Shine

Hero Factory 2011

Nice to see both yellow and orange are back. Haha.

My only problem with the Heroes are their helmets/masks. Really disappointed by them. They seem to be the same basic template, but have different add-ons...I liked this year's helmets a lot better. :'(

That being said, ARTICULATED LIMBS! WOOOOOOOOO!

Yep, that's about how I feel, fortunately, that's why it's called LEGO, it'll be easy enough to replace these helmets with their old ones.

Though the two new guys having them is fine with me.

All the Bionicle parts moulds (molds for you US people) has been scraped and melted into statues of past LEGO designers.

I think most of the complaints are due to the helmets. The helmets make the rest of the body look out of place. I think that with heads that looked more like first HF, the heroes would suddenly look more like the first HF as well (except for the rods instead of axle holes.

Anyway, although I like the idea of using system rods for accessories. I don't really understand the point of replacing the axle sockets with rod sockets, since rods can be used in axle sockets anyway. It just limits the uses of the pieces for no reason.

Edited by vexorian

Anyway, I don't really understand the point of replacing the axle sockets with rod sockets, since rods can be used in axle sockets anyway. It just limits the uses of the pieces for no reason.

Check the limbs for normal Technic holes. I can see a hole on one of the vilians.

..axle sockets with rod sockets...

probably nitpicking, but I think "axle" and "rod" refer to the same thing. The lil round guys whose absence you lament are Pins :wink:

probably nitpicking, but I think "axle" and "rod" refer to the same thing. The lil round guys whose absence you lament are Pins :wink:

Actually, "rod" in this case is referring to the round clips or holes with the diameter that fits (for example) minifig tools. So smaller than an axle or a pin.

And Front makes a good point, there are several obvious axle and pin holes visible in obvious places such as the hands and ankle joints. I didn't have an image available at the time I made my post. Still, the armor has obvious pin sockets, and part of the reason is probably reasons of cleanliness. You could say it's even a step up from the first year of Hero Factory, where the auxiliary armor for the heroes (limited to torsos and leg armor pretty much) had practically no connection points on the exterior. These are a combination of those less versatile armor pieces with the Ben 10 body pieces, which had many, many external attachment points but lacked the versatility of these new, smaller, and less structurally specialized parts.

Actually, "rod" in this case is referring to the round clips or holes with the diameter that fits (for example) minifig tools. So smaller than an axle or a pin.

And Front makes a good point, there are several obvious axle and pin holes visible in obvious places such as the hands and ankle joints. I didn't have an image available at the time I made my post. Still, the armor has obvious pin sockets, and part of the reason is probably reasons of cleanliness. You could say it's even a step up from the first year of Hero Factory, where the auxiliary armor for the heroes (limited to torsos and leg armor pretty much) had practically no connection points on the exterior. These are a combination of those less versatile armor pieces with the Ben 10 body pieces, which had many, many external attachment points but lacked the versatility of these new, smaller, and less structurally specialized parts.

ah sí, gotcha. I know those lil guys as bars, but ok.

thought he was talking about the axle holes on the weapons replacing pin holes on weapons. didn't read it well enough.

the versatility of these new, smaller, and less structurally specialized parts.

don't forget 'excellent' :wink:

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

They would be excellent if they had cross sockets instead of rod ones. So it is just "good" but not excellent. Less specialized but still not versatile enough.

Anyway, all the heroes are black+color, instead of the previous version in which each hero had two colors, not sure if it is a good thing or not. The villains seem to be doing the same but with gun metal. In the case of the villains, I hope it changes because it sounds like they are getting Nuva syndrome... One of the good things of 2009 Bionicle and HF was that we didn't have such an abundance in Silver pieces as before, but with the villains it seems like we will end up with tons of gun metal... Besides that, it seems that the villains are still very preliminar because the CG looks messy.

I think Nitroblast has more hopes among the three villains. There is something about the mask that is very good. I like how that spike part is ommipresent (it was a VERY rare part until this, only appearing in three sets). If the spikes turn out to be transparent, it would be really awesome.

Edited by vexorian

These look pretty cool. The heroes are a huge improvement over this year's team. However, I think that this should have been a completely different team with different names, not just 2.0 of the original. The villans are not quite as good as they were this wave, but I see very useful parts. It looks like their Dark bley accessories have a battle damaged look to them, which would prove very useful in MOCs. Those are also some pretty sweet masks.

There is a real scrappy feeling to the villains this wave. I know they are all prelim blah blah blah but the Heros are so slick. The villains are a real throw away IMO.

There is a real scrappy feeling to the villains this wave. I know they are all prelim blah blah blah but the Heros are so slick. The villains are a real throw away IMO.

It appears much of the grey pieces are just prototype ABS molds that have no finalized design. The color seems bland and the texture off, hinting they haven't started producing these parts when these images were made. I'm pretty sure much of the color scheming will change with these villains before the release...hopefully.

