Sign in to follow this  
soundwave_sw

Winter Village: Ski Cabin

winter_village_cabin_wip.jpg

My entry is a log style ski cabin. It is approx 800 pieces with 7 minifigures and light brick.

Included are a Charity Santa, ice & snow Sculptures, snowboarder, Skier, and child with sled.

winter_cabin_inside.jpgwinter_cabin_lighted_fireplace.jpg

winter_cabin_side.jpg

winter_village.png

winter_village_scene.jpg

winter_2010_088.jpg

Edited by soundwave_sw

You don't copy your file directiory in your C Drive directly into here. You will need to host your image in a image hosting website such as Brickshelf or Flickr. From there, you will need to deeplink into Eurobricks and at the same time, making sure it is within acceptable size limits (800 x 600) or less.

Refer to the tutorials index for assistance.

thanks i am trying to link to flickr but i think they are too big.

stay tuned

Then, use existing software such as Paint in your windows or free-ware photo editing program to aid in your resizing.

In addition, please don't treat Eurobricks as a chat board. Do use proper capitalisation for your comments when you post in Eurobricks topic. It is rather annoying for me and others to read comments in similar chat message style format.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

That's a cool modern fireplace.

Nice touch to convert to gif to give the impression that it's snowing, eh.

I find this could easily be another addition idea for 2011 - it fits the concept very well and looks excellent. Well done.

:thumbup:

Quite a nice work on the center fireplace inside. Just a question though, is the grainy-ness of the first photo intentional? For a snowing effect I assume? Anyway, good job on this and best of luck in the contest soundwave_sw! :thumbup:

Very nice. I especially like the rustic look of the interior with the fireplace. I'm a sucker for log cabins. :thumbup:

EDIT: Oh, and I just noticed the sideways log bricks - great design.

That is extremely nice! I especially like the sleigh...I wish I could be there right now. :thumbup:

Great to see you finally figured out on how to deeplink. :thumbup:

Nice entry and I like how the owner is clearing its path to his entrance. :laugh:

Good luck.

I love your ski cabin! It looks great! My favorite part is the sledder falling off in the background of the s2 skier and s3 snowboarder.

This is probably one of my three favorites so far! Love the fireplace, the boy sledding, the shoveler, the Santa...

The one part that looks odd to me is the uneven roof line... but all of the little details really make this MOC shine!

Great entry! It is very highly-detailed. I particularly like the usage of the collectable minifigures. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Thank you for the comments. The overhang on the roof was intentional to give it a different shape. The fuzzy picture was not intentional. I have re edited the picture to clean it up. I was tempted to do a stone and brick fire place/chimney. I decided to make mine different to stand out. I never thought I would have much use for the winter themed collectable figs. I just wish the skiis and ski poles wern't white. I Cant' wait for the ice skates in series 4. :sweet:

Great work here soundwave_sw! The interior is really nice! I also really like the minifig shoveling in front, very cool!

Very nice Chalet! I like that it's on a hill, which gives it a mountainous feel. The icicles are nice, as is the sled, and surprisingly, it looks really nice in your winter town. I've was having second thoughts because of the hill, but your last picture put those doubts to rest :thumbup: