Sign in to follow this  
dede_la_fee

Winter Village : The Leaky Tank Pub

Excellent pub 'dede_la_fee'...reminds me of the pub out of the MV set of 2009 but of course more updated.....great work building this and good luck.....oh, yeah before I forget I'm a conformist! !

reminds me of the pub out of the MV set of 2009 but of course more updated

Actually, I used some parts of the Medieval Village and others from The Schrieking Shack (Harry Potter)

Thanks for the nice comments, I did my best with what I have : don't have many white slope piecess, I'm afraid, and there's no time left to order the ones I'd need, thus the irregular look of the roof.

Cool pub 'dede_la_fee'

Actually, I used some parts of the Medieval Village and others from The Schrieking Shack (Harry Potter)

Thanks for the nice comments, I did my best with what I have : don't have many white slope piecess, I'm afraid, and there's no time left to order the ones I'd need, thus the irregular look of the roof.

I think the roof looks cool

Very nice entry dede_la_fee! I think a Pub is really an essential element to any Winter Village, you know, just to keep the guys warm with a couple of beers amidst the cold winter weather.

But if may I suggest milady, I think it would certainly help your entry if you could deeplink some photos in your first post. That way, people will have more chances to appreciate your creation. Since you're using flickr, just click on the photo >>> then right-click >>> choose Medium 640 >>> right-click again on the photo >>> choose Properties >>> highlight the Address (URL), copy it >>> then paste on the Insert Image icon when you edit your first post, then you'll have your photos deeplinked, like this one:

EDIT: Removed sample photo.

Hope that helps! Very good work on this and good luck in the contest! default_thumbup.gif

Edited by KielDaMan

Very nice entry dede_la_fee! I think a Pub is really an essential element to any Winter Village, you know, just to keep the guys warm with a couple of beers amidst the cold winter weather.

But if may I suggest milady, I think it would certainly help your entry if you could deeplink some photos in your first post. [...]

Hope that helps! Very good work on this and good luck in the contest! default_thumbup.gif

Thanks a lot, KielDaMan, as you can see I followed your instructions. And learned somomething new in the process, thank you! :wink:

This really gives me the feeling of christmas (not that I'm a heavy drinker, tho. haha). The interior is great as well is the exterior. The lamp posts looks astonishing!

As for suggestions, have you tried switching the light blue walls for white? Not that it's wrong with blue, of course. Other than that, it looks very rustic and authentic!

As for suggestions, have you tried switching the light blue walls for white?

At first, I tried with red -THE Christmas colour-, but it didn't go well with the brown... then Tan, but it wasn't bright and cheerful enough... as for white, well the roof's already white, isn't it?

Thanks for taking the time to review and make the suggestion, anyway !

Those beerglasses don't seem to have seen a dishwasher in years.

It adds to the athmosphere ;)

I love the drunk guy sitting outside and your custom sign.

It makes me want to go get a drink. It's very festive, and really nicely done.

Graet entry, it is very festive indeed. It would fit in well in a winter village. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Thanks a lot, KielDaMan, as you can see I followed your instructions. And learned somomething new in the process, thank you! :wink:

You're welcome Madam! :classic: It's nice to see the photos are now up and running, the entry looks much better-presented now. Best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

You're Leaky Tank Pub looks great! Or to say it in ta langue maternelle: je le trouve vraiment fascinant! All those small details are lovely! On the whole, your MOC can be described with :wub: . The atmosphere is..., well, it's hard to describe but I really like it. Une très bon entrée. Maybe I shouldn't write so much French. I'll probably find myself banned within a month... :look:

Cheers!