Teazza

MOC: Space shuttle crawler transporter and launch complex

Hi everybody, as I wrote on the presentation sub-forum, here is my best and newest MOC.

It is the space shuttle crawler transporter with the launch complex tower.

Please find here some pictures:

crawler_transporter_3.jpg

crawler_transporter_2.jpg

crawler_transporter_4.jpg

crawler_transporter_1.jpg

launch1.jpg

launch3.jpg

You can find the complete galleries here:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/240250

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=453880

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/240254

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=453882

Let me know what you think about it, suggestion, ideas, defects, all...

Bye

Edited by Teazza

Great work! I started building a crawler for my shuttle over the summer. It's not as nice as yours. :classic:

About time someone made one of these! I myself tried to make one of these on LDD shortly after the Shuttle Adventure came out, but I quickly gave up and just hoped someone else would make one. And suddenly, here's yours!

Love the level of detail. Now all I need to do is find a way to make a Shuttle Carrier Aircraft for either the Adventure or the new 2011 shuttle...

Very nice :thumbup:. I love how its so big. Does it have pf?

Up to now it has no pf, but my project is to motorize it, but I think I need sevral motors, maybe 2 XL or 4 M motor.

Anyhow if I'll upgrade it with motors I'll post a video!

Wow! That's a great one.

Really well thought out and realized.

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: Spelling (as usual).

Edited by mathias

OMG !

First we see, the AWESOME transporter.....then the launch pad.....jaw drops ! *oh2*

A totally AWESOME design with mega detail 'Teazza', you have built an original creation that I feel many will want to copy for maybe even the new city space shuttle.

I'm a conformist! 'Tezza' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

This is simply stunning! Looks even better the first time I saw it in your Intro topic. My hats off to you Teazza for this magnificent massive creation. default_thumbup.gif This is one of those builds that TLG will not make and we have skilled builders like you to thank for to be able to see how a real brickbuild crawler transporter and launch complex looks like.

Teazza: this is quite impressive. Thank you for sharing.

We do have an image size limit of 800x600 here on EB though. I would appreciate if you could resize your images. Much appreciated.

We do have an image size limit of 800x600 here on EB though. I would appreciate if you could resize your images. Much appreciated.

Done! thank you for the information, next times I'll use this dimensions!

Great MOC! The size and the level of detail of it are very impressive. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

crawler_transporter_4.jpg

launch1.jpg

This is a great MOC! I reall like the crawler! For it's scale it looks very realistic and very close to the real thing. Also the servicing tower is great, but I think it still has some room for improvment! Go on :thumbup:, looking forward to see the completed center.

One remark though, there should be some holes in the platform to allow the exhaust gases exit.

With the new City space sets out, you've got them a perfect home, now, just build the computer room and the other stuff that helps the spaceship from earth, stick a couple of fireworks in the bottom of that shuttle and you'd have your own multi dollar (:grin:)space programme. :laugh::grin:

If it had the hole in the center, the crawler transporter would be perfect: way better than I could ever do. The launch complex is a little less impressive IMO, but only because I don't really like how the colors are arranged. A more purely red structure with gray and white accents (for walkways and the like) would please me a lot better. It's wonderfully accurate, though.

If it had the hole in the center, the crawler transporter would be perfect: ...

It has! I modified it in the last week, now there's the center hole as in the real one.

I hope to put new pictures in the next weeks.

This is very nice transporter and launch complex, I love details and here they are amazing! How long it took from you to build this amazing thing! Thanks, good work! :thumbup:

To. Die. For. *oh2*

Reminds me of Crawler Town by DeGobbi, but at least this is realistic. I forgot that there was such a vehicle in real life!

Edited by slopemodified