Sign in to follow this  
kabel

Port Stinemouth

thindexedgif.gif188A

after fooling around for several month learning how to create better mocs than i did previously, my little 18th century village moc "Stinemouth" is nearing completion. I'm waiting for a final PaB order, so that I can finally finish that thing. But anyway, here's a littel teaser for you:

sscn1342.jpg

:pir-sweet:

All right, so here's the final pictures. Maybe a friendly mod can remove the "teaser" from the title, thanks.

Anyway, so here is Stinemouth:

sscn1466.jpg

Stinemouth is a peacefull coastal village at the mouth of the "Stine" river, and until recently there wasn't much going on here. However, legend has it, that the water form the village's well contains the world's best drinking water, as it is said to cure and protect from scurvy and other typical sailors' deseases

sscn1474.jpg

the locals of course know, that this is nonesense and take things easy

sscn1473.jpg

sscn1470.jpg

they surly know that mayor Johnson intruduced this rumor in order to get more trade going in their town. And so far this has worked out. Red coat ships from all over the region sail into the small harbour in order to get this misterious stuff.

sscn1465.jpg

However, as the legend spread across the borders, others now demand their share of this precious water too.

sscn1467.jpg

Will the killing of the red coat soldier drive peaceful Stinemouth into war, or will they be able to stay out of this silly rivalry between the two dominant factions?

more pics on brickshelf

Edited by kabel

Very nice Kabel! All the details look great. I really like your church. I would like to see more pics of that. keep up the good work!

:jollyroger:

That is a fantastic town! Very detailed and a great colour usage. :thumbup:

Especially the church is really nice.

I have also updated your topic title. :pir-classic:

Nice port MOC :thumbup:

I like the ship, the church and all the activity going on.

Details like a ship's wheel or swords on the walls are nice as well.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Edited by Admiral Croissant

thanks for your comments so far, it really took me a while to get this thing done and i'm actually rather proud of what i learned during the process of building this landscape, however, what do you guys think it lacks or to put it in other words, what would have to be done differently in order to play in a higher league?

@capt. stabbin: there are more pics in the brickshelf folder

Really great port town kabel, :thumbup:

I really like your buildings especially the yellow/brown one and the church.

And the use of that rope bridge is also nice.

I think the blue on the side of your moc to raise it looks a bit strange in some picture, it would have been better if you used black or some other dark color.

the Inventor

Thats a very nice port you have made there! The landscaping is nicly done and the church adds some depth and gives the scene some height variation. The other buildings are nicly done and theres plenty of great details. Its nice to see some big land based pirate mocs as there is always an abundance of ships posted. Great work!

@capt. stabbin: there are more pics in the brickshelf folder

Thanks, I can't belive I missed that! The stained glass looks great! And again, Great job.

:jollyroger:

Fantastic little port you have made there kabel! I like the buildings and the land scaping is very well done too. The little ship makes a very good dtail over there. Very good job over all, i may come to visit over there someday :pir-classic:

Captain Becker

Brilliant landscaping kabel.

The church and boat are great and the magic well looks great. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Overall a brilliant moc!!! :pir-classic:

what do you guys think it lacks or to put it in other words, what would have to be done differently in order to play in a higher league?

Bluecoats :pir-tongue:

Good MOC. Quite extreme if a person kills someone over water. :pir_laugh2: It's not like they are in a desert, but heh, there is plenty of water it seems in the MOC to quench a whole army. :pir-blush:

first of all, thanks for the blogging, I feel honored ...

@lgb: although I have a slight tendency towards blue, I'd much rather prefer to stay out of trouble and depcit the civilian aspects of the 18th century :pir-classic:

@te: well I guess a water to protect from scurvy would have been extremely valueable in those days and something worth getting a hold of by any means

Lovely little port! I like the design you used for buildings and landscape but especially the church. It really adds a nice touch! Neat! :pir-classic: