thire5

[MOC] Terminator T-800 bust (INSTRUCTIONS)

This is just an absolutely amazing MOC thire5! You really captured the overall look of the T-800 perfectly. The details are just awesome, highlighted by the LED eyes. I'm also lovin' the skeleton 'dump' at the base, which is also very well done. Simply one of the most ingenious MOCs I've seen this year, excellent work! :thumbup:

Wow, that is one excellent MOC. Instantly recognizable to anyone that's seen the Terminator movies.

I thought about looking up screenshots from the films to see how accurate it was, when I relaized that I just don't truly care. I just want to stare, amsazed, at all of the wonderful details.

The bust looks so good! You managed to put extreme detail in that face, it's just <33333.

What is more, the stand looks superb and complements the MOC superbly (because he is superb, got it? :classic: ). Just :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: from me for this! Keep on brickin'!

Enpaz

I'm a newcomer just coming out of 20 years of Dark Ages because (thanks to !) my kids...This MOC made it through countless mainstream blogs & forums where I saw it a while ago.

At last I have found THE source material and maker... who I can mightily congrats ! :thumbup:

nb : love the skeleton pieces in the stand. So amazing it's disgusting !

Edited by eltsyr

Hi there,

I know this is an old topic, but I've recently recreated this model. I'm working on the instructions now, I hope it will be finished in few weeks :grin:

45141628924_b0028842d4_z.jpg

So I saw this on brick vault and immediately decided to purchase the instructions. This build type of build is not my norm but the Terminator is one of my favorite movies and the MOC looks fantastic I had to build it. I would like to give props to Martin for creating such an awesome MOC and Brickvault to providing it to the masses. All MOCs that I build I make my own personalization, here are some of the adjustments I made... Martin I hope you approve.

T-800T-800T-800T-800T-800T-800

Ok, so I was typing and embedding images at the same time and didn’t prevue the post... sorry for the horrible paragraph. Martin I have one question, is there a simple way to get to the gearing? I have an issue where the motor spins but the head won’t move (should have tested before I built the bust). any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, thank you for your post! I'm happy you build my model and also customize some parts :)

I like the "new" nose and some small details that you changed. Personally, I'm not so fond of the bigger eyes (is it dish 3x3 ?), it makes the head look smaller.

About the head turning - did you try to turn only the neck part without the head ? does it still not move ? 
I had to add the turnable parts next to the neck because otherwise there is too much of friction. Did you do it exactly as it's in the instructions ? (page 269 - black turnable plates 2x2 ) ?

Martin

Martin, 

Thanks for the feedback on my modifications. Yes i used the 3x3 dish it would be much better if Lego had a 2.5x2.5 dish... I think the proportion would be better, I will probably remove them as I was just testing it to see how they looked. I was able to figure out why the head wouldn’t turn, I had to disassemble the bottom of the base to find the issue... of course it was builder error. So I made another mod that I don’t have pics of, I wanted to be able to move the head w/o opening the door and pulling out the battery pack so I inserted a 1x2 (w/hole) into the door and created a basic switch so now all I have to do is reach behind the model and activate the movement. Thanks for creating this awesome MOC!

WOOW incredible building, and thanks a lot for the instructions.

I think it would be even greater with chromed pieces (i have an idea for my next project...)