the enigma that is badger

Feedback on BrickArms Advanced Sterling Design Requested

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

As many of you might be already be aware, Will Chapman of BrickArms has been exploring the concept of a modern/sci take on the Sterling SMG (something Star Wars builders might find particularly useful) for some time now. Here is the original version with features a scope and a non-removable magazine:

3642429561_3d6043cd49.jpg?v=0

3642429605_69499d3c96.jpg?v=0

However, Will recently revisited the design with the new Advanced Sterling SMG prototype:

5261946621_1ca3fd0423_z.jpg

5262555924_d6e03a3e91_z.jpg

5262555856_de3be22fea.jpg

This updated version does not feature a scope but does have a removable magazine. That magazine can be inserted into any BrickArms accessory with a similar slot (as seen here) and any tabbed accessory (like the Ammo Drum included with the BrickArms MG42) can be attached to the Advanced Sterling SMG. Will is also currently considering designing a longer, curved magazine like used with real like Sterling:

5266576268_00aef8c78e.jpg

As Will continues to explore this concept, he'd like to know what builders would be most interested in seeing! Is the incorporation of the slot-tab system something you like? Do you prefer the scoped or non-scope version? Ultimately, Will wants to produce a design that the most number of builders will find useful in their building, so any constructive feedback you have will be most appreciated!

As a fan of the movies, I like the scoped blaster, but the removable magazine is a really cool feature too. :thumbup:

I'm torn, both look great, the second one is amazingly detailed. This may not be the place to ask, but will brickarms further explore SW themed armaments?

This may not be the place to ask, but will brickarms further explore SW themed armaments?

Perhaps, but the amount of interest there is in the Advanced Sterling will certainly be a factor. We'll just have to see! Still, focusing on feedback on the Advanced Sterling here would be best!

I like movie accuracy, so I'm going to have to go for the first one. It looks great. :wub:

Removable magazines are tough. I like the function, but they do tend to get in the way of accuracy.

If I had to choose one of these, I'd go with the first, because it's more accuarate than the second. However, given that the standard E-11 blaster rifle in Star Wars really does have a magazine there, a scoped version of the second would be pretty nice.

Mostly, as long as it's mass-produced I'll buy whichever one you guys decide to make.

The first one is amazing. May have to buy multiples when I can. I would love to have more movie accurate Star Wars customs from Brickarms. The Brickarms I own are amazing, and making Star Wars one would definitely make me buy more.

I love the second design. Like the idea of having spare ammo packs for my troops, that being said would like the scope. Would it be possible for the scope to be detachable that way it could please both parties.

Ive naturally given the honor of my 100th post to the Star Wars forum. I think thesecond, detailed one should be in black, and also brickarms should look into SW designs. They would surely be bestsellers.

All I have to say is I would buy both of them as they are both beautifully crafted in my opinion. Please ask for the Han Solo blaster to be mass produced as well!

The first one by a long shot. :wub:

I really like the removable magazine function, but if I had to buy one, id go for the first. :sweet:

Which if made available, I will be buying. :wub:

CF

post 2727 ha.

Edited by CommanderFox

Will they do the shorter Clone trooper blaster?

Don't want to speak for BA here, but one thing I noticed is that BA is primarily a real-world weapons supplier, and the two SW prototypes they have (E-11 and DL-44) are both based on real weapons. The DC-15s, on the other hand, is purely made up by Lucasfilm/ILM.

I prefer the first (scoped) version. The new version is kind of a middle ground that isnt a suitable E-11 or a realistic Sterling as it has barrel ribs that are not present on the real L2a3.

I prefer the scoped one. It's cool to see BA making a SW weapon AND even if I'm kind of a Military guy, I don't like the look of the real gun used in WW2. And don't underestimate the huge Star Wars fanbase! You'd certainly make good profit with a Stormtrooper blaster.

I say make both. Sten for the history WWII buffs and the scoped version for the SW fans. either way, people will buy multiples to arm their existing armies.