Sign in to follow this  
Evil Willy

Red guards and blue guards battle it out

Pretty nice, but it could use a background. Although I have to know where you got the red epaulets, I could use some *pirate*

Norro you say this isnt a MOC, but I never stated it was...I said red gaurds and blue gaurds battle it out. Not Battle MOC. So really I know this isnt a MOC.

I know you know etc... X-D All I mean is that lets have more MOCs. In the time it takes to do a fig display and take pics you could easily build something worth sharing!

God Bless,

Nathan

Ahh yes...well then I just might take pictures of a few things I have a round here somewhere... And Darth_ewok...The red epaulettes come from Blue imperial gaurds. I have about 10+ of them but use them all so they are not up for trade sorry. Im sure you could find some on Bricklink

Mr.Phes, what I meant by "purists" is that there are people out there who don't like modifying their Lego pieces. They use what are made available to them through Lego's official releases. I rarely do decals, but that's it. I love to keep my Lego as genuine as possible so with what Lego offers to us, blue-french red-british seems to be the best choice for purist people that are after historical accuracy. I hope this clears everything :-)

Thank you Mr Scnicker, your explaination of "purist" has explained exactly what you mean and I understand where you're coming. I am somewhat of a purist myself, however, it appears The LEGO Company is not going to satisfy my appetite for a SYSTEM Pirate LEGO theme in the near future so I'm starting to feel I need to take matters into my own hands. I have plenty of red and blue coat Imperial Guards so I won't be needed to "simulate" their design, however if I wanted to create a new sub-theme, like French for example, then perhaps I'd design a custom torso so they are easily distinguishable from the blue coat Imperial Guards.

Anyway Mr Dreamweb, have you seen Imperial John's thread, Men of the Imperial Order?

Aye, I have, they look great, but what I mean is it's more inventive to make completely new custom torsos than just replicas of original torsos, and it results in greater diversity for your minifigs and makes them more unique!

Making custom torso's is a great idea, master mister Phes, making ithem histoticaly accurate would give our mocs something extra, maybe some real effect like Evil Willy's Sails.

You don't have to cross out Master, Mr Tole. Its a perfectly acceptable thing to call me! :-D

Aye, I have, they look great, but what I mean is it's more inventive to make completely new custom torsos than just replicas of original torsos, and it results in greater diversity for your minifigs and makes them more unique!

I agree, creating completely new custom torsos is the way to go, however, if you're short of Imperial Guards this may be a cost effect I've method of building an army - unless you live in the vicinity of Belgium and France where they're dirt cheap on eBay.