CoolerTD

MOC: The small castle in sand

indexed.gif

It`s my second moc in castle theme presented on this forum.

This is small castle somewhere in middle east.

I hope you will enjoy it

dsc_0002.jpg

dsc_0004.jpg

dsc_0008.jpg

dsc_0012.jpg

dsc_1012.jpg

dsc_0020.jpg

dsc_0028.jpg

dsc_0030.jpg

dsc_0031.jpg

dsc_0027.jpg

dsc_0015.jpg

dsc_0016.jpg

dsc_0017.jpg

dsc_0019.jpg

dsc_1010.jpg

dsc_1011.jpg

dsc_0013.jpg

dsc_0024.jpg

dsc_0997.jpg

Thanx for attention!

A really nice scene packed with lovely details like the double-sided tiled drawbridge and the half plate steps on the tower supports. Frontpaged as well. Great stuff.

This is wonderful. I especially love your simple and clever use of small 1x2 bley plates as walls. It looks like building stones - excellent indeed

Just AWESOME 'CoolerTD' and it's those bars and trim on the windows which sell it so well.....congrat's on being front paged too ! :sweet:

Now that's two, is there a third castle in the future ?

Keep on building those castles ! :grin:

I thank all for the shown attention to my MOC.

Just AWESOME 'CoolerTD' and it's those bars and trim on the windows which sell it so well.....congrat's on being front paged too ! :sweet:

Now that's two, is there a third castle in the future ?

Keep on building those castles ! :grin:

Thanx a lot for this pleasant reply :)

One lugbulk - one castle, so waiting for the next one :wink:

Edited by CoolerTD

it is a beautifull castle you have done here!

if i have one critic to make, when the knight is talking with the ladies, on one the last pictures,

would have been nicer with some sort of windows, may be Light Gray Panel 2 x 5 x 6 (number 4444) would have looked nicer?

but hey!, no big deal, such a nice detailed castle!!

if i have one critic to make, when the knight is talking with the ladies, on one the last pictures,

would have been nicer with some sort of windows, may be Light Gray Panel 2 x 5 x 6 (number 4444) would have looked nicer?

When I worked over the castle I tried to avoid use of the big details and panels. But somewhere I had to use it because I dont have enough simple bricks and plates.

it is a beautifull castle you have done here!

but hey!, no big deal, such a nice detailed castle!!

I think the brick-built appearance of the wall behind the knight is actually quite unique, it gives realistic texture effects, and having a window there might spoil this.

Cooler TD, I love the style of this, and all the intricate brickwork; I would love to see someone attempt a church with that technique!

I would love to see someone attempt a church with that technique!

I think it would be very attractive and nice. And if still to add stained-glass windows ... mmm... made from different colour trance plate. May be some day I`ll try to do it.

If I had enough 1*2 plates I`d build the castle using only them.

Edited by CoolerTD

I do think that the drawbridge should be 'made of wood'(brown bricks). A bridge of stone would be very strong, but also very heavy to hoist :classic:

But outside of that, it's a very nice castle. I first thought it would be made of sand, but this is far more impressive :laugh:

I like the windows, the high number of arches and the telescopes for the fence. Well done.

This is fantastic!

I love your pictures first off, I'm a bit of a photography buff, and your pictures are really crisp and clean, plus I se a bit of bokeh in one and a nice use of your depth of field. :thumbup:

Then the Castle itself is awesome. IT looks really good, the double tiled drawbridge and the position of the figs, and their personable faces. Plus the exterior looks great, with an appropriatly small moat :laugh: Al is good though, it's LEGO sized.

I love it, great job!

Wow, this is certainly a very stunning castle creation! I just love the overall smoothness of the castle exteriors, as well as the fantastic details inside. What makes the presentation even better are the perpective shots that you did, so great job on the photography, and of course, the overall build CoolerTD! default_thumbup.gif

Nicely designed castle.

Love the outer wall details and the way you worked in 'crosses' on the outside, second level facade...plus the photography is excellent! Shows off your model very well.

Nice MOC, congratulations. Do you have any pictures of the guy cooking over a fire, and of the carcass skeleton outside of the walls?

MY first association was one field in game Stronghold Crusader.

Shape of you landscape simple reminds me on that.

What ever!

Your MOC is supercool.

Can you make some close-ups on the fish skeleton outside the castle?

Very cool, great job! Thats the biggest small castle I've seen :grin:

This is awesome job. Great pictures - one of the best we see on this forum. Could You share with us which lens and camera You have used? Did You used any macro lenses?

regards

Maciej