Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Giddens

Review: 7783 Batman - Batcave

This looks pretty awesome. I'm not sure whether I'll get this yet, it depends if I can find the space.

Awesomeness. I'll get this on reduction after christmas! Very nice.

Can you explain the Dinosaur thing to me ?? I'm trying to increase my Bat-knowledge! :biggrin:

-Tilius-

i dont get the dino joke either.

on the other hand there's lots of cool parts in this set. my favorite is penguin's sub. if only the set comes with the batmobile... so for now it will join the "to get during a sale" list. best set in the batman theme except for the batmobile. absolutely love the huge number of minfigs.

This review now cements how much i want this set. It's gonna rock!

Also, are the screens stickers?

The screens are stickers. The dino comes from a tradition that batman has a large dinosaur statue in the bat cave (along with a large penny).

See here:

batcave.jpg

Wow, that is a really nice set. I don't have any of the batman stuff, but I may have to add this to the "get it on sale" list as well...

HERE is a nice little explanation of the dinosaur and the penny.

It also seems Batman has a Joker-Bomb and a sword in his trophy collection there. And just to speculate a bit, Batman used to keep a trophy of Deathstroke's (Slade Wilson) sword in the original Cave before it was destroyed in an earthquake. Figured that might be of interest to you Teen Titans fansDeino.jpg

How bad is the sticker situation? Are all of the printed pieces stickers? Most of them?

Steve

Nice review and comic! The sub looks great but I get the imprssion from the pics that everything else suffers from bley overload....What is the % roughly?

Thanks and God Bless,

Nathan

"Revenge is a dish that is best served cold" -- Mr. Freeze

"So is Jello, now shut up!"

LOL!! That was so friggin' funny. The set looks nice and huge, too bad you didn't have Mr. Pinguin, I would've loved to see some pics of him.

On S@H it says there's a Batboat repair bay and a Batmobile repair bay. Where abouts? I think this is the Batboat one, but what about the Batmobile? Is that the Batsled display bit? And how did a submarine get into the Batcave? Is there like an underwater tunnel to it??

Thanks

-Tilius-