Fuzzylegobricks

LEGO SAH Train Track Planner

I found this when on the lego website browsing for new sets! :laugh: But not very AFOL like.

Its is a track designer the only problem is that it is nowhere near as good as the one on railbricks available.

(The Link for it) With out further ado here it is...

The start Page: picture_242.png

The Layout: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fuzzylegobricks12345/blah/picture_243.png

The Track (available pieces) picture_244.png

The Base Plates: picture_245.png

The save/load page: picture_247.png

And last but not least the Instructions, (example shown is flexible track) picture_248.png

Hope this helps you!

I would give it a 5/10 because the lack of pieces.

~Fuzzylegobricks :wink:

Sorry for the close imaging.

Its is a track designer the only problem is that it is nowhere near as good as the one on railbricks available.

I find it sad that TLG puts so much effort into undermining projects that already exist in the AFOL world. At least with LDD there seems to be a reason (they needed control to integrate it with parts purchase from PAB) but this just seems to be a slap in the face to Bluebrick.

Would it be too much effort to work with the community rather than in competition?

It's a nice tool for people that doesn't want/can install anything and wanna

make something simple and fast. But if you plan anything bigger

than standard Lego tracks, Bluebrick is the tool.

I don't think Lego is underminig AFOL's projects (it's very basic), just making life easy to

people that owns a few tracks or kids that wants to desing their own layouts.

I see this as LEGO giving something to younger kids to work with that will allow them to design track layouts for themselves. I think this and BlueBrick are aimed at two completely different audiences. I see this as a gateway to BlueBrick and I think it's good to see LEGO putting some dollars behind marketing trains to kids. Those kids will eventually migrate to BlueBrick.

-Davey

I agree it seems they might have gotten the idea from Bluebrick to make this program.

The downside about it is that there are very few pieces, but that is what kids have when they start out on their 4+ birthdays.

I think this and BlueBrick are aimed at two completely different audiences.

Indeed, it's far-fetched to say they're competing. I don't expect TLG to make it as versatile as BlueBrick. Or even backwards compatible with older base plates and tracks.

Since the only trains in the house here are Duplo, I'd like to see a Duplo version of LEGO's track designer. I've been doing some Duplo track layouts in BlueBrick, but since it's only track and no baseplates and track-side structures, it would be nice to have something like this for Duplo as well.

definitely need to add a double cross over. Then I could start designing my layout

if only there was another track designer for the mac!

definitely need to add a double cross over. Then I could start designing my layout

if only there was another track designer for the mac!

In theory Bluebrick might run on a Mac, as there is a library called Mono which should allow it to do so. In practice last I heard it was untested, so I'm pretty sure it would be buggy. If you are really keen testing and reporting errors might spur the Bluebrick guys to support it.

In theory Bluebrick might run on a Mac, as there is a library called Mono which should allow it to do so. In practice last I heard it was untested, so I'm pretty sure it would be buggy. If you are really keen testing and reporting errors might spur the Bluebrick guys to support it.

I might just have to give that a shot!

Cheers

What I like fron this software is that is able to manage the new flex-track. Is there any other software able to handle them?

It's not a killer application, but if they want, it can be. It just needs to be an stand alone application, layers, user defined blocks (baseplates, constructions...), and the possibility to export your maps to LDD or any other 3D software. Well, errr..... it seems to be a long road, hehe, I'll keep on BlueTrack till then :P

I find it sad that TLG puts so much effort into undermining projects that already exist in the AFOL world. At least with LDD there seems to be a reason (they needed control to integrate it with parts purchase from PAB) but this just seems to be a slap in the face to Bluebrick.

Would it be too much effort to work with the community rather than in competition?

I think this is no where close to competition with Bluebrick or the Trackdesigner. This targets a completely different audience in my opinion.

Secondly it is web-based and features only the current range of accessories/sets (which they want to sell).

fW

I hope to hear the results from your experiment!

Started not so successfull! Downloaded all the gear but couldn't even figure out how to launch the program!

I think this is no where close to competition with Bluebrick or the Trackdesigner. This targets a completely different audience in my opinion.

Secondly it is web-based and features only the current range of accessories/sets (which they want to sell).

fW

I agree thats surely what they are doing.

Started not so successfull! Downloaded all the gear but couldn't even figure out how to launch the program!

I had a feeling this would happen :cry_sad: but eventually they will make a mac compatible version of bluebrick, but for now we must wait.

Hi everyone! First of all I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas. I hope Santa will surprise you with many of the sets that are on your Christmas wish list. :sweet:

I just saw this thread and I would like to thank you guys for supporting and using BlueBrick. I apologize again for not providing many GIFs this year but I will do something about that during the next few weeks.

I am also planning to have a chat with Alban soon concerning the next BlueBrick release. Hopefully we will be able to provide you with a new version in the very near future.

All the best!

Edited by missouri_bb63

Hi everyone! First of all I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas. I hope Santa will surprise you with many of the sets that are on your Christmas wish list. :sweet:

I just saw this thread and I would like to thank you guys for supporting and using BlueBrick. I apologize again for not providing many GIFs this year but I will do something about that during the next few weeks.

I am also planning to have a chat with Alban soon concerning the next BlueBrick release. Hopefully we will be able to provide you with a new version in the very near future.

All the best!

A Mac version?

Please.....

Also if you make one please post about it in the train forum here!

Bless you!

and merry xmas

Edited by Fuzzylegobricks

Hi you guys. Unfortunately, I do not believe that a revised MAC version is on the way. I take it the method described on the BlueBrick site didn't work?

All update information will be posted on the actual dedicated Eurobricks, BlueBrick thread.

I will be in touch as soon as I have news (and some new GIFs).

All the best!

Edited by missouri_bb63

Hi you guys. Unfortunately, I do not believe that a revised MAC version is on the way. I take it the method described on the BlueBrick site didn't work?

All update information will be posted on the actual dedicated Eurobricks, BlueBrick thread.

I will be in touch as soon as I have news (and some new GIFs).

All the best!

Sad.... :sad:

Thanks for the info!

LEGO has recently removed its official Track Planner.

http://city.lego.com/en-US/applications/trackplanner.aspx

Do you know why?

I've tried to recover it using archive.org, but the app doesn't load, probably because it needs external resources that have been removed.

http://web.archive.org/web/20120529170425/http://city.lego.com/en-US/applications/trackplanner.aspx

Any suggestions?

I would like to use it for some projects because it's simple and works on OS X.

Thanks.