Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

TRU Ninjago release event

I saw this at TRU yesterday.

You get a sword holder and gold sword. Pretty cool. How does one get passed the "for children only" issue?

You also get a headband and sticker.

ninjago.jpg

You bring a child with you :wink:

That ninjago plate look quite cool to bad it looks like it US only :sad:

Also this was mentioned in the ninjago thread and it looks like the plate at the back clips into what is now considered a illegal technique

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

This is something I was hoping to go to but now it looks like I'll have to figure something out to get around the "Children only" part. Myabe you read it wrong. :grin:

Also this was mentioned in the ninjago thread and it looks like the plate at the back clips into what is now considered a illegal technique

I don't think so. Just two headlights lying on jumper plates and the decorated plate sticks to their bottoms.

Edited by Corydoras

I want whatever they give away! :grin:

Anyone manages to get something, let me know... :wink:

I'm going for sure even though the closest TRU is 30 min. away.

BEHOLD! the ninjago sword holder in LDD!

lddscreenshot7.png

Oh, and how do you pronounce Ninjago, my friend says [nin-jah-go] but is it really just [ninja-go]

EDIT: -Updated picture to be more like above image

-changed pronunciation brackets to have dashes between sounds

Edited by shadowreaperx

I want whatever they give away! :grin:

Anyone manages to get something, let me know... :wink:

Haha, thats exctly what I was thinking but it's funnier to read you say it.

The sword holder is cute.

Hopefully this will not be like the last time they had an event at TRU, where all of the parents were staring at me. Their expressions were like: "You play with LEGO?" :look:

Edited by The Soup Nazi

Hopefully this will not be like the last time they had an event at TRU, where all of the parents were staring at me. Their expressions were like: "You play with LEGO?" :look:

Don't cave to that! This is the chance to stand up for what you believe in! The next time an adult asks "You play with LEGO?", just answer with "You don't?"

Don't cave to that! This is the chance to stand up for what you believe in! The next time an adult asks "You play with LEGO?", just answer with "You don't?"

I actually told them off! :laugh:

I putting money on it that the NinjaGo piece is going to be a sticker.

If I didn't have final exams to study for this weekend, I would certainly attend this event, no matter how the workers or parents react. Technically, there's no upper limit to the age of participants after all.

I putting money on it that the NinjaGo piece is going to be a sticker.

From the lack of sheen around the logo in the picture, it might actually be a printed tile made spedifically for this event! :cry_happy:

If it turns out it is, that might be far better! Also, who can resist the new katana design in GOLD?

you know I almost did when I was in TRU on the lego aisle :laugh: - bright eyed kid runs up to the atlantis display "that's what I want for christmas: Legos!"

the mom walks by and dryly/sarcastically/maliciously says "oh great, more stuff for me to step on"

my jaw dropped in disbelief as I think "that poor little guy. that cranky ol grinch of a mom"

the dad says "no no buddy, what you want is transformers"

and they all walk off.

it's a hilarious story but what kinda parents deprive a kid of lego? :laugh:

From the lack of sheen around the logo in the picture, it might actually be a printed tile made spedifically for this event! :cry_happy:

I felt pretty sure it's meant to be a printed tile when I saw it. That's part of why I got all excited about it and posted it in the Ninjago topic (credit to me. :tongue: )

If I didn't have final exams to study for this weekend, I would certainly attend this event, no matter how the workers or parents react. Technically, there's no upper limit to the age of participants after all.

"Event intended for children..." :wink: Yes I noticed that, and by all means, get 'em on the technicality. You can't send somebody in your place? (good luck on finals btw. everybody around here is finishing them this week)

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

REMEMBER: If you are in the u.s., the event tomorrow!

I went and waited about an hour, the toys r us employees told me it was being rescheduled but they didn't know to when - is that universally true or just for my TRU and Lego representative?

I went and waited about an hour, the toys r us employees told me it was being rescheduled but they didn't know to when - is that universally true or just for my TRU and Lego representative?

The one in my area had it today. the lady gave me a few extra sets at the end of the event. they also had samples of the spinners but none of us could figure out how it worked. the base seemed awfully heavy, are they supposed to spin free hand or is there some sort of mechanics to it?

The one in my area had it today. the lady gave me a few extra sets at the end of the event. they also had samples of the spinners but none of us could figure out how it worked. the base seemed awfully heavy, are they supposed to spin free hand or is there some sort of mechanics to it?

Somebody linked to the instructions a while back but I'm sure it's down now - it's free hand, just a simple one hand on either side and push in opposite directions. I really really need to figure out when it's been rescheduled to around me because I don't wanna miss out on my freebies.

How is the little sword stand? Is the tile printed or stickered? And in case I miss it, are you really attached to your extras? :laugh:

Somebody linked to the instructions a while back but I'm sure it's down now - it's free hand, just a simple one hand on either side and push in opposite directions. I really really need to figure out when it's been rescheduled to around me because I don't wanna miss out on my freebies.

How is the little sword stand? Is the tile printed or stickered? And in case I miss it, are you really attached to your extras? :laugh:

not much to the stand. the stand is a sticker but it is pre-applied. I learned to go toward the end of the event, you usually can score an couple extras if your nice. I had my son with me today so that helped I'm sure.

It's a sticker... I was right! :tongue:

5252858512_8e701916eb.jpg

Lego Ninjago promotion by mxcrnz, on Flickr

haha, yeah yeah :blush:

still pretty decent though, and I'll be trying to get one

And thanks for the tip, Mike. I'd gone today with my 5 year old baby sister, but since the event was put off I might have to take her back :wink: Just concerned about how I'll know when they're actually gonna do it. I guess I'll start calling my TRU daily :hmpf:

So, you mean there is a practical use for sons? I gotta consider getting one :laugh:

The sticker is probably beneficial this time because the logo is an advert, this way you can use the piece for something other than advertising ninjago.

A little late, but I scored 2 sword holders, a headband, and a few stickers, All without a kid with me.

Aww, too bad I didn't know about this. I was at TRU yesterday, I would've stuck around and gotten that sweet gold katana.

Hmm... so in that picture the sword is the octagonal-hilt style, even though on the poster in the first post it is square. Can anybody else who went to the event and got a sword holder say if they got square or octagonal hilts?