Kendo

BARC speeder

So , it is some time since I last posted a moc , but I 've worked on this in the small amount of time I have every day . As the title suggests , it is one of the most popular speeders in the SW universe , the republic BARC speeder . I don't have anything important to say , except from that I will appreciate any comment provided that it is helpful ,so here are the pics .

5238760352_886c5a3bf7_z.jpg

5238166133_07b8d073c7_z.jpg

Finally , can someone tell me how do we move up the ranks ( citizen , count etc )?

'maker

Edited by Stash2Sixx
Added pics instead of links

Well done Troopmaker, that speeder is a big improvement on TLG design, I like the back and front, but not so sure about the beam down the middle, a bit to high and thick, but still a good job.

On the ranks point 100 posts is citizen 500 is knight 1000 is count etc

Thanks for your comments mr Man and Meyerc , and about what you said about the beam mr Man , I think I 'm going to do a v2 to improve this detail ( cool sig  by the way ). Finally , I made it before seeing the new 2010 TLG one ( if that is the set you were refering to ) . Keep commenting !

<div>'maker</div>

Edited by Troopmaker

Nice job, and congats on tackling this difficult speeder. The back looks good, but a little fat (This is something every BARC MOCer struggles with). Its hard to get the blasters,engines, and armor panels right without making it about 6 studs length wide. The slope a the very back is a little long as well, it is the right shape though. The beam down the front it to big, you might be better off using only the 1x6 smooth piece that's on top the 1x8, and removing the 1x8 studded piece altogether. The very front looks great though as well as the engines as the back. Hope i haven't offended you, I'll be posting one of these soon too, so feel free to bombard it with criticisms :laugh: . Will we see a second version? Great job :thumbup: I&#39;m a conformist&#33;!

Nice work on this BARC Troopmaker! I really like the smoothness of the whole speeder, but I hope you don't mind I do have a few criticisms. Like what Doc said, I think it's a bit too long, especially on the front part, maybe a 1-2 studs decrease in length will do it. The rear part is quite ok, but do I see only a single 1x4 sloped brick? I can't see the other side so I hope there's two to make it a complete curved part. But I do like the simple mods you did to Cody, I was actually thinking doing the same customization that you did with mine - orange visor, antenna for both the visor and the shoulder.

do I see only a single 1x4 sloped brick? I can't see the other side so I hope there's two to make it a complete curved part.

Nah, I see a slight curve towards the other side, and I'm pretty sure the base of the speeder is 2-wide, so I'd say it's completely curved:

5238760352_886c5a3bf7_z.jpg

Edited by Brickdoctor

Thanks for the C@C everyone ! I just feel honoured that my mocs are seen by so many great builders . Look at that , Doc and Kiel commenting on my mocs ( not that masked builder or brickartist aren't AWESOME builders ) ? Cool ! Also ,replying to your questions , there is a curve on the other side, and I am probably making a part 2 . Keep commenting , every single post was a tone helpful !

Edited by Troopmaker

I am not as critical about the front beam section, I think it looks pretty good actually. The overall design looks smoother to me. Great work.

I like your Cody fig as well, how did you make the aerial on the arm.

(Edit:142nd post yey)

Edited by Mr Man

Looks very nice, although a little big for a fig. But its pretty accurate and smooth. On the other hand, your Cody looks awesome. It's great to have another customizer :classic:

Great job :thumbup:

Better than any TLC version I've seen.

It is a touch long. Maybe the back curved brick could be a bit higher. and may I suggest replacing the hammer with the black harpoon piece (if you have it)

Still, great job

Yes, a bit too large. I think that with small vehicles where the minifigure is clearly visible, it is imperative that you get the scale as close to correct as possible.

Yay , a second page ! Thanks for all the comments again ! For those of you who want to customise your CODY , I 'm going to add something I think you should add too . I'm thinking of gluing a floodlight on the visor . Also , notice that my CODY's visor has rounded angles , a detail which I am personally fond of

Edit : v2 coming soon !

Edited by Troopmaker

Love the smoothness and aerodynamics of this MOC.

The BARC speeder would have to be my favorite type of speeder in the SW movies, and this is a really nice version of it! :thumbup:

CF

BARC SPEEDER V 2.0

With the help of your C@C I made soe modifications I think you 're going to like ( although Cody has't been changed at all yet ). With no delay , here are the pics :

Barc speeder V 2.0

front engine : Barc speeder V 2.0 ( front engine )

more ( ok , 1 more picture , which is preety crap ) in the photostream .

Troopmaker

Uhm, care to elaborate more on the modifications that you did in the second version? I can't seem to figure out the difference of this and the first version, except for the change in dark red tile in front.

The front looks better now with the smooth tile, but I can't spot anything else updated.

Keep it up though and looking forward to more mocs from you! :sweet:

CF

Edited by CommanderFox

@ Commander Fox : Thanks for your comment ! I am working on a new moc right now , but I 'm not revealling anything

@ Kiel : Yeah , I knew somebody was going to say that .... the front 1x8 tile had a regular 1x8 under it , making it higher , a thing which many ( including me ) disliked , so now there is only the tile . Also the black 1x3 curve was a stud lower , so I put an 1x1 so that it is in the same level with the white 1x4 curves . Finally above the piece where the white droid arms are connected with , there were two of those 1x2 white bricks looking like fangs . They were replaced by a regular 1x2 . The mods are few and very small , but I like the new version much more than V1.

Keep commenting !!!

Troopmaker

@ Commander Fox : Thanks for your comment ! I am working on a new moc right now , but I 'm not revealling anything

Your welcome!

Looking forward to it! :sweet:

CF

I'm going to have to agree and say I don't see much of a change, even with you describing the mods. For a major change, the first thing I'd do would be to shorten the front to 6 studs or shorter.