probably pick this up and replace the fleshy heads with light bley ones. I would have liked to see a Pre Visla minifig in the set.

Aren't all the Mandos based on Pre Visla? Their faces, at least?

Come on. Those are not bland. It's a battle pack, remember?

How are the faces hideous? They're just manly... :laugh:

I would post this in the question thread, but I think its better to post here while this topic is still fresh, I know that mandalorians, whether they be CW or old republic, are proud warriors, and would not fancy being clones, being this way, does anyone have any ideas on how to customize these guys for say a group of rugged mandalorian mercenaries? and I'm not just talking ARC gear, and hopefully remaining purist, but a little deviation might be allowed, fire away with any ideas you may or may not have.

I would post this in the question thread, but I think its better to post here while this topic is still fresh, I know that mandalorians, whether they be CW or old republic, are proud warriors, and would not fancy being clones, being this way, does anyone have any ideas on how to customize these guys for say a group of rugged mandalorian mercenaries? and I'm not just talking ARC gear, and hopefully remaining purist, but a little deviation might be allowed, fire away with any ideas you may or may not have.

You could try different guns, and adding Technic pins or hands to guns will yield many variations. Tattered capes might be nice for some of them, and not all Mandos wear jetpacks. Maybe you could try changine the color of their arms and legs. Nothing drastic, like orange, but maybe light grey.

You could try different guns, and adding Technic pins or hands to guns will yield many variations. Tattered capes might be nice for some of them, and not all Mandos wear jetpacks. Maybe you could try changine the color of their arms and legs. Nothing drastic, like orange, but maybe light grey.

I guess arm variations and different guns would yield the best results, I'll have to wait till I have these guys in hand to see what to do with them.

Nice review, but those faces are butt ugly...

Then don't remove their helmets.

Thanks for the review!

I'm way behind with the Clone Wars series (not started on series 2 yet!) so I can only assume that Mandalorians will be going toe-to-toe with Clonies... I'm sure I'll find out in due course how they manged to get them to make a resurgence... :smile:

The Mandalorian figures look great and make this battlepack, I'll certainly pick up a few but it does lack variety i.e. colour variation of armour. Like I said, I've not seen the new episodes so maybe that's the done thing for Mando's now. I'm more in anticipation of the new clonetrooper battlepack - better balanced than this. That said...

Good advice... and not only that but all the clone accessories available to the clonetroopers can be used on these guys... pauldron, kama, headgear accessories - the lot.

Then don't remove their helmets.

...and if that's not enough then replace the head with a solid black minifig head like your stormtroopers. You'll never have to stare into those eyes-a-mother-wouldn't-love again... :wink:

Good advice... and not only that but all the clone accessories available to the clonetroopers can be used on these guys... pauldron, kama, headgear accessories - the lot.

He actually specified advice other than just ARC gear. :wink:

He actually specified advice other than just ARC gear. :wink:

Sorry Dude, not entirely sure what your gist is here... but while I did say your advice was good advice I only wanted to suggest a quick, easy way for people to add some variation to their Mandalorians. Not everyone will have the time or parts to experiment but almost everyone will have some clone accessories with the clone battlepacks we've had recently. If you do happen to have the time, parts and inclination, then go wild!

Sorry Dude, not entirely sure what your gist is here... but while I did say your advice was good advice I only wanted to suggest a quick, easy way for people to add some variation to their Mandalorians. Not everyone will have the time or parts to experiment but almost everyone will have some clone accessories with the clone battlepacks we've had recently. If you do happen to have the time, parts and inclination, then go wild!

Sorry, I was just clarifying what he was asking, and why I didn't mention that, since it is the most obvious way to customize them. :classic: