Primusman

Lego Licensed Photography Thread

The lighting in this shot is outstanding. Absolutely love it.

Thanks. I'm still not 100% with the amount of fill light inside the room (a flash fired through of all things a clear plastic box on top of a sheet of white paper, both sat on top of the room's wall). I spent ages tweaking it ups and down but never got it exactly right.

Thanks. I'm still not 100% with the amount of fill light inside the room (a flash fired through of all things a clear plastic box on top of a sheet of white paper, both sat on top of the room's wall). I spent ages tweaking it ups and down but never got it exactly right.

So that was taken with a flash, and not a stationary light? Was it shot through an orange plastic box?

I think you captured that light dusk feel perfectly.

So that was taken with a flash, and not a stationary light? Was it shot through an orange plastic box?

I think you captured that light dusk feel perfectly.

Basically, there's a flashgun with an orange gel just to the left and behind the room firing at the wall in the background causing the gradient from bright to dark (the skyline was added in Photoshop). Then on top of the room (which has no roof) there's first a piece of white printer paper to act as a diffuser to spread the light out a little, and on top of that is a transparent plastic box, just there to act as a spacer between the paper and the flash. The flash itself is balanced on the flash tube pointing down with a slight blue gel.

You could do the same thing with continuous lights (tungsten, LED, whatever), I just used flash because it's what I have and also it means I don't have to use a tripod.

My last work:

8686635625_0179ca5cc0_c.jpg

EXIF:

Nikon D800 + Tamron 60mm f2

1/10

f/5.6

ISO 100

No flash

White balance in 5000ºK

I hope you like it! :grin:

Edited by Linko

Basically, there's a flashgun with an orange gel just to the left and behind the room firing at the wall in the background causing the gradient from bright to dark (the skyline was added in Photoshop). Then on top of the room (which has no roof) there's first a piece of white printer paper to act as a diffuser to spread the light out a little, and on top of that is a transparent plastic box, just there to act as a spacer between the paper and the flash. The flash itself is balanced on the flash tube pointing down with a slight blue gel.

You could do the same thing with continuous lights (tungsten, LED, whatever), I just used flash because it's what I have and also it means I don't have to use a tripod.

Ahh. So two light sources, correct? Thanks for the explanation! I am shocked the background was added in post. Totally fooled me. I assumed the skyline was cut out of black paper, and mounted to another sheet of orange or white paper and used as a backdrop.

Edited by kibosh

I'm hoping that this is okay since none of these are straight from Lego (Sorry, don't exactly love the peach skinned 'figs), but I liked the shot and it's technically a licensed theme...

8933362864_f4fab80cca_c.jpg

Also

8932738753_54cc828732_c.jpg

Though I do wish Hawkeye had been turned in a bit more..

Just an attempt at recreating the Jor El character poster image from Man of Steel with the official figure of jor el. See what you think!

9119385958_5b785b4f1c_c.jpg

Edited by legofreak86

Great pics Clementsoh and Oky! I like poison ivy in the back, minding her own business. Nice iron patriot too!

Not sure if you can tell, but the Patriot is an official LEGO image added in, since the fig isn't out yet officially. Unfortunately, as I live in New Zealand, I'll have to pay out the nose for one.

Great Shot Oky!