1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

index2.jpgby TheBrickster

1.jpg

Christmas arrived in the Lowlands (Netherlands) and Santa brought all the new Police set with him. I bought this set right after I heard it was already released together with some other police sets that were also brand new. The first thing I noticed was the small size of the box compared to other sets in this price range. So Lego cares about to oversized boxes?

2.jpg

Back of the box, I really like all the small pics showing some action scenes with this set. My inner child was going mad :P

6.jpg

The content of the box consist of three numbered bags. The bigger parts (the front and back piece of the helicopter) came without a special back.

7.jpg

The instructions and the sticker sheet.

13.jpg

The first bag consist of the small criminal car. It's nice to see some old classic pieces are still in use today.

11.jpg

We also get the criminal himself, with an angry smile on his head. Ofcourse he's already arrested because how else could we make such a nice picture of him?

14.jpg

The small car, nice and very fun to drive with. Also the colorscheme looks great.

15.jpg

Back of the car, here's the first sticker used as a license plate

16.jpg

But without car doors the criminal can't get inside like normal minifigs can. Poor criminal...

17.jpg

Instruction book number 2

10.jpg

The pilot of the helicopter, despite his torso has been seen already I really like it.

12.jpg

Other police officer

9.jpg

Last police officer with a new style cap

0.jpg

Once finished you get a fast, and good looking police helicopter equipped with everything you need to catch and chase criminals. On this side it has a spotlight

20.jpg

And on the other side the camera

21.jpg

back

23.jpg

Interior of the cockpit. The control pannels are printed. I like the inclusion of a cup, making it a little more realistic

22.jpg

Spinning

26.jpg

And at last the helicopter with the whole police corps, I still need to buy two police stations to make it have a proper landing pad.

Conclusion

The set is great for kids, and also good for adults.

As requested some pics of the interior

sdc18741.jpg

sdc18742.jpg

sdc18743.jpg

And a comparison between the fire and police helicopter

sdc18744.jpg

sdc18745.jpg

sdc18746.jpg

The fire helicopter seems to be heavier than the police one

Cons :thumbdown:

-Price is a little steep for this set, over here it's 30 euro

-The helicopter seems to be very similar to last years fire helicopter (but that helicopter was cool to so why not use the same formula for a police one)

-The criminal's car seems to be very similar to the blue one from the garage set a few years back

-The helicopter feels really light compared to it's size, I would prefer something more heavier but it seems you can't have everything

-Some may say that the're to many big pieces but that's just a matter of taste IMO.

Pro's :thumbup:

-4 minifigs, really generous of Lego because it seems they're geting even rare in larger sets

-Two vehicles to make a chase scene with

-Small details as the handcluffs(?)

-Really nice colorscheme

-swhoosh-able

-Fits more minifigs than the ones deliverd with this set

-It's a police helicopter, what else can you dislike about that?

So all in all it's a great and solid set. Children will love to make chase scenes with this set. And it looks great with all the other new police sets :thumbup:

Nice review. This set is very similar to 3222 of 2010, but this helicopter is a lot bigger. I'm not sure which set I prefer, but at least this set has enough police officers.

Thanks for the review! It looks like a good set that I'll definitely get when it is released here in the UK. I think that it is very similar to both 3222 and 7206. I particularly like the pickup truck in this set. :thumbup:

Well done on the review. :classic:

~buddy~

Thanks 'Brickviller' for this review, I actually like this set :sweet: and prefer it being light....easier to swoosh in the air to give chase. At least that 4 wide car has realistic wheels on it - not those chunky truck tyres ! :wink:

Even though I liked the last copter, this one though dearer by quite a bit is better....but you can land this on the top of the new police station ! :wacko:

Maybe Lego need to bring out a heliport set for the coast guard, fire, taxi and police copters to be stationed.

Keep on reviewing 'Brickviller' and I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

It should be noted that the torso used for the pilot and the guy in the cap is in fact new. While the front print has appeared in several sets, this is the first year for that torso to have back printing. That is, assuming it does have back printing-- I know other 2011 sets with that torso have back printing.

It is a bit of a shame that the little car doesn't have doors, since it looks like it could. But I'm not totally sure-- his arms might collide with the front part of the doors. Could you experiment with it and tell me whether or not doors would have been feasible? In any event, it's a gorgeous little car. Seems a bit odd for a car with a "pick-up" bed to be a four-wide, but I remember from my time in Rome that small cars with pick-up beds do exist. Gotta remember that LEGO is a European company!

Additionally, I have to applaud you for your skill at aligning stickers. I've always appreciated stickers in LEGO sets, and have never been the sort of person who feels all decorations should be printed. But you definitely have a knack for getting them on straight, as can be seen in this set and the other sets in your "lineup".

Anyway, I think this set is pretty beautiful. I'm not a City collector, but always keep a close eye on City sets because they set the standard for "real life" in LEGO. Great review!

Thanks for the review! This look to similar to the fire helicopter, but I would liek to see it next to this helicopter and 3222.

Thanks for sharing this review Brickviller! default_thumbup.gif I agree this chopper is very similar with the one in the Limousine set. Still, it's nice to see an upgraded helicopter for the police force, compared to the previous one-man police choppers.

Edited by KielDaMan

Thanks for the review! This is one of the sets that might make it to my 'buy' list, but I've been waiting for the reviews to come rolling in. Would it be possible to get a shot of the interior of the rear section of the helicopter. I seem to recall that the Fire chopper had some obstruction in the rear area.

Thanks!

* SNIP *

Hey Brickviller, waar heb je de hele gekocht dan, ik heb hem bij Intertoys nog niet op de site zien staan..tenminste niet dat ie al te koop was.....

Groeten !!

LegoSjaak

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote whole posts this big.

Nice review, but I wish you showed the rest of the inside of the helicopter. EDIT: This comment is now outdated, sorry.

Edited by mahon881

Thanks for the review! This look to similar to the fire helicopter, but I would liek to see it next to this helicopter and 3222.

Thanks for the review! This is one of the sets that might make it to my 'buy' list, but I've been waiting for the reviews to come rolling in. Would it be possible to get a shot of the interior of the rear section of the helicopter. I seem to recall that the Fire chopper had some obstruction in the rear area.

Thanks!

Nice review, but I wish you showed the rest of the inside of the helicopter.

Done and done :classic:

Hey Brickviller, waar heb je de hele gekocht dan, ik heb hem bij Intertoys nog niet op de site zien staan..tenminste niet dat ie al te koop was.....

Groeten !!

LegoSjaak

I bought it ad V&D in Utrecht, it seemed we got 15% off until the 24th of December :thumbup:

Groeten !!

LegoSjaak

Please, do not quote big posts with lots of images; it is not needed to quote the whole first post when replying in a topic.

If needed, quote short text parts.

Thank you.

Oh, and could you please try to share your thought in English, so they are accessible to the whole community? Thanks again.

You don't have a review of the new police mobile command centre do you? and great review :classic:

You don't have a review of the new police mobile command centre do you? and great review :classic:

No I don't or at least not yet, I don't know if I make a review of that one because I've already build it so I need to take it all apart again.

Thank you very much for this great review, Brickviller! :classic:

I voted for

average.

Pro:

-excellent looking police helicopter :thumbup:

-additional car for more playability and action

Con:

-no car doors in the pick-up :thumbdown:

-unfitting color for the pick-up (why not blue, black or grey?!)

-much too expensive set

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Great review 'Brickviller' :thumbup: This set looks pretty good. I am still debating on buying these larger aircraft. I have plenty of 4 wide fuselages but, no six wides yet. Seeing this really makes me want to get them! :classic: