Yatkuu

[MOC] Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors - Armed Force

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Even though they stole most of their ideas from Star Wars... to me "Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors" is one of the best animated TV show from the 80's.

The one thing that made this show so good is the vehicles... if you have never heard of this you should go check it out on youtube (either in English or in French "Jayce et les Monstroplantes")

1.jpg

The name of this vehicle is "Armed Force", it's the vehicle of the main hero "Jayce".

It can fit 2 characters, Jayce ans his little friend "Oon" who's a sort of medieval style robot (if I'm not mistaken) that carries around a supposably magical spear!

The grappling arm can be lifted to open the cockpit.

2.jpg

Close up of the figs. For Jayce I used the torso of the Lego SW encyclopedia Luke special... which is a good match as Jayce is carrying a pendant that holds a magic root.

3.jpg

Close up of the cockpit.

4.jpg

Side view.

5.jpg

I'm really happy with this MOC, I think it is very close to the original.

I hope you like it!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I'm not familiar with the cartoon, but I think you did a pretty good job on this monster vehicle. Any reference photo of the real vehicle for comparison purposes?

Very nice! I agree, the vehicles were very good. I watched the show a few times when in college. :blush:

I'm not familiar with the cartoon, but I think you did a pretty good job on this monster vehicle. Any reference photo of the real vehicle for comparison purposes?

I say just google "Jacye and the wheeled warriors armed force", and see what pics they have.

There are not so many ressources on the web for this show, here is decent a picture for comparison purpose.

jayce.jpg

Oh yea, I saw this cartoon around 1987 on Sky Channel (in the Fun Factory)