RepublicForces

The Kennedy-Lincoln connection.

Here's a little part of US history which makes you sit up and go hmm...

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.

John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.

John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Both wives lost children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.

Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.

Both were succeeded by Southerners.

Both successors were named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.

Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.

Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Both names are comprised of fifteen letters.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named "Ford's".

Kennedy was shot in a car called "Lincoln - made by Ford Motor Co".

Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse.

Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.

Both John Wilkes Booth and Lee Harvey Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

So what do you guys think?

I'm trusting you that all of this is correct information. Did you uncover this or have others? This is definitely something very interesting. It doesn't mean much though but is very interesting. I do not believe that things like this are "coincidences". It happened for a reason. The fact that there are this many incidents that match up frankly astounding. I've never seen anything like this with other historical figures/events/etc. Even if you did not uncover this great find nonetheless.

That is very interesting and very well structured. I don't think that these peoples life's could be connected but I agree that the chance of these coincidences is quite impossible. Thanks for bringing this to light, it was very interesting to read about and I might look into it. :classic:

Lyndon Johnson (who succeeded Kennedy) had 6 feet 3 inches of height, 1 inch less than Lincoln.

Andrew Johnson (who succeeded Lincoln) had 5 feet 10 inches of height, 2 inches less than Kennedy.

My history teacher taught us this last year, I think. It's indeed very interesting, and worth looking into.

Kennedy was not a mason.

Lincoln was a mason.

Great difference.

But there are still many things that match up. This is just one thing that is different.

Lyndon Johnson (who succeeded Kennedy) had 6 feet 3 inches of height, 1 inch less than Lincoln.

Andrew Johnson (who succeeded Lincoln) had 5 feet 10 inches of height, 2 inches less than Kennedy.

This really doesn't match up that well. Yes their heights are close to their successors but there is not a direct correlation.

I find it odd that this is with what many say are two of the best presidents we've had. I'm not trying to start any political fight but many people do say that these two are some of the greatest presidents we've had.

Lincoln was definitely the greatest president. I mean, 6'3'' , no president is going to get any taller than that.

Anyway, regarding my fact, it is not meant to correlate. But I guess you may one day see it in a list of Lincoln-Kennedy similarities, but with Johnson's height changed by one inch so that the heights match. It is just one inch anyway and people reading these similarity lists are likely to fall for it. I mean, sometimes we just like finding these coincidences. Even though they don't really mean anything.

So what do you guys think?

Quite unimpressive.

People look for patterns everywhere. And they tend to find them, even when there actually are none.

Presidential election are only in certain years, same applies for congress.

Counting the lettes of names and trying to find a meaning in there makes one look like an idiot, sorry.

Johnson is the second most common family name in the United States after Smith.

And many people have three names, even PotUS': John Fitzgerald Kennedy, George Walker Bush, Lyndon Baines Johnson ... the list goes on.

This list does not make me sit up and go hmm...

It just makes me sad because there are people who take stuff like that serious :sad:

Seriously, guys. EB is not the place for politics and certainly not the place for conspiracy theories.

Damn, we've got a troublemaker...