Edited by LordGalewind

Anyway:

http://www.ihr-spielzeug.com/magento/index.php/spielwaren/baby-kleinkind/kleinkindspielzeug.html?order=name&dir=desc&mode=list&limit=25&p=10

Seems heroes and villains will cost the same as in 2010. Also, "LEGO Hero Factory Fire lord"

Edit: Plus Surge 2.0's set number seems to be 2141.

Edit : and Fire Lord's is 2235

Another link for confirmation:

http://www.klocki24.com/lego-2235-hero-factory-fire-lord.html

Guess I will waste all my morning looking for Fire Lord's pics.

Edited by vexorian

Anyway:

http://www.ihr-spielzeug.com/magento/index.php/spielwaren/baby-kleinkind/kleinkindspielzeug.html?order=name&dir=desc&mode=list&limit=25&p=10

Seems heroes and villains will cost the same as in 2010. Also, "LEGO Hero Factory Fire lord"

Edit: Plus Surge 2.0's set number seems to be 2141.

Edit : and Fire Lord's is 2235

Another link for confirmation:

http://www.klocki24.com/lego-2235-hero-factory-fire-lord.html

Guess I will waste all my morning looking for Fire Lord's pics.

Found a pic.

firelord.jpg

Better with translation:

2235 kit is a terrible Fire Lord, leader of the villains Hero Lego factory, who threaten the 22nd station it is great to have a bending claws, spikes and threatening flames.

the staff station 22 need immediate assistance, if fire-breathing enemies to reach the main warehouse, it will be the tragic end of the whole facility!

Acailable in sprzedazdy since January 2011

Sounds like a giant Malum. Not like there is anything wrong with that.

Edit: Piece counts for the lulz:

Heroes All seem to be 30 pieces. Edit: Oh, Evo has 31.

Nitroblast 57

Jetbug 63

DrillDozer 61

Fire Lord 125

Edit: all heroes' descriptions work like this:

Here comes an entirely new era superheroes. Heroes comes from the factory six completely new robots. Now they have more components that are easier to merge into each other.

Lego Hero Factory $NAME$ 2.0 is a unique, $COLOR$ robot endowed with great strength and speed, ready to rescue anyone who needs his help.

Edit: and the villains:

Nitroblast the barbed wire and flame-breathing creature that attacked the station. The staff station 22 need immediate assistance, if fire-breathing enemies to reach the main warehouse, it will be the tragic end of the whole facility!

Jetbug is one of the incredibly dangerous strikers in the service station. Flame-breathing creature must be immediately destroyed;

DrillDozer is incredibly dangerous with a big drill and spitting flames is a mortal danger to staff stations.

All villain descriptions end with:

The staff station 22 need immediate assistance, if fire-breathing enemies to reach the main warehouse, it will be the tragic end of the whole facility!

Edited by vexorian

The pics in the first page have bits of description of the sets. They are in Italian (my language).

I hope no one has translated them yet anyways...

Heroes

The development of three combined sets. Two heroes can...
^The sentence is not completely shown

Villans

Claws, flames and impenetrabile masks: here's the evil team!

"LEGO Hero Factory is an unique concept of game with a great background story that will be explained to kids thanks to a very strong support of ??? marketing..."

The ??? word is not shown.

"Four cartoons will tell the most important episodes of the story together with a TV commercial and they'll be available on channels which are directed to kids during the period of the release of the sets."

Edited by Strakk

Robo-firefighters.

lol! I saw that!

I don't know what's more disturbing, the fact that it bears a strong resemblance to Hero Factory or the fact that it came first.

Edited by ultra hamster

Clearly M3gaB@rff had an employee spy working inside ♥LEGO♥ who got the information about HF and then they made this transparently knock-off brand to try to capitalize on Hero Factory's obvious success.

Because ♥LEGO♥'s themes are always, always, always the most original things in the world and M##aBl##s always ALWAYS copies them.

Edited by Bfahome

The similarity is clear, but robots performing dangerous acts of public service wasn't an original idea for Megabloks or Hero Factory.

I like the sound of the Station 22 setting with fire-based invaders. It reminds me of the premise of many dark sci-fi films. I'm now hoping that the three smaller villains are generics, part of a massive swarm of enemies converging on the station in a Starship Trooper fashion. :sweet:

Clearly M3gaB@rff had an employee spy working inside ♥LEGO♥ who got the information about HF and then they made this transparently knock-off brand to try to capitalize on Hero Factory's obvious success.

Because ♥LEGO♥'s themes are always, always, always the most original things in the world and M##aBl##s always ALWAYS copies them.

Uh oh someone broke Bfahome. :laugh: But seriously this wave looks horrible the "jetbug" character is a disgrace to com puterbugs everywhere and that color scheme is disgustipating. The heros look really lame with all those new molds and I agree this looks just like mega. I'm not going to get any of these unless they really change them.