Sign in to follow this  
prateek

Impulses

I've been wondering for the past few weeks now. Where are the impulses for 2011? All the new lines only have small $4.99 USD/$6.99 CAD sets, instead of the $3.99 USD/$4.99 CAD impulses. Has Lego replaced them with these slightly bigger sets? Or is Lego doing a really good job at hiding them until 2011 actually begins?

Discuss!

They'll probably come in the second half of 2011.

I really doubt Lego has managed to keep them a secret with all of the retailer catalogues floating around, and all. It is strange though.

I think these 'bigger impulse' sets might have replaced the previous smaller ones. I see no sense why they would release two impulse sets with only slight difference in size. Anyway these new bigger impulse sets ain't that bad at all, the $1 increase justifies the additional parts included in the sets.

I think these 'bigger impulse' sets might have replaced the previous smaller ones. I see no sense why they would release two impulse sets with only slight difference in size. Anyway these new bigger impulse sets ain't that bad at all, the $1 increase justifies the additional parts included in the sets.

They've run both sizes in the past: The traveller/farmer/wizard/chef etc together with small car for example.

There is room for both on the market

Do we usuallly know about the impulses this far in advance? I honestly don't recall from years past if we do or not. I'm reasonably certain the bagged sets haven't been in retailer books in the past. As for the $5 sets, I am hopeful it means we will sets like this again for the Castle/Kingdoms line in the second half of the year.

It's my guess that the Collectable Minifigs have somewhat taken the place of Impuse sets, after all, the idea behind it is relitively the same :classic:

It's my guess that the Collectable Minifigs have somewhat taken the place of Impuse sets, after all, the idea behind it is relitively the same :classic:

This seems like a very plausable answer, although I hope it's not true.

Does my memory deceive me, or do the year's small impulse sets not come out until the summer/fall waves anyway? default_look.gif

Does my memory deceive me, or do the year's small impulse sets not come out until the summer/fall waves anyway? default_look.gif

No, I picked up the Traveller (7567) a year ago this week at Toys R Us, and posted the first review on Brickset that night (which 5/10 people don't like). :cry_sad:

Edited by meyerc13

Well with 3 sets of collectble figures lined up for next year, wouldn't more Impulses be extravegant? I mean, who needs more than 48 Different single figures in a year? It may happen, But I'd say it's unlikely IMO :wink:

Well with 3 sets of collectble figures lined up for next year, wouldn't more Impulses be extravegant? I mean, who needs more than 48 Different single figures in a year? It may happen, But I'd say it's unlikely IMO :wink:

Well, I use some of the impulses for army building or to get some part or another that is in them in real numbers. So, for me, the more variety the better.

Come to think of it, I think impulses have been replaced by those small polybag sets. They're the same price with similar contents, but only available in Target or TRU :sceptic:

Come to think of it, I think impulses have been replaced by those small polybag sets. They're the same price with similar contents, but only available in Target or TRU :sceptic:

The only impulse for 2010 that I know is #2516 Ninja outpost. And there is also the 6-7 dollar ninja set too. :sceptic:

S@H and LLC have started carrying some of them, too.

Looking at the back of 7498's instructions, I think the new Moon Buggy loks like an Impulse but, it might just be my eyes.

I would be really surprised if there wasn't a single City impulse in a whole year, so you're probably right.

But these sets (Ninja Outpost, Moon Buggy) are $4.99 USD/$6.99 CAD sets, which aren't impulses. In previous years, these sets coexisted with impulses, but not anymore. I'm not angry that the impulses have disappeared, but I am frustrated that the polybag sets aren't available everywhere.