Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

REVIEW: 30062 Target Practice

On a scale of 1 to 5  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor (missed the target completely)
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding (Bullseye!)

indexed.gif

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Introducing LEGO Kingdoms most recent 2010/2011 set, 30062 Target Practice. I was surprised to find this little poly-bag set at my local Target while in line at the register.

01.jpg

Set Number: 30062

Set Name: Target Practice (from Brickipedia)

Theme: Castle

Sub-Theme: Kingdoms

Piece Count: 31

Price: $3.99 (USD)

Purchased At: Target

Minifigs: 1

I was equally surprised to find that a Free Child Ticket for Legoland California is included on the backside of the bag. It expires 12/31/11.

02.jpg

The instructions, like other poly-bag sets, are rather small:

03.jpg

The set includes a nice useful collection of 31 small pieces:

04.jpg

Got to love the Kingdoms Archer that will make a nice sentry for 7946 King's Castle:

05.jpg

Two spears and a crossbow are included for weapons. A crate makes the perfect storage container:

06.jpg

This archer eats well with a flame-grilled chicken cooking on a campfire. LEGO seems to love the chicken piece. How about a steak for the real carnivores?

07.jpg

The main build in this set is a little apple tree with target:

08.jpg

I didn't realize that one could attach the apples to the tree pieces in this manner. I'm also thinking, "Now this is what the Creator AppleTree House needed.

The target plate is attached with a hook to allow the traget to lift upward or downward:

09.jpg

This side image shows the design a little better:

10.jpg

Extra pieces include a hook and a flame:

11.jpg

Here is the completed set:

12.jpg

THOUGHTS

For a mere $3.99 (USD), this is a great little set. Just when I had all but forgotten Kingdoms, I find this. Although I like the Green Army better than the Reds, an archer is quite useful to a castle tower or even some forest adventure scenes. This set would also go very well with a few Forestmen from the Series 1 Minifigure collection.

I find the collection of accessories quite useful, although I wouldn't personally use the set as an army builder with just one minifig. Target Practice also provides a nice taste of the theme for those not into Kingdoms. Now I need to find 30061 which I never saw in stores.

Hope you enjoy the review - nothing fancy, but a quick and dirty look at a neat little set. :thumbup:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed!

This is great! Lots of weapons, food, and a cool mini model. IMO, this is the best polybag in a long time :thumbup:

This is a great little set. For four bucks, can't go wrong with the pieces. Thanks for the Review too, this one will be tough to pass up. Love the apple pieces.

This looks like a really useful set for what it costs. Tree pieces are always good! It's kind of annoying that there isn't a similar set with a Dragon soldier, though, since as we all know the Lions outnumber the Dragons already. Also, really this guy is not an archer, but a crossbowman. Not that it's that big a deal, but I keep getting excited to see that a certain set includes an "archer", only to find the same old crossbow piece.

So this set did turn up at last! I like it a lot as it shows the current line's broader emphasis. It is not all about the fighting. I like the tree and the accessories. Hope it turns up in Europe as well!

Thanks 'The Brickster' for this review, nice little set....a stack of those would support an army wouldn't they eh ? :grin:

The target is very clever indeed, but two spears....no sword....it's about time for a pike pole isn't it ! :devil:

Hope these make it to Oz somehow.....anyway, keep on shooting those arrows ! :wink:

I was at Target a little while ago (got a Wampa Cave... one of those sets that I felt was way over priced, but $27 is quite good) and did not see any of these. I'm wondering where you're located, brickster... is this another case of West Coast getting stuff before East Coast?

I'm wondering where you're located, brickster... is this another case of West Coast getting stuff before East Coast?

I always thought the opposite (East to West). I know that not all Targets have them, at least in my City. You do have better odds of finding them at larger Target stores. Good luck.

This looks like a fantastic little set! Great pieces, especially for a set so small! I will definitely buy multiples if I see it (I hope I do! :classic:)

Thanks for the review! :classic::)

-Derek

I always thought the opposite (East to West). I know that not all Targets have them, at least in my City. You do have better odds of finding them at larger Target stores. Good luck.

The series 3 minifigures have brought out certain information about cargo arriving in CA and then spreading east, but it may just be for Chinese made items.

I'll take a look at another one. It would probably have helped if I was actually looking out for it.

Aw lucky.

I just bought a 7939 Cargo Train at my local Toys R' Us and at the bottom I found a 30005 Imperial Speeder Bike.

I need more soldiers and weapons for an upcoming project that I might post(Once I get my camera fixed, and I already have enough Stormtroopers for battle.

Still, I find it kind of funny replacing all the cargo with Star Wars items. :sceptic:

This is great! Lots of weapons, food, and a cool mini model. IMO, this is the best polybag in a long time :thumbup:

greed, it's a lot of good pieces for the price, plus it would be ideal for armies. :thumbup:

Nice review Brickster, you covered all the main points like usual!

Target.. I wonder they have online sales.

Edited by clouette

Great polybag set!

Thanks for the review!

I really hope this one makes its way to Canada. We don't seem to get a lot of them up here but, we DID get a pretty good spread of the old 'defence archer' set, so we MIGHT get lucky with this one. *fingers crossed*

Thanks for a great review of a great set. I probably want this set more than I've wanted any polybag set to date. The great minifig, crossbow and quiver, two spears, chicken leg, two apples, this set is useful on so many levels. As a City collector I'd pick this up just for the LEGO food, but since my kids are now into Kingdom as well this set is perfect. Hopefully it shows up here soon, so far all I keep seeing are those Fire helicopters and Toy Story Jeeps.

Great review! I like this set, especially the minifig included in it. It's a shame that it is not available here in the UK.

Very well done on the review. :classic:

~buddy~