Sign in to follow this  
car_mp

Shinkai 6500

The first Cuusoo set for the Japanese market have been presented at Spanish AFOLS Event Hispabrick 2010

p1020767.jpg

Very interesting! Was there any information about the marketing and availability of this set? The Lego Cuusoo website doesn't mention any set currently in production, so I suppose it's not yet publicly available.

I think that next february will be available in the Japanese market but this isn't a confirmed information.

I saw the set "in direct" in Hispabrick 2010. It seems it is a limited edition ultra-special for Japan, and I think it is 1000 or 2000 units only, so a highly collectible.

In my opinion it is no so big, around 300 pieces, but that is my estimation

Edited by fff

This is quite interesting, this is actually the first time I've heard of country-exclusive limited edition 'sets'. How come only Japan has this and not the other countries? (especially the more prominent ones). Just curious. :look:

This is quite interesting, this is actually the first time I've heard of country-exclusive limited edition 'sets'. How come only Japan has this and not the other countries? (especially the more prominent ones). Just curious. :look:

Have a read of those two topics, they discuss the Cuusoo concept: here and here! Basically it's a concept initiated in Japan, but I see no reason why this couldn't be mail ordered from other countries.

Have a read of those two topics, they discuss the Cuusoo concept: here and here! Basically it's a concept initiated in Japan, but I see no reason why this couldn't be mail ordered from other countries.

Thanks Fugazi for the enlightenment! Now I know what Lego Cuusoo is all about. So this Shinkai 6500 is the first 'set' t be made from the Lego Cuusoo concept? Great job then by the Japanese for rallying 1,000+ pledges. Now it would be truly intersting to see if EB members could produce a set through this Lego Cuusoo.

Now it would be truly intersting to see if EB members could produce a set through this Lego Cuusoo.

I would love for that to happen! If any of you are interested or have model suggestions please feel free to share them in one of the two threads mentioned above. There are already a few great Technic models created by EB members up on Cuusoo waiting for more supporters.

The only aspect that is not obvious to me is the cost of the final product -- I suppose it may be aligned with DesignByMe model pricing, but it's just conjecture. I look forward to the unveiling of the marketing details for the first set, Shinkai 6500.

Well, I'll try to do it, but you can always use google translator :grin: ...

I guess you are right, but the results are not always that good - and it look nicer if it is written as a posted review. :classic:

Fascinating, too bad they wouldn't do something like that in the US :sceptic:

Seems a tad small

That's probably a good thing.

It seems fairy reproduce-able if we find the instructions, except for the orange wing. For such a nice set. I just need to find a lot of white bricks...

Edited by vexorian

I have added official HR images to my Brickshelf gallery

a_21100_box_front_small.jpg

Enjoy :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by grogall

Really great review. I would really like to own this set. Keeping my fingers crossed for a US release.