iipsa's John Deere 8270R Tractor with ILS

"[Real world] Tire overall diameter - 1930mm

Tire overall width - 710mm

Wheel overall diameter - 1080mm

LEGO solution:

Tire overall diameter - 114.0mm

Tire overall width - 53mm

Wheel overall diameter - 64mm

In order to achieve 114mm overall diameter from Power Puller tire, you have to put one 94,8 X 44R Balloon tire inside it.

Important thing is that you put container block 9 x 9 x 1 at both sides of tire between Power Puller [wheel] and 94,8 X 44R Balloon tire, and then press them using dish 8 x 8, axle 10 threaded and axle nuts.

For any comments [or] questions please contact me at iipsa@inet.hr ."

David,

actually descritiob should be like this

tire overall diameter - 1930mm

tire overall width - 710mm

wheel overall diameter - 1080mm

LEGO solution

tire overall diameter - 114.0mm

tire overall width - 53mm

wheel overall diameter - 64mm

In order to achieve 114mm overall diameter from Powerpuller tire,

you have to put one 94,8 X 44R Baloon tire inside it.

Important thing is that you put Dish 10 x 10 Inverted at both sides of tire

between powerpuller abd 94,8 X 44R Baloon tire and then press them using dish 8 x 8,

axle 10 treaded and axle nuts

Parts list:

1 part with catalogItem number 32298

1 part with catalogItem number 54120

2 parts with catalogItem number 50990

2 parts with catalogItem number 3961

1 part with catalogItem number 3737b

2 parts with catalogItem number 4698

for any commants, questions please contact me at

iipsa@inet.hr

Today, I made small updates to text file

further wheel/tire solutions will be uploaded on my brickshelf folder together with progress on my new models on which I work at the moment.

Only one thing - model on photos is 100%LEGO without any painting at all

Lego parts 41677 and 64179 ind green and 64179 in black will solve my most common problems dealing with industrial models.

enjoy

Igor

One wheel is complete - thanks! Itøs excelent!

Now iøm just waiting for parts, for wheel no. 2 :tongue:

Edited by martinnygaard

One wheel is complete - thanks! Itøs excelent!

Now iøm just waiting for parts, for wheel no. 2 :tongue:

Tomorrow new link will be active with even simpler solution without expensive and rare axles and axle nuts and tire is bigger and more narrow which is closer to real thing

Here is a link

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=498084

Igor

Can you post pics of the gearbox I want to see how can you put 16 forward and 4 reverse speeds, It is big micro technic work you have done :thumbup:.

Igor, i too am interested in how you managed to cram all of those speeds into such a small model. Please tell more! :classic:

The 16 speeds + 4 reverse will be achieved through the use of a 4+r gearbox with the output coupled to a 2nd 4 speed box, simple!

EDIT- Igor states above that this is the case....

Edited by Sam42

The 16 speeds + 4 reverse will be achieved through the use of a 4+r gearbox with the output coupled to a 2nd 4 speed box, simple!

EDIT- Igor states above that this is the case....

Oh, ok. So multiple drving rings must be engaged then. I was hoping that it was slightly more advanced than that.

So simple that I didn´t think of that :laugh:.

Oh, ok. So multiple drving rings must be engaged then. I was hoping that it was slightly more advanced than that.

Well, it's not that advanced in real life either. I don't know about this particular model, but many tractors simply have more gear-sticks. Basically, the "hi-low" range selector in many 4x4 vehicles is the same as this, but the secondary gearbox is only two-speed.

Maybe I misunderstood and I'm telling the obvious... sorry in that case.

Hi everyone,

It is a peasant surprise that you're still follow my ideas. To help you with tire solutions, you can follow this link and browse a little bit.

Under brickshelf member iipsa search for folder tires

I saw that you are interested to make tires as big as possible - so there is a idea to use 2 of those

under catalogITem on bricklink search for part number 4750

and this gear

under catalogITem on bricklink search for part number 3649

between them

within powerpuller tire to achieve overall diameter of 124mm

the reason that make this things complicate is that I've lost a account data for previous, so I use new one...

Good luck

Igor

here is a gallery of finished model

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=412852

enjoy at following weekend

Igor

Ever since I started building my forwarder with the few green parts that it has, I can really appreciate the skill it takes to build an all green moc like this. I'm having a hard time just with the little bit of green I have, so the fact that you were able to build an entire moc from green parts is really impressive. You've got some skill! :thumbup:

I love the green color scheme. i am very impressed that you managed to get so many green parts!

tim

I love the green color scheme. i am very impressed that you managed to get so many green parts!

tim

The only one green part that I could not find (my information is that LEGO does not produce it in green color) is this

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=41677

Enjoy

Igor

Love it Igor.. I have been following this model for awhile now... I am a fan of your work...

Hi Paul,

to be honest I like your cars too, but I have some news for all of you - front supersteer axle for my new project is finished. This prioject is new holland t8030 with samer tire dimensions like this one.

Kind regards

Igor

Nice wheels and colors, a lot of green you can do all the John Deere machinery pirate_thumbup.gif.

Now there is one another model - just first version with a things to improve..like 2 studs shorter tank (that hides transmission), and new green beams for front chassis part from new 42008 (if they will not be dark green)

Here is active link

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=520658

model is more realistic that 8270R

enjoy

Igor