jansued

Winter Village: The Dangers of Ice Skating

It was a tough shift for Engine 12 and Rescue 1 of the Winter Haven Fire Department. The third kid in a row didn't pay attention to the warnings given over the local media and broke through the thin ice layer while skating.

2.jpg

Irvin and McCormack tried to save the screaming and whining guy with a pike pole and a life ring, Captain Gustin already got the body hook if a more drastical approach would be necessary.

1.jpg

5.jpg

The local reporter was already on scene and made some nice pics for the Winter Haven newspaper, while Deputy Hightower was seriously thinking about arresting this guy cause he ignored all warnings.

3.jpg

Engineer Downey got the yellow rescue board, a new piece of equipment especially for water and ice rescue. Nobody knew that it would be needed that soon.

4.jpg

More pics here: Brichshelf

I just hope that I won't be disqulified because it is not real fun and festive....

Edited by jansued

Great little story and super rescue truck.

What are the firefighters wearing around their trousers? Must have missed that part along the way.

Great little story and super rescue truck.

What are the firefighters wearing around their trousers? Must have missed that part along the way.

It should look like there are wearing long fdny-style coats ....

Edited by jansued

Not exactly what I would imagine when thinking about an entry for this contest, but that's a good-looking rescue truck. I also like how you've done the tire marks in the snow. Don't think I've seen this before.

The fire truck is incredible, but what I love even more are all the details. I didn't catch the tire tracks until it was pointed out above, but those are very realistic. The minifig facial expressions, the ice, the reporter, the guy with the stick(?)... this is a great MOC, albeit quite different from most entries in the contest.

Oh no! The firefighters are really doing there job in this one. The only thing I can say against this is that it's not very festive and cheerful. :grin:

Great entry! It is highly detailed. I particularly like the rescue truck. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

That is really nice work....every detail was worked out precisely and with greatest care... You spent also a lot of time at building the rescuetruck... The result is again superb work....you should use this scene for trying to get a job at the Lego Group !!! They should offer you that job ofcourse !!!

Greetz LegoSjaak

AWESOME creation and I say Squad 51 lives - what a little fire/rescue squad truck - SWEET ! :grin:

Good luck and keep on walking on ice ! :wink:

AWESOME creation and I say Squad 51 lives - what a little fire/rescue squad truck - SWEET ! :grin:

Good luck and keep on walking on ice ! :wink:

Actually I had to rip of the Squad 51 I built for my kids and tried to built a modern version of it. Still don't like the hose reels -but the kids insisted on hose reels. No hose - no fire truck....

Actually I had to rip of the Squad 51 I built for my kids and tried to built a modern version of it. Still don't like the hose reels -but the kids insisted on hose reels. No hose - no fire truck....

Squad 51 didn't have a hose reel, but it have stacks of rescue and medical gear including that cool radio that could send medical data - not bad for early 1970's tech eh ? :wink:

Which minifig is John Gage and which is Roy DeSoto ?

Okay, so Emergency was my favorite TV when I was a kid ! :sweet:

I forgot to say I liked the ice sheet and the kid stuck in the icey water - nice one !

Again good luck and keep on calling Station 51 Squad 51 ! :grin:

This is a pretty unique and interesting idea for the Winter Village Contest jansued! It's nice to see a scene-based entry amidst all the building and house entries. Nice work on the ice sheet, it really looks very realistic. The red truck also looks lovely. Best of luck in the contest! default_thumbup.gif

Nice one :classic: I had wondered if there was a TV somewhere in the crowd, but the journalist will do!

This should win, no question.default_satisfied.gif Your tire tracks, tree, and especially the FDNY coats are awesome. (I might even have to use that ideadefault_blink.gif ) Where did you get all the cool grey slopes